• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Wah-volution!: NEW Waluigi Support Thread

Chocosta

Smash Apprentice
This song needs to be in Waluigi's songlist:

For Waluigi's homestage, I'd like Maple Treeway, Coconut Mall, or a Mario Party stage.
He needs Mario Strikers (aka the best mario series) music as well. I really want the classroom music

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Not sure if you’ve played it before but Super Smash Flash 2 has Waluigi as a playable fighter and he uses plant as a special move on there!

that’s how it should be, honestly. Looking back on it I have no idea how we ended up with a playable piranha plant while Waluigi gets to enjoy his 3rd stay in assist trophy hell.
Sakurai was potentially trolling us. Piranha Plant was basically designed and intented to be a waste of a slot. I've seen Waluigi use his piranha plant move in Super Smash Flash 2.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
There's no point in arguing over PP being a waste or not. The fighter is in, we can complain about it all we want but it won't change what happened two years ago. It's best to move on from it since these discussions are usually negative and pointless. :mad088:

-------------------------------------------------------

My personal wanted stage for Waluigi is Waluigi Pinball. I think the stage has the potential to showcase madness and chaos with pinballs and obstacles flying around, which is perfect for Waluigi. Alternatively a Mario Party stage could also do the same thing with Waluigi Island. I'm surprised there hasn't been a Mario Party stage in Smash yet, you'd think that would be a no-brainer to include but eh.

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
I'd choose waluigi pinball or a Mario Party stage as well. I think a tennis stage could work as well but I think there's just so much more you would do with a pinball or party stage instead. But going back to Mario Party I don't know why we haven't gotten a stage for it yet, same goes for Bowser's Castle. I would've expected a Mario Party stage back in 64 or even Melee

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
I would also like to be added to the support list. Idk how I’m not on it yet but I think you all know where my opinion lies on whether I want Waluigi in Smash or not!

Chocosta

Smash Apprentice
So apparently, Waluigi is the most requested character... well, why don't you prove that ? Go on this website and vote for Waluigi. All you have to do is to connect with your email and "cheer" for Waluigi
And before you say "polls don't mean anything" yes they do... at least for the future and Waluigi must remain popular so Nintendo won't think that Waluigi in smash was just a meme.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
So apparently, Waluigi is the most requested character... well, why don't you prove that ? Go on this website and vote for Waluigi. All you have to do is to connect with your email and "cheer" for Waluigi
And before you say "polls don't mean anything" yes they do... at least for the future and Waluigi must remain popular so Nintendo won't think that Waluigi in smash was just a meme.
I've already said this at the Rayman thread, but this poll is bad and it really doesn't mean anything. They seem to have removed the dislike feature tho but the creator of this site didn't even reset the votes after removing that feature, meaning that some characters still have minus points. There is also no sign of actual moderation which means characters like these can show up without any problems:

hmk twomp.png

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Didn't Nintendo literally say once they don't listen to these things?

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
Didn't Nintendo literally say once they don't listen to these things?
I don’t know if they said exactly that, though it’s definitely a fair assumption Nintendo doesn’t really care about fan polls.

While I’m not a fan of how that poll specifically is set up, I personally like most fan polls myself, as I like having some form of data to look at when it comes to Smash requests. Every polls gonna be different, and they shouldn’t really be used as hard evidence in predictions on their own, but I enjoy looking at them.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
We don't need to prove anything, other polls have already done that for us, what's another random internet poll going to tell us? He isn't the top most wanted, that's more something for Sora or Crash and what have you. But for Assist Trophy promotions and first party wants, Waluigi is a top contender (usually the top contender against other Assists).

Not all polls are accurate, but Waluigi consistently showing up in high rankings among several of them should already prove a point to you, or something.

This could be Waluigi’s final smash!
I honestly don't know what Waluigi's final smash could be, for all we know it could be an original idea lol

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman

They could utilize his ability to swim through the air for his up B!

This could be Waluigi’s final smash!
This is interesting and would be pretty cool. I think it’s more likely that they’d use one of his special shots (can’t remember what they’re called, the ones with the cutscenes) from super Mario strikers though

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

They could utilize his ability to swim through the air for his up B!
A midair dunk? That would give Waluigi so much sauce lol.

I'm thinking maybe something more vertically linear like how the other plumbers do. Take Wario's recovery, increase the height, but have a sweetspot that does major damage and knockback, similar to Luigi.

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
A midair dunk? That would give Waluigi so much sauce lol.

I'm thinking maybe something more vertically linear like how the other plumbers do. Take Wario's recovery, increase the height, but have a sweetspot that does major damage and knockback, similar to Luigi.
Haha the dunk at the end would be neat but I meant that the recovery would just utilize his ability to swim through the air, similar to how he does in that clip! I think it would be really interesting if his recovery had a sweet spot mechanic like Luigi’s but the opposite, like how Waluigi is in super smash flash 2. Basically he could maybe swim through the air and then strike a pose at the end of the recovery, and if he makes contact at the very end of the recovery with the opponent it does massive damage/knock back

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Last edited:

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
The site isn't loading for me, just the favicon in the middle of the screen... that being said, do you see the URL perchance? Probably just an error, or a way of cashing in on the Waluigi for Smash hype, but you never know.... Makes about as much sense as the GenoStop "leak".
That’s weird, it loads for me. I’ll try it again. https://www.spencersonline.com/product/waluigi-snapback-hat-super-smash-bros/165799.uts

Yeah I don’t know what’s up with the smash title.

edit: Just realized the hat is sold out. That sucks...

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
So if we can get spirit promotions as DLC, what are the chances that we will get an assist trophy promotion in Smash Ultimate as DLC?

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
So if we can get spirit promotions as DLC, what are the chances that we will get an assist trophy promotion in Smash Ultimate as DLC?
I think its very likely. They have no problem turning off assist trophies on stages, so they could do the same with fighters. Not to mention that Bomberman deluxe mii that should be out tomorrow shows that they're aware of assists and their popularity.

But the only one I can truly see happening is Waluigi because of how big of a deal his assist trophy reveal was back in 2018 and just how popular he is. It was everywhere. No matter where you went people were talking about him, even The Washington Post made an article about it. Nintendo has even acknowledged his popularity and outcry. I do believe we're getting an assist promotion this pass and that it'll be Waluigi. Whether he's at the end or some kind of separate DLC, we just gotta wait and see

On the topic of DLC assist promotions, I think Shovel Knight, Shadow, Knuckles, Lyn, and a few others would be awesome as playable fighters.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I think its very likely. They have no problem turning off assist trophies on stages, so they could do the same with fighters. Not to mention that Bomberman deluxe mii that should be out tomorrow shows that they're aware of assists and their popularity.
Waluigi's assist trophy could simply just be replaced/reskinned with the Robotic Nightmare/Super Team Bot from Super Mario Strikers. For Bomberman on the other hand, is Bomberman's mii costume a step to him getting promoted to playable in Smash 6?

But the only one I can truly see happening is Waluigi because of how big of a deal his assist trophy reveal was back in 2018 and just how popular he is. It was everywhere. No matter where you went people were talking about him, even The Washington Post made an article about it. Nintendo has even acknowledged his popularity and outcry. I do believe we're getting an assist promotion this pass and that it'll be Waluigi. Whether he's at the end or some kind of separate DLC, we just gotta wait and see
Additional surprise DLC could occur outside of fighters pass 2.

On the topic of DLC assist promotions, I think Shovel Knight, Shadow, Knuckles, Lyn, and a few others would be awesome as playable fighters.
Bomberman and Akira (Virtura Fighter ) too. Both merit to be playable.

Last edited:

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
Waluigi's assist trophy could simply just be replaced/reskinned with the Robotic Nightmare/Super Team Bot from Super Mario Strikers. For Bomberman on the other hand, is Bomberman's mii costume a step to him getting promoted to playable in Smash 6?
Definitely agree! I really like Robo Waluigi's design. I think Bomberman has a good shot for Smash 6 or if Ultimate just gets ported to consoles in the future (Which is what I hope). I think the same will happen to other deluxe costumes as well. (Sans, Vault Boy, and Cuphead).

Additional surprise DLC could occur outside of fighters pass 2.
I think so as well, since we'll have four dummy slots for fighters once FP2 is all said and done.

Bomberman and Akira (Virtura Fighter ) too. Both merit to be playable.
Definitely agree. Honestly theirs so many Assists that would be awesome as playable fighters. Another reason why I'd want Ultimate to be ported is to turn these assists into fighters, they already have a model to work with.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Definitely agree! I really like Robo Waluigi's design. I think Bomberman has a good shot for Smash 6 or if Ultimate just gets ported to consoles in the future (Which is what I hope). I think the same will happen to other deluxe costumes as well. (Sans, Vault Boy, and Cuphead).
Aside from Bomberman, Crash Bandicoot isn't the only other 3rd party character that I want playable. Looks like being a deluxe mii costume can positively affect the chances of getting promoted to playable in the next game.

To get back on topic, Robotic Nightmare is a robot whose design is based on Waluigi. It can be presumed that the Robotic Nightmare can perform almost any of Waluigi's moves.

I think so as well, since we'll have four dummy slots for fighters once FP2 is all said and done.
There are a total of 12 DLC slots occupied. We should note that all DLC fighters are already chosen before reveal. Sakurai already officially confirmed that there will only be 2 fighters passes. So I think the extra 4 slots could be for a bonus unanticipated surprise.

Definitely agree. Honestly theirs so many Assists that would be awesome as playable fighters. Another reason why I'd want Ultimate to be ported is to turn these assists into fighters, they already have a model to work with.
Smash 6 or "Super Smash Bros. from the future" could be better than Smash Ultimate. But I still predict that they will reuse spirits from now on. However, I still predict that there will be cuts, which could be either good or bad.

Last edited:

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
Steve is pretty fun so far! I think my favorite alt is the Enderman. Anyway, I want to bring up the Bomberman Deluxe Mii again. So oddly enough, his spirit battle isn't changed. It's still Toon Link, it doesn't switch to the deluxe mii. I also took a picture of the Mii with his assist counterpart. Other than being slightly bigger, they look nearly identical.
EkQb4ZhUYAAxO_X.jpg

Also wanted to share this other image I took. Funny enough Waluigi was the first assist to show up during my first fight as Bomberman.
EkQb4ZjUwAIZ2XQ.jpg

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem

Apparently this is one of the largest ongoing polls right now and Waluigi is in third place, you can vote/cheer on multiple characters btw.

Apparently the tf2 Reddit raided it and that's why there's so many tf2 characters now

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

Apparently this is one of the largest ongoing polls right now and Waluigi is in third place, you can vote/cheer on multiple characters btw.

Apparently the tf2 Reddit raided it and that's why there's so many tf2 characters now
I know this poll is useless and means absolutely nothing, but as an Eggman supporter it's pretty cool to see the bad doctor up high.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I know this poll is useless and means absolutely nothing, but as an Eggman supporter it's pretty cool to see the bad doctor up high.
I know Nintendo/Sakurai have gone in to say how they don't look at fan polls for ideas for upcoming dlc, but I do think they at the very least take notes and acknowledge it for the next game at the very least. So I think it's still pretty nice to see Waluigi in the top 3, that gives a lot more hope for the next game at least.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
The fact that Reggie said Sakurai will be aware of the groundswell support makes me think Nintendo already approached Sakurai about adding Waluigi.

I don’t see why Sakurai wouldn’t try too. He made Steve work despite the fact that he said it was impossible.
So does this affect Waluigi's chances of getting in?

7NATOR

Smash Master
So does this affect Waluigi's chances of getting in?
It Would, because it at least Shows Nintendo is looking in Waluigi's Corner in particular to him being Playable. Waluigi I think at least would be considered for a Fighter Role after Base Roster

Of Course, It depends on Sakurai, like Reggie said it would, and even then, There are still other characters to take into Account. there's only 4 Slots left, and there are more than 4 Characters. There's more than 4 Characters that seem likely to join the Roster

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
It Would, because it at least Shows Nintendo is looking in Waluigi's Corner in particular to him being Playable. Waluigi I think at least would be considered for a Fighter Role after Base Roster

Of Course, It depends on Sakurai, like Reggie said it would, and even then, There are still other characters to take into Account. there's only 4 Slots left, and there are more than 4 Characters. There's more than 4 Characters that seem likely to join the Roster
Well there are 6 placeholder slots for DLC. Both fighters passes, plus Piranha Plant are occupying 12 of them. So could we be getting a surprise DLC after fighters pass 2?

Chocosta

Smash Apprentice
so what's going on with the mario 35th anniversary twitter ? we've been talking about it a lot because of the autumn of sports thing but now, no one is talking about it

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hey dudes. I went by every page and added people to the support list who I kept missing, speak now if you want me to add you up there too if you aren't. I also sacked my old signature, which was really just an ad for this thread for the past year and then some. But that might change again and I might have to advertise two threads, but we'll see on that. Might also touch up and revise the OP itself with better things in the future.

Also, IMO the chances of Waluigi getting in this pass is really dependent on Nintendo's strategy here, or if it goes by that so-called Mario Mandate. Whatever it is, I think that if they truly did want to get the people hyped beyond belief and wanted to use a character from their own franchises, the clear winner here is without a doubt Waluigi, both for his sheer popularity and the circumstances he's in. However, Sakurai could just simply say no, but we won't find out till the end.

Keep on keeping on. :waluigirose:

Last edited:

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
Hey dudes. I went by every page and added people to the support list who I kept missing, speak now if you want me to add you up there too if you aren't. I also sacked my old signature, which was really just an ad for this thread for the past year and then some. But that might change again and I might have to advertise two threads, but we'll see on that. Might also touch up and revise the OP itself with better things in the future.

Also, IMO the chances of Waluigi getting in this pass is really dependent on Nintendo's strategy here, or if it goes by that so-called Mario Mandate. Whatever it is, I think that if they truly did want to get the people hyped beyond belief and wanted to use a character from their own franchises, the clear winner here is without a doubt Waluigi, both for his sheer popularity and the circumstances he's in. However, Sakurai could just simply say no, but we won't find out till the end.

Keep on keeping on. :waluigirose:
Can you add me to the list

Top Bottom