• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Wah-volution!: NEW Waluigi Support Thread

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Another idea I had is that if Luigi were to be put as part of his own series (Luigi's mansion) and the theory about Waluigi being the main villain of Luigi's mansion 3 turns out to be true, then I suppose Waluigi could be classified as a Luigi's mansion/Luigi series rep.

I would imagine much like Wario he would also have a new design as the main costume, with the classic overalls being the alternate costume

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Another idea I had is that if Luigi were to be put as part of his own series (Luigi's mansion) and the theory about Waluigi being the main villain of Luigi's mansion 3 turns out to be true, then I suppose Waluigi could be classified as a Luigi's mansion/Luigi series rep.

I would imagine much like Wario he would also have a new design as the main costume, with the classic overalls being the alternate costume
Well, I think the classic overalls, (Which are also worn by Mario, Luigi, Wario, Ann, Tom, Scout, etc.) would remain the default, and if Waluigi is major character in Luigi's Mansion 3 of any kind, most likely an antagonist. Then it might increase the chances of him being promoted to playable in Smash 6.

Bob (In a vulugar accent): Waluigi will never be in Smash!

Me: Your wrong! Waluigi will eventually be in Smash. Goku will never be in Smash!
Bob (In a dissappointed accent): Waluigi will never be in Smash.

Me: Thank goodness your wrong! Waluigi will eventually be in Smash. Goku will never be in Smash!
Here's my new moveset for Waluigi.

waluigi_super_smash_bros_sprites__my_ver___revamp_by_kaithehedgefox10_dddq333.png

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
While I can see some fun concepts in that moveset - I especially like his up air being a meteor smash and a Dice Block that acts like Mr. Game & Watch's Judge but as a projectile - I REALLY don't like how they just gave Waluigi a Green Missile lookalike for the side special. idk, I feel like they could have done something more than that.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Actually, his Side-B is different from Luigi's because it homes onto enemies, making it more interesting.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Actually, his Side-B is different from Luigi's because it homes onto enemies, making it more interesting.
OK that makes it better, probably should have shown that off in the trailer.

I mean they KINDA did but it just looked like the move arced more than Luigi's.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Do you guys think Sakurai would incorp Waluigi's "Wah!" scream into his moveset? I don't think so. I think is entire moveset would be based around the stuff from the Mario spin off games like a tennis racket from Mario Tennis as his Neutral Special, a kart from Mario Kart as his Side Special, a golf club from Mario Golf as his Down Special, anything from Mario Party as his Smash Attacks, grabs, jabs, tilts, ect.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Do you guys think Sakurai would incorp Waluigi's "Wah!" scream into his moveset? I don't think so. I think is entire moveset would be based around the stuff from the Mario spin off games like a tennis racket from Mario Tennis as his Neutral Special, a kart from Mario Kart as his Side Special, a golf club from Mario Golf as his Down Special, anything from Mario Party as his Smash Attacks, grabs, jabs, tilts, ect.
While that's a brilliant idea for Waluigi as a must-have playable chaaracter. I also thought of my moveset for Waluigi above would be amazing.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
That's gonna be a no for me chief, I feel like they could be more clever with Waluigi's moveset than that.
Don't get me wrong they should fully embrace the character's quirkiness, but him shouting "WAH!" for a neutral special or something doesn't interest me at all.

D

Deleted member

I hope to god he wont include that lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
The most fitting thing for "WAH" would just be a taunt.

That said if for /some/ reason it had to have dome gimmick like Luigi's kick... have it do 1% damage and give it a wind-box. Otherwise I'd rather it be just a normal taunt and not a gimmick one.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
That has *always* bothered me about Waluigi mods, they always use that stupid wah move and it's just lazy.

SSF2 on the other hand? I love everything about it, the taunts, the specials, the spiking up air - everything fits him to a t.

D

Deleted member

Wario says "WAH!" too, but he doesn't have an attack based around it...
Nope unfortunately Wario's entire character is now about farting because Sakurai thinks some random minigame is more integral to his character than the games that actually defined him so i wouldnt put it past him to do the same for Waluigi.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
That has *always* bothered me about Waluigi mods, they always use that stupid wah move and it's just lazy.
While I find the *WAH* scream, which is an onomatopeia for crying screaming and yelling, funny/hillarious. I think a better idea would be Waluigi firing rapid punches and screaming, WAHDA WAHDA WAHDA or WATATATATATA.

Also, I'll be making a revamped updated playable Waluigi mod for Smash Ultimate in the future.

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
So that situation seems to have been resolved, apparently it was someone who was close to the user who users her account to fake her suicide and then deactivated her account. Here's what I found

TooBadWaluigiTime

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I don't know if anyone else has said this before on this thread, or if even I said it before, but whatever.

I don't want Waluigi's moveset to incorporate too many spinoffs. I'd rather his moveset incorporate his personality: That being a short-tempered cheater who's so full of himself, he believes that everyone is below him on the totem pole and that there is absolutely, 100% percent, positively, without a doubt no one who can even come close to him. I simply believe that making a moveset around that would be more enjoyable for both Sakurai and the fanbase rather than Spinoffs Galore: The Character.

And the thing is, I absolutely see why people would base a moveset around spinoffs. Waluigi's basically the king of spinoffs, and I would be lying if I said that I wouldn't main him if he used a bunch of spinoffs in his moveset. i main waluigi in every game he's in, of course i'm gonna main him. I simply feel like cramming as many spinoffs in Waluigi would only remind people of the games the character's in, not the character himself.

D

Deleted member

So that situation seems to have been resolved, apparently it was someone who was close to the user who users her account to fake her suicide and then deactivated her account. Here's what I found
Thats f****** disgusting.

Alright, I don't know if anyone else has said this before on this thread, or if even I said it before, but whatever.

I don't want Waluigi's moveset to incorporate too many spinoffs. I'd rather his moveset incorporate his personality: That being a short-tempered cheater who's so full of himself, he believes that everyone is below him on the totem pole and that there is absolutely, 100% percent, positively, without a doubt no one who can even come close to him. I simply believe that making a moveset around that would be more enjoyable for both Sakurai and the fanbase rather than Spinoffs Galore: The Character.

And the thing is, I absolutely see why people would base a moveset around spinoffs. Waluigi's basically the king of spinoffs, and I would be lying if I said that I wouldn't main him if he used a bunch of spinoffs in his moveset. i main waluigi in every game he's in, of course i'm gonna main him. I simply feel like cramming as many spinoffs in Waluigi would only remind people of the games the character's in, not the character himself.
Agreed 100%. Waluigi's moveset should be about his powers instead of sport equipments, otherwise he'd feel more like a Wii Fit character instead of a Mario character. The only sport equipment i have for his moveset is his tennis racket being a reflector.

TooBadWaluigiTime

Smash Apprentice
Agreed 100%. Waluigi's moveset should be about his powers instead of sport equipments, otherwise he'd feel more like a Wii Fit character instead of a Mario character. The only sport equipment i have for his moveset is his tennis racket being a reflector.
Oh yeah, a tennis racket is the only thing I would absolutely put in Waluigi's moveset other than something revolving around Mario Party. Tennis because that's the whole reason Waluigi came into existance, and Party because I'm bias and want RNG in my Waluigi moveset.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i've been gone for a bit, do i need to add anyone to the list

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, a tennis racket is the only thing I would absolutely put in Waluigi's moveset other than something revolving around Mario Party.
Ehh, Waluigi doesnt need a move from Mario Party. Besides his animations and his rose nothing about the series defined his character, anything from Mario Party fits the other characters just as much.

Now a Mario Party stage would be interesting, besides Warioware the game doesnt have any stages revolving minigames.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ehh, Waluigi doesnt need a move from Mario Party.
Wouldn't be bad for a reference.

Everyone's been asking for a dice block up smash since 2001 :nifty: Gimme that Judge RNG

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wouldn't be bad for a reference.

Everyone's been asking for a dice block up smash since 2001 :nifty: Gimme that Judge RNG
You missed this part bud.
Besides his animations and his rose nothing about the series defined his character, anything from Mario Party fits the other characters just as much.

Now a Mario Party stage would be interesting, besides Warioware the game doesnt have any stages revolving minigames.
A Mario Party stage would be a better reference than one move thats shoehorned in for the sake of a reference.

And besides what would a dice even do? Its only used to progress through the board.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
And besides what would a dice even do? Its only used to progress through the board.
1567098770229.png

A Dice Block would be an easy up smash, since Waluigi uses spin-off material as his origin and all. It's pretty easy, just have him punch a block and either just give it some knockback or make it RNG-based and do more damage/effects based on the number rolled.

D

Deleted member

since Waluigi uses spin-off material as his origin and all.
Besides his animations and his rose nothing about the series defined his character, anything from Mario Party fits the other characters just as much.
A Dice Block would be an easy up smash
It's pretty easy, just have him punch a block and either just give it some knockback or make it RNG-based and do more damage/effects based on the number rolled.
Its only used to progress through the board.
A Mario Party stage would be a better reference than one move thats shoehorned in for the sake of a reference.
And thats all i got to say about it cause i already said it lol. I gave my 2 cents and you gave yours. Im not gonna be bothered if you still think the dice is a good fit for him but you havent argued your case other than saying i like the dice.

TooBadWaluigiTime

Smash Apprentice
Ehh, Waluigi doesnt need a move from Mario Party. Besides his animations and his rose nothing about the series defined his character, anything from Mario Party fits the other characters just as much.

Hey, like I said, I'm bias towards Mario Party and want RNG in some way, shape, or form in Waluigi's moveset, and Mario Party is the most RNG thing we got right now. Though a Waluigi's Island stage does sound really fun!

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
I get so excited thinking about Waluigi having just a grimy moveset in Smash. I like him being gross, and a cheater, and just a bad sport in general. I think it'd be such a fun edition to the cast of (mainly) respectable characters. I want Waluigi to be someone that's such a sore winner and also such a sore loser.

Like, in his lose screen, I don't want him to clap (or at least do it begrudgingly) and on his win screen I want him to point at all the losers and laugh. He should be disrespect the character. (But also at the same time I want his moveset to be just average, after all Waluigi isn't the strongest or fastest)

Last edited:

Gazorpazorpfield

Smash Journeyman
It's hard not to support the perpetual underdog. As much as detractors like to call him a meme, his crass, goofy nature and longstanding popularity would make him a great addition, and the perfect way to round off the core Mario cast in Smash. Count me as a supporter.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
And thats all i got to say about it cause i already said it lol. I gave my 2 cents and you gave yours. Im not gonna be bothered if you still think the dice is a good fit for him but you havent argued your case other than saying i like the dice.
its perfectly fine if you dont think it'd fit. not like we can influence what happens, after all :nifty:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Not complaining, but one thing I've noticed for a long time about Mario and Luigi in contrast to their rivals Wario and Waluigi. Is that Luigi is a pseudo-clone of Mario, who was formerly a full clone and then a semi clone, whereas Wario and Waluigi have unique movesets made entirely from Scratch.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Not complaining, but one thing I've noticed for a long time about Mario and Luigi in contrast to their rivals Wario and Waluigi. Is that Luigi is a pseudo-clone of Mario, who was formerly a full clone and then a semi clone, whereas Wario and Waluigi have unique movesets made entirely from Scratch.
Well, yeah, Luigi started out as a palette swap in the Mario games too and had to separate himself gradually, whereas Wario and Waluigi had always been differentiated.

Also we're at a point in Smash where a big character like that just won't be made into a clone (see Isabelle).

Top Bottom