• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Wah-volution!: NEW Waluigi Support Thread

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
There is no doubt in my mind that we are going to get a mario sports game really soon and so the autumn of sports event is probably there for a reason... it's really strange that they started doing it a few days ago during the period when dlc 7 was rumored to be revealed this week or next week so maybe it's all coming together...

or maybe it's just a coincidence but I'm sick of coincidences, everytime we see the light at the end of the tunnel, nintendo's like :
Off topic, but I like Hazbin hotel.

Chocosta

Smash Apprentice
Off topic, but I like Hazbin hotel.
Alright ! We have a woman of culture right there !
I also really like it and the wait for the second episode is killing me (same for Helluva Boss). Sir Pentious and Angel Dust are my favorites !
Btw, don't you think that Charlie's kinda like us ? When she was in 666 News, she explained her dream of how she wanted to rehabilitate demons in the Happy Hotel because she thought that everyone deserves a second chance and almost everyone laughed at her because they thought it was completely bull****.
We have the dream of having Waluigi in smash but all the dumb, naysayers assholes are laughing at us, saying it's impossible.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
Alright ! We have a woman of culture right there !
I also really like it and the wait for the second episode is killing me (same for Helluva Boss). Sir Pentious and Angel Dust are my favorites !
Btw, don't you think that Charlie's kinda like us ? When she was in 666 News, she explained her dream of how she wanted to rehabilitate demons in the Happy Hotel because she thought that everyone deserves a second chance and almost everyone laughed at her because they thought it was completely bull****.
We have the dream of having Waluigi in smash but all the dumb, naysayers assholes are laughing at us, saying it's impossible.
Yep, she’s relatable. We have a seemingly impossible dream that everyone mocks. Just like her. But hey, if we get our dream to come true, then Charlie can too!

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
Pokemon presentation happening. Which I’m fine with, I’m a Pokemon fan myself. They’re saving smash for last aren’t they? Well, let’s hope for the best it’s our purple boy!

Chocosta

Smash Apprentice
Yep, she’s relatable. We have a seemingly impossible dream that everyone mocks. Just like her. But hey, if we get our dream to come true, then Charlie can too!
Yeah she can, even though Alastor is probably here to watch the hotel fail and Charlie's dream getting destroyed

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
I really wish that they’d reveal CP7 already or even just give a teaser. I think CP7 is Waluigi’s last real shot at making it in other than maybe the slim chance that we get another stand alone dlc fighter at some point. After this I really don’t know if I will keep up with speculation, because if it is him then great I got my only long-requested character in... if not, then I’m going to accept that he isn’t in. I just want to know, haha

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
I really wish that they’d reveal CP7 already or even just give a teaser. I think CP7 is Waluigi’s last real shot at making it in other than maybe the slim chance that we get another stand alone dlc fighter at some point. After this I really don’t know if I will keep up with speculation, because if it is him then great I got my only long-requested character in... if not, then I’m going to accept that he isn’t in. I just want to know, haha
I think cp7 will be revealed soon (at least I hope). I want it to be Waluigi, then I can be done with speculation and go play the game as my favorite character.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I think cp7 will be revealed soon (at least I hope). I want it to be Waluigi, then I can be done with speculation and go play the game as my favorite character.
Of all my most wanted only 2, count 'em, 2, are actually possible as DLC (Wah and Crash) - there might be a few "heh, that's cool!"'s or a few "god damn it, this again?"'s, but if I get one of those two I'll probably be happy - especially given I didn't make the mistake of buying the FP before reveals again.

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
Exactly. I think as far as DLC goes Waluigi is the only character that I really really want. There’s some others that I would like to see, but I don’t care enough about the rest to keep up with speculation if Waluigi is already in. Even if he’s never getting in, that’s fine, I respect Sakurai’s decision. I just wish there was a way that we could know that so that we could all stop worrying about it and giving ourselves hope lol

Chocosta

Smash Apprentice
I wanted Snake to return and I wanted Castlevania stuff with playable Alucard and Richter and Banjo Kazooie... I got almost all 3 of them (Alucard is just an assist trophy and probably won't get upgraded... and to think he was planned to be playable... damn it !)

As of now, there are 3 characters I really want and Waluigi is one of them (the others are Reimu and Travis Touchdown) but Waluigi is the last one I TRULY want. If he's in, then even if the others are not in, I'll be totally fine, just give me Waluigi please and I couldn't care less about what we get next. I'm just ****ing sick and tired of waiting, if he's not next, then I'd be like "**** it" and be convinced once and for all that Nintendo clearly don't give a **** about our outcry and are just messing with us like the ******* they are by giving us false hope

Last edited:

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
Exactly. I think as far as DLC goes Waluigi is the only character that I really really want. There’s some others that I would like to see, but I don’t care enough about the rest to keep up with speculation if Waluigi is already in. Even if he’s never getting in, that’s fine, I respect Sakurai’s decision. I just wish there was a way that we could know that so that we could all stop worrying about it and giving ourselves hope lol
All they have to do is reveal the next character and then will know. Waluigi has to happen now, the timing of the anniversary and Mario tournament makes me thinks this is when they would reveal a Mario character.

Considering last year when the fighter pass 2 was announced, all the characters were already decided. So if the they picked a Mario character, they most likely decided to do that for the anniversary. And Waluigi would be the perfect one cause he’s a mainstay and the outcry was so huge they acknowledged it. I mean, what’s better than to choose the most wanted Mario character?

Despite the fact that there are four more slots in the pass, I think this is truly his last chance. I don’t see them revealing a Mario character later in the pass. If they do and it’s Waluigi that’s great, I’d love to be proven wrong, but I just don’t see it happening.

Last edited:

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
New reveal tomorrow morning 7am pacific. Let’s hope for the best!

it’s interesting because the YouTube channel is calling it a “Sakurai presents”, which is usually where he fully shows off the fighter... but their tweet says it will only last 3 minutes? It doesn’t seem to add up

Chocosta

Smash Apprentice
New reveal tomorrow morning 7am pacific. Let’s hope for the best!

it’s interesting because the YouTube channel is calling it a “Sakurai presents”, which is usually where he fully shows off the fighter... but their tweet says it will only last 3 minutes? It doesn’t seem to add up
Yeah it doesn't make any sense. It's not a Sakurai presents. They are just going to announce the character and then there will be a brief message from sakurai who is probably going to give us the release date of the character and some infos about the future

It's now or never !! This is the last chance !! Either it's him or I will stop believing for good

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
If Waluigi is revealed tomorrow, then he'll be Challenger Pack 7, number 77. As we all know, impostors of Mario characters have a common association with the number 7.

New theory: Funny number theory. Incineroar was fighter number 69 and he's a furry chad. If we ever get to 420 fighters that is when we'll finally get the grass-type starter we've wanted all this time. 666 will be Diablo from Diablo. 1.0 × 10100 will be a Stadia rep.

Please don't take funny number theory seriously.

Last edited:

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
Man I am really nervous lol. I will be excited beyond words if he is chosen. That being said I still am not “convinced”, so to speak, that it really is him. I won’t be mad if it isn’t him, I’ll just move on from speculation I think. However, if they choose yet another Mario character to add as a newcomer that isn’t Waluigi, I will be a little disappointed. It will definitely feel like someone internally doesn’t like him at that point.

Chocosta

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna regret saying this, but that might be in Waluigi's favour... Waluigi needs no introduction, everybody knows him and his history.
I agree, you would expect at least a 25 mins presentation for a lot of characters whether because not a lot of people know where they come from or because they are icons with some massive history. Even Banjo Kazooie got a 25 mins presentation because the younger fans might not be familiar with them... but Waluigi, everyone and their mother know him, he's a mainstream character. When you have Netflix and The Washington Post talking about him, you know you don't need to ask who he is.
And besides, what would they say about him ? "Waluigi debuted in 2000 on Mario Tennis for the n64. He's Wario's friend and claim to be Luigi's rival. He appeared on multiple spin-offs since then." That's it, 3 sentences to describe him, that would be kinda weird for a 20 mins video. It would be the same if he presented the spin-offs.
"What is Mario Tennis ? The first game of the series came out in 2000 on the n64. In this game, you play tennis with the various Mario characters including Waluigi. Mario Tennis games were produced on every consoles since then including the Switch with the lastest installment of the series, Mario Tennis Aces."
They don't need a lot of time to explain who Waluigi is. He is extremely well-known already and it's weird to say that but he's fortunately not important enough to give time to talk about him. he is just some popular mainstream character from Mario games and it's perfect.
I guess we will see the Waluigi trailer, and then he will joke about how much people wanted him before giving infos for the future like if cocovirus will delay the rest of the pass.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
I agree, you would expect at least a 25 mins presentation for a lot of characters whether because not a lot of people know where they come from or because they are icons with some massive history. Even Banjo Kazooie got a 25 mins presentation because the younger fans might not be familiar with them... but Waluigi, everyone and their mother know him, he's a mainstream character. When you have Netflix and The Washington Post talking about him, you know you don't need to ask who he is.
And besides, what would they say about him ? "Waluigi debuted in 2000 on Mario Tennis for the n64. He's Wario's friend and claim to be Luigi's rival. He appeared on multiple spin-offs since then." That's it, 3 sentences to describe him, that would be kinda weird for a 20 mins video. It would be the same if he presented the spin-offs.
"What is Mario Tennis ? The first game of the series came out in 2000 on the n64. In this game, you play tennis with the various Mario characters including Waluigi. Mario Tennis games were produced on every consoles since then including the Switch with the lastest installment of the series, Mario Tennis Aces."
They don't need a lot of time to explain who Waluigi is. He is extremely well-known already and it's weird to say that but he's fortunately not important enough to give time to talk about him. he is just some popular mainstream character from Mario games and it's perfect.
I guess we will see the Waluigi trailer, and then he will joke about how much people wanted him before giving infos for the future like if cocovirus will delay the rest of the pass.
I get that he’s well known, but he still needs to show how he plays in depth. Which doesn’t seem to be what we are getting. It just seems like a trailer.

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
My impressions of a 3 min presentation are it is: 1) first party. 2) popular enough to not need an explanation as to who they are. 3) from a series already in smash, so no need to explain what the series is.

I think that this is only a reveal and nothing more. With it being 3 mins though that seems a tad long for a reveal... maybe double reveal or a bonus fighter announcement?

I could be wrong but that was my impression at least. If this was a 3rd party character I don’t think said 3rd party would be happy with their character only getting 3 minutes on screen.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
My impressions of a 3 min presentation are it is: 1) first party. 2) popular enough to not need an explanation as to who they are. 3) from a series already in smash, so no need to explain what the series is.

I could be wrong but that was my impression at least. If this was a 3rd party character I don’t think said 3rd party would be happy with their character only getting 3 minutes on screen.
It's probably also 4) not from a protagonist-interchangeable series, given they gave full introductions for Byleth and Min "everyone's the protagonist!" Min.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman

Mario sports doesn’t need an introduction.

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
Mario sports doesn’t need an introduction.
Yup. Everyone knows who Waluigi is... it just makes so much sense in so many ways. Of course, other fan bases can make their character make sense, as well. For instance, a lot of the speculation surrounding Geno and Waluigi is interchangeable... but if we think that this is going to be first party then it’s the Wah’s time to shine I think.

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't Sakurai say sales often impact which characters get in Smash? I think Duck Hunt was one of the characters he cited, and IIRC Pit was chosen because he had the best sales of the Famicom GBA ports in Japan. Anyway, have a peek at this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_Nintendo_Switch_video_games
With Mario Kart number 1 and Mario Party not too far behind and Aces a respectable top 25... Waluigi is just so prominent on the switch. Come on Sakurai he deserves a chance to smash and to represent these games!

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
I’m surprised no insiders have thrown their hat into the ring on a character. I’m thinking it’s either an underwhelming character or a very controversial one. I highly doubt that none of them know anything.

edit- deleted a quote, didn’t mean to reply to anyone specific

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I’m surprised no insiders have thrown their hat into the ring on a character. I’m thinking it’s either an underwhelming character or a very controversial one. I highly doubt that none of them know anything.

edit- deleted a quote, didn’t mean to reply to anyone specific
1st parties are harder to leak, neither Min Min or Byleth were verifiably leaked (though admittedly the prior was pretty easy to guess), nor was the existence of an ARMS rep. I think it's possible they're focusing on 1st parties this time around to prevent leaks.

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
1st parties are harder to leak, neither Min Min or Byleth were verifiably leaked (though admittedly the prior was pretty easy to guess), nor was the existence of an ARMS rep. I think it's possible they're focusing on 1st parties this time around to prevent leaks.
You’re right I didn’t consider that. The fact that there have been no leaks AND it’s only 3 minutes... guys I’m pretty sure this is first party. And the timing of it... hype responsibly but this really could be Waluigi. I’m guessing it’s either Waluigi or a Gen 8 pokemon personally, king boo is a sleeper pick as well since we never got a Luigis Mansion 3 spirit event

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
You’re right I didn’t consider that. The fact that there have been no leaks AND it’s only 3 minutes... guys I’m pretty sure this is first party. And the timing of it... hype responsibly but this really could be Waluigi. I’m guessing it’s either Waluigi or a Gen 8 pokemon personally, king boo is a sleeper pick as well since we never got a Luigis Mansion 3 spirit event
Ooh boy, didn't think about King Boo... I'm not opposed to him on paper but god damn it'd be disappointing if he got in over Waluigi given that "stealing slots" is a VERY real thing when it comes to Fighters' Passes.

Last edited:

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
Ooh boy, didn't think about King Boo... I'm not opposed to him on paper but god damn it'd be disappointing if he got in over Waluigi given that "stealing slots" is a VERY real thing when it comes to Fighters' Passes.
I could understand the addition of King Boo given the success of LM3 and him having the role of lead villain for 3 games now... plus I think Sakurai could come up with some neat mechanics for him. Still, Waluigi is my dream pick by far. If a Mario character gets in that isn’t Waluigi, I think the only one that wouldn’t make me disappointed would be King Boo.

Top Bottom