• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Wah-volution!: NEW Waluigi Support Thread

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wait a minute, why is Dr. Mario a heavyweight and Mario isn't?
He isn't, till Smash 4. He was given different stats from Mario. Probably cause he carries around equipment.

Basically, he's only similar to Wario in that they're far harder hitting than Mario is. That's... kind of it. Sorry, I didn't specify it that well. I thought Mario was heavier in Melee when I made my original comparison years ago. Not clearly the case. But Dr. Mario does have an overall higher output of attacks overall strength-wise, which as I noted, is... as close to Wario as you can get when it comes to a "replacement". Do note this was before anyone found the files in Brawl too, which showed a lot were meant to come back.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
He isn't, till Smash 4. He was given different stats from Mario. Probably cause he carries around equipment.

Basically, he's only similar to Wario in that they're far harder hitting than Mario is. That's... kind of it. Sorry, I didn't specify it that well. I thought Mario was heavier in Melee when I made my original comparison years ago. Not clearly the case. But Dr. Mario does have an overall higher output of attacks overall strength-wise, which as I noted, is... as close to Wario as you can get when it comes to a "replacement". Do note this was before anyone found the files in Brawl too, which showed a lot were meant to come back.
Interesting.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Interesting.
Yeah. It's why he was used more in Melee, since Mario and Dr. Mario had near identical stats, but Dr. Mario was just better in the tier list.

You could say they're the first echo when it comes to how similar they were. Though to be fair, even in comparison, he's more unique than Daisy or Richter, but only by a bit. Once 4 and Ultimate came around, he got massively changed. Also I'm pretty sure he has more changed values than Ken too?

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
When Ridley and K. Rool were added to Smash, they took certain moves from their games (Fire breath, Krown Boomerang, Boxing Gloves), but most of their moves were made up based around their physical attributes (Belly Counter, Ridley's wing attacks). King K. Rool has his giant belly and powerful but stocky limbs, Ridley has his long tail, giant wings, and fierce jaw. Taking that into account, I could see quite a few moves in Waluigi's moveset being based around his height, long reaching arms, and his signature "legs for days".

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
When Ridley and K. Rool were added to Smash, they took certain moves from their games (Fire breath, Krown Boomerang, Boxing Gloves), but most of their moves were made up based around their physical attributes (Belly Counter, Ridley's wing attacks). King K. Rool has his giant belly and powerful but stocky limbs, Ridley has his long tail, giant wings, and fierce jaw. Taking that into account, I could see quite a few moves in Waluigi's moveset being based around his height, long reaching arms, and his signature "legs for days".
Yeah I can see Waluigi's legs being a strong factor for his moveset. He is taller than the other bros after all.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yeah. It's why he was used more in Melee, since Mario and Dr. Mario had near identical stats, but Dr. Mario was just better in the tier list.

You could say they're the first echo when it comes to how similar they were. Though to be fair, even in comparison, he's more unique than Daisy or Richter, but only by a bit. Once 4 and Ultimate came around, he got massively changed. Also I'm pretty sure he has more changed values than Ken too?
I like Doc myself more than the plumber when comes to playing as Mario in Smash. That black Dr. Mario alt looks so bad*** it make him look cooler than Mario. Also why is the length of Dr. Mario's framedata for his back air longer than Mario's in Melee?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I like Doc myself more than the plumber when comes to playing as Mario in Smash. That black Dr. Mario alt looks so bad*** it make him look cooler than Mario. Also why is the length of Dr. Mario's framedata for his back air longer than Mario's in Melee?
Well, every single clone had some differences so they play uniquely. Smash 4 is the first time anyone is hard to tell apart. Dr. Mario is even updated heavily from Melee. It's not just already have at least one different special, as he was kept the original design.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
I think it would be hilarious if Waluigi was given a move set that turned him into a very adept water bender similar to Mario being turned into a fire bender despite him only really being able to shoot fireballs with one power up (unless Mario's fire bending in smash was based off of Superstar Saga which I've never assumed to be the case).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think it would be hilarious if Waluigi was given a move set that turned him into a very adept water bender similar to Mario being turned into a fire bender despite him only really being able to shoot fireballs with one power up (unless Mario's fire bending in smash was based off of Superstar Saga which I've never assumed to be the case).
Mario was able to use a Fire Fist in Smash before Melee came out. Fire Hand might've been based on that, honestly. Or unrelated.

Though I think keeping the move since it lines up decently with one of the RPG's isn't a bad idea. I forget how much later Superstar Saga came out(sometimes games that are in development can influence ideas). They're also pretty different moves. Incidentally, Dr. Mario's move is closer to Thunder Hand than what Luigi has. XD

Also, Mario being able to do a massive amount of fire is also something from Super Mario RPG. Flame, Super Flame, and Ultra Flame. Mario's Final Smash is possibly alluding to that. Peach never carried a parasol before either. Albeit, a princess slapping isn't that odd, so it's far less likely to be more than an obvious addition.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
My money is going all in on Waluigi- I think if we weren't going to get him before, then an unexpected inability to work with Third Party companies will force this fan favorite character to the front of the list.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Hey everyone, came back to give y'all a heads up and a PSA, I know a lot of you probably follow smash twitter pages and fan groups so you should know what's going on, but here's my tweet about it, long story short is that the assist alliance twitter seems to be post actual gore pics and other messed up crap for some reason so it's best to unfollow and block the account
https://twitter.com/TheBrainJem/status/1251740021763256321?s=19

Edit: spoke to a mod and they confirmed the account was hacked and taken over, them and other are saying it was deleted but I'm still seeing new post, so I dunno what's going on with that

Second edit: figured it out, the account is still up just they changed the @ to the n word (yikes)
https://twitter.com/TheBrainJem/status/1251745824519983104?s=19

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hey everyone, came back to give y'all a heads up and a PSA, I know a lot of you probably follow smash twitter pages and fan groups so you should know what's going on, but here's my tweet about it, long story short is that the assist alliance twitter seems to be post actual gore pics and other messed up crap for some reason so it's best to unfollow and block the account
https://twitter.com/TheBrainJem/status/1251740021763256321?s=19

Edit: spoke to a mod and they confirmed the account was hacked and taken over, them and other are saying it was deleted but I'm still seeing new post, so I dunno what's going on with that
It was suspended, but gore is not against Twitter rules from what I understand, so unless they can prove it was hacked, Twitter can't really do much about it. I mean, it's obviously hacked and literally everyone who was supposed to be able to get into it can't.

It sucks people do this. Hopefully they can get a better new twitter name. ;/

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
It was suspended, but gore is not against Twitter rules from what I understand, so unless they can prove it was hacked, Twitter can't really do much about it. I mean, it's obviously hacked and literally everyone who was supposed to be able to get into it can't.

It sucks people do this. Hopefully they can get a better new twitter name. ;/
Turns out it isn't suspended it just has a new @

Also yeah twitter is god awful and let's **** like this happen all the time it sucks ass.

The mods said a new twitter is going to be made yeah, it's a shame I had to find out about this by seeing gore on my timeline, not exactly the best way to find out

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Turns out it isn't suspended it just has a new @

Also yeah twitter is god awful and let's **** like this happen all the time it sucks ass.

The mods said a new twitter is going to be made yeah, it's a shame I had to find out about this by seeing gore on my timeline, not exactly the best way to find out
Well, reporting can only do so much.

Thankfully this should be resolved soon. Or mostly.

Twirlerena

Smash Cadet
I wonder...If Nintendo is starting with first party. Will we get all the first party characters before third party due to the pandemic?

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
I wonder...If Nintendo is starting with first party. Will we get all the first party characters before third party due to the pandemic?
That could happen, it's possible they moved characters around last minute because of the pandemic and it would make sense. I was always a little confused as to why they didn't just announce who the ARMS character was, but maybe thats why? Maybe because of the virus they had to make some last minute changes, and because of that the ARMS character was bumped up to #6 and needed more time?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
You know, if there was to be a Waluigi game I'd want him to be characterised as someone with no ulterior motives, actually trying to save the day instead of just getting money or the girl, and instead building the anti- in his -hero out of him being willing to go to extreme lengths for justice: cheating, lying, scheming, e.t.c. - basically the moustache twirling villain trope put through a(n anti-)heroic lens - people on the internet love to re-imagine characters who fall into that trope as the real heroes, so playing with that would be pretty fun.

Last edited:

Twirlerena

Smash Cadet
Why isn’t this thread more active? Anyway, I’d like to share something that admittedly is kinda old, but thought I’d bring it up for speculation purposes.

It’s called “paraleak”. Which said that Waluigi was going to be last, if true I wonder if he’ll be bumped up due to the circumstances going on right now.

Last edited:

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
Why isn’t this thread more active? Anyway, I’d like to share something that admittedly is kinda old, but thought I’d bring it up for speculation purposes.

It’s called “paraleak”. Which said that Waluigi was going to be last, if true I wonder if he’ll be bumped up due to the circumstances going on right now.

Wish it was more active too, but hey what can ya do. Regarding Paragon, I remember when this went down. Last year right before Hero and Banjo got released. Correct me if I'm wrong but he said the pass would be Hero, Banjo, someone from Undertale(heard it wouldn't be Sans so he thought it was Frisk), and the Waah. We got Hero, we got Banjo, we TECHNICALLY got Undertale through Sans but that still leaves Waluigi.

Possibly he was moved to FP2? I wish we had more information on the leak, it was always very interesting to me. Regardless I'm still betting on Waluigi being at e3 or being the final fighter to be revealed next year

Twirlerena

Smash Cadet
Wish it was more active too, but hey what can ya do. Regarding Paragon, I remember when this went down. Last year right before Hero and Banjo got released. Correct me if I'm wrong but he said the pass would be Hero, Banjo, someone from Undertale(heard it wouldn't be Sans so he thought it was Frisk), and the Waah. We got Hero, we got Banjo, we TECHNICALLY got Undertale through Sans but that still leaves Waluigi.

Possibly he was moved to FP2? I wish we had more information on the leak, it was always very interesting to me. Regardless I'm still betting on Waluigi being at e3 or being the final fighter to be revealed next year
There are more details about the paraleak, I’ll go ahead share it if you’re interested. It’s in order btw.

It’s a long read, so hope it’s worth it.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

That's incredibly old and very likely fake.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
It got a lot right actually. The stuff they got wrong was a mix up.
Highly convenient for the mistakes to have been explained away after the fact. Almost like it's a fake leaker covering their tracks and a pair of dedicated fanbases willing to believe them.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Highly convenient for the mistakes to have been explained away after the fact. Almost like it's a fake leaker covering their tracks and a pair of dedicated fanbases willing to believe them.
Which happens a lot. A lot of leakers don't bother to admit they simply got bad information.

Though at times they had no real information and make a poor prediction(this could be why Verge guessed SE first since he wasn't leaked Joker). Even with Joker being shown off too early, Hero wouldn't have been first, heh.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
So I was on Twitter right now and I saw this, wanted to share it and get your guys opinion on this. What could this mean for Waluigi if he's gets in?
https://twitter.com/Xdo12/status/1254782284126797832
There's a few types of characters I could see this applying to:

A Square fighter, or any other fighter owned by a particularly stingy company
A fighter from a simple game it'd be hard to make a stage for (Space Invader for example)
A rep for a series that already has a high quantity of stages (Waluigi being the obvious example here)
A fighter who already has a stage perfectly fit for them (King Boo or Porky for example)

It's a typo. Don't think too hard.
I dunno, I'd say it's pretty suspicious when the US description doesn't mention the number of stages at all. If a maths expert around here could calculate the prices of the two passes in proportion to content to help figure this out that'd be cool

Last edited:

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
There's a few types of characters I could see this applying to:

A Square fighter, or any other fighter owned by a particularly stingy company
A fighter from a simple game it'd be hard to make a stage for (Space Invader for example)
A rep for a series that already has a high quantity of stages (Waluigi being the obvious example here)
A fighter who already has a stage perfectly fit for them (King Boo or Porky for example)

I dunno, I'd say it's pretty suspicious when the US description doesn't mention the number of stages at all. If a maths expert around here could calculate the prices of the two passes in proportion to content to help figure this out that'd be cool
Regarding Square I IMMEDIATELY thought Geno, but would they really do that? Granted yeah they've been rough with music and spirits but a STAGE? With Waluigi if this is true and he does get in, I hope we would at least get double the music tracks to make up no stage or something similar

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Regarding Square I IMMEDIATELY thought Geno, but would they really do that? Granted yeah they've been rough with music and spirits but a STAGE? With Waluigi if this is true and he does get in, I hope we would at least get double the music tracks to make up no stage or something similar
Could be Sora, since then there's two stingy companies to deal with.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
They're not gonna add a new third-party series without a stage, Disney or no Disney.
While I'm kinda hesitant to throw around absolutes I do think it's very unlikely that we would get a third party character without a stage. The only exception I could imagine would be perhaps Geno. If they were treating him like a Mario character there's a chance they could just skip making a stage for him. Something like that hasn't happened before....but then a character in Genos position hasn't become playable in Smash before either.

I feel like Cloud is an example of the bare minimum Sakurai would push for.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
We've been promised from the fighters pass to have exactly one fighter, one stage, and a couple of music tracks from each pack. Anything else like spirits and mii costumes are just extras and were not promised to be part of the fighters pass. If we ever lack DLC content I expect it to be spirits and mii costumes, and not the parts that were promised to come with the challenger packs.

Twirlerena

Smash Cadet
Looking back at Waluigi’s huge support from e3 2018 and reading articles about how Nintendo is aware of the demand, makes me very hopeful for his inclusion in the dlc.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So, is there not a lot of people on smashboards that support Waluigi?
There are plenty, but the structure of Challenger Packs would be a problem for Waluigi. I don't believe that stuff about him coming with LM3 content for one second because Smash already promoted LM3 by introducing us to the new Poltergust.

Twirlerena

Smash Cadet
There are plenty, but the structure of Challenger Packs would be a problem for Waluigi. I don't believe that stuff about him coming with LM3 content for one second because Smash already promoted LM3 by introducing us to the new Poltergust.
Why would he come with Luigi’s mansion 3 stuff? He has nothing to do with that game. He‘d probably come with Mario tennis aces stuff, like fighting on a tennis court! My only real faith in his inclusion is the fact that Nintendo said they are very aware of the groundswell support for him.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So, is there not a lot of people on smashboards that support Waluigi?
Fanbase got a bad rep because of those a-holes that sent death threats, and the original thread was perma-locked (I wasn't around, but I think people just took his disconfirmation really poorly and things turned ugly) so people went away and didn't come back when a new thread was allowed late in the game.

Top Bottom