• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Wah-volution!: NEW Waluigi Support Thread

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
It would be out of character for Waluigi to be a semi clone of Luigi though. Also, semi clones have a similar model to the character they are based on and Waluigi and Luigi do not have similar models at all.
Actually, playable characters don't need to have similar models/sprites to be clones/semi-clones/pseudo-clones. But a character needs to have almost identical proportions to be an echo. For example, Toon Link has different proportions from Link and he is a semi-clone. So I still believe that Wario and Waluigi could still work as semi-clones/pseudo-clones of Mario and Luigi respectively. But I think Wario and Waluigi work better with their own individual movesets from scratch.

While Waluigi can't be an echo of Luigi due to his proportions nor can Wario be an echo of Mario, Dr. Luigi could be an echo of Luigi instead. And Dr. Wario, and Dr. Waluigi could be echoes of Wario and Waluigi respectively.

D

Deleted member

As said, we never saw a game that directly focuses on Wario and Waluigi as a pair unlike how Mario's relationship with Yoshi, Luigi or Bowser all have respectively been highlighted in different games. And since Waluigi is not included in the Wario main cast, I dont think you can tell that Nintendo does want to highlight the relationship between these two characters.

Again, you didn't explain which fighter would be paired with an assumed Wario character if you insist that these two cannot be paired.. Unless we get two Wario fighters in Smash 6, but that is kinda optimistic.

And since Wario is officially representing his own series in Smash bros, it is pointless to say that he must be paired with a Mario character in any future Smash game.

Like said, I don't mind to see a Wario&Waluigi get a story. And if Nintendo refuse to do that, I would rather see Waluigi get some development with another character to be his alternative partner when Wario is busy with his adventure.
Whats your point? Why do we need to see a game soley about them to solidify that theyre partners? We never saw a game were Peach and Daisy as the main characters but that didnt stop Nintendo for making Daisy her main partner.

We never saw a single game were Daisy has the exact same abilities as Peach but that didnt stop her from being an echo fighter.

We never saw Birdo in a Yoshi game but that didnt stop her from being Yoshi's partner. I could go on but the point is your reasons make no sense.

Forcing partners for the sake of being from the same franchise isnt automatically a good thing considereing the relationships Wario has with characters of his series.

And im gonna repeat this one more time, Wario is a MARIO character. Main Wario games are a line of games from a MARIO character. Wario didnt originate from his own series, he originated from a MARIO game. I dont understand why you cant wrap your head around that simple concept.

But im done arguing with you. If still believe that despite the evidence debunking your claims then this debate is going nowhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
Add me to the list. I need my Wah.
Whats your point? Why do we need to see a game soley about them to solidify that theyre partners? We never saw a game were Peach and Daisy as the main characters but that didnt stop Nintendo for making Daisy her main partner.

We never saw a single game were Daisy has the exact same abilities as Peach but that didnt stop her from being an echo fighter.

We never saw Birdo in a Yoshi game but that didnt stop her from being Yoshi's partner. I could go on but the point is your reasons make no sense.

Forcing partners for the sake of being from the same franchise isnt automatically a good thing considereing the relationships Wario has with characters of his series.

And im gonna repeat this one more time, Wario is a MARIO character. Main Wario games are a line of games from a MARIO character. Wario didnt originate from his own series, he originated from a MARIO game. I dont understand why you cant wrap your head around that simple concept.

But im done arguing with you. If still believe that despite the evidence debunking your claims then this debate is going nowhere.
While I don't deny Wario has his root within Mario games. But it is weird to say Wario's participation in his games and interactions with other characters are not important. You just say it's forcing to not put Wario and Waluigi together, so that can pretty much used to tell Nintendo that they should had inserted Waluigi in Wario games. Yet as said, you assume that a new single Wario fighter has to be paired with a different character than Wario, that is also very much forcing in my view. Even if we can see Mona or Ashley interact with probably Rosalina one day, that still requires development in the end.

Just in general while I don't mind to see more between Wario and Waluigi, I also say that characters can build multiple relationship with other main characters like how Mario did with the others. If Wario can have other companies, I don't see why not let us see Waluigi have development with other characters to make it balanced. Even more that could mean a proper development for Waluigi himself in a new story.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

While I don't deny Wario has his root within Mario games. But it is weird to say Wario's participation in his games and interactions with other characters are not important. You just say it's forcing to not put Wario and Waluigi together, so that can pretty much used to tell Nintendo that they should had inserted Waluigi in Wario games. Yet as said, you assume that a new single Wario fighter has to be paired with a different character than Wario, that is also very much forcing in my view. Even if we can see Mona or Ashley interact with probably Rosalina one day, that still requires development in the end.

Just in general while I don't mind to see more between Wario and Waluigi, I also say that characters can build multiple relationship with other main characters like how Mario did with the others. If Wario can have other companies, I don't see why not let us see Waluigi have development with other characters to make it balanced. Even more that could mean a proper development for Waluigi himself in a new story.
Why was I quoted in this post?

SkeffVEVO

Smash Apprentice
Actually, playable characters don't need to have similar models/sprites to be clones/semi-clones/pseudo-clones. But a character needs to have almost identical proportions to be an echo. For example, Toon Link has different proportions from Link and he is a semi-clone. So I still believe that Wario and Waluigi could still work as semi-clones/pseudo-clones of Mario and Luigi respectively. But I think Wario and Waluigi work better with their own individual movesets from scratch.

While Waluigi can't be an echo of Luigi due to his proportions nor can Wario be an echo of Mario, Dr. Luigi could be an echo of Luigi instead. And Dr. Wario, and Dr. Waluigi could be echoes of Wario and Waluigi respectively.
I do know about the echo fighters height and models needing to be similar, but a semi clones would still need a similar model and height to the character they are based on to make any non projectile move function properly. If they aren't the same height and/or have a similar model structure then you would need to completely readjust how the attack for the character so it would match their model and/or height. Every semi clone in Smash has been like this with the exception to Toon Link and Young Link which can easily be explained. Young Link's model is basically treated as a shrunken Adult Link model so the attacks can easily be added onto him and Toon Link was built from Young Link's Melee data.

I can kinda see where you're coming from by saying that Waluigi and Wario could be semi clones, but when you consider all the facts about the characters everything about them being a semi clone falls apart. Nothing about Wario and Waluigi's personalities and abilities leads to them being semi clones. Wario is the only one with a similar height and model to Mario so he is the only one that could be a proper semi clone but why would you do that when it wouldn't fit Wario at all, and the same thing can be said for Waluigi but he wouldn't work that well as a semi clone in the first place.

I needed this, lol.

Maybe one day, we can get Waluigi in Smash, and that day will be a beautiful day.

(And add me to the support list, plz)

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I don't really know what you were arguing about, but if you wanna get technical, Mario debuted in a Donkey Kong game so it's all a big spin-off of the Donkey Kong series.

D

Deleted member

I don't really know what you were arguing about, but if you wanna get technical, Mario debuted in a Donkey Kong game so it's all a big spin-off of the Donkey Kong series.
Good for you.

Edit: since you wanna be such a comedian by that logic Link and Samus aren't the protagonists of their franchises because they debuted in a Zelda and Metroid game.

Edit 2: and on another note im pretty sure i said i didnt wanted to continue this nonsense and i'd like to keep it that way. Tell me another joke and i'll be sure to ignore it cause i dont want to get warned for dragging on pointless conversations again.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
his origins are from mario but he has wario games, as luigi has luigi games, dk has dk games, and yoshi has yoshi games

they just all take place in the mario universe together. they are both mario characters and characters of their own independent series. it's like how ryu hayabusa is both a ninja gaiden and dead or alive character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

his origins are from mario but he has wario games, as luigi has luigi games, dk has dk games, and yoshi has yoshi games

they just all take place in the mario universe together. they are both mario characters and characters of their own independent series. it's like how ryu hayabusa is both a ninja gaiden and dead or alive character.
It isnt weird because, and i dont know how to tell you this, but Wario IS a Mario character. His series of games is him going in his own adventures, just like Donkey Kong. So my points still stands.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
My point is that he's both, not just one.

D

Deleted member

My point is that he's both, not just one.
Sure, you take issue with me saying Wario is a Mario character but not with Dorayaki Dorayaki saying Waluigi cant be Wario's partner because he didnt originate from a Wario game.

Aight man you got me.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Sure, you take issue with me saying Wario is a Mario character but not with Dorayaki Dorayaki saying Waluigi cant be Wario's partner because he didnt originate from a Wario game.

Aight man you got me.
never said that

Dorayaki Dorayaki is just being ridiculous with that one, his sole existence was to be wario's partner in tennis

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What doesn't make sense is to label Waluigi a WarioWare character. He's never been in any of the games. He's not part of the Wario Land or WarioWare series. He's a pure Super Mario character. I mean, the fact he only appears outside of Super Mario is either via game hacks or Smash itself(and maybe Robot Chicken? M.U.G.E.N. doesn't count for being a special appearance, even for the variations on characters that are akin to what Giga Bowser is, made for a specific game, but not part of their original series).

No reason to not put him next to Wario on the screen(well, depending upon how the actual design patterns go. Yoshi was in a very weird spot in 4, when it'd make more more sense to put him after the Mario characters, since it's a different series in Smash. The latest game has a far more consistent roster design, where it's purely by debut). or partner them in various Event Matches(World of Light, etc.), though. They are partners. Being from different series in Smash officially wouldn't change the importance of their history. Hell, I'd love it if Waluigi and Wario had unique victory screens against each other, as well as unique team victory screens(with of course the symbol being the Mushroom or the Mustache depending who was treated as the "better player". The lack of Bonuses sometimes makes it harder to determine, since that gave a lot of actual really cool information.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What doesn't make sense is to label Waluigi a WarioWare character. He's never been in any of the games. He's not part of the Wario Land or WarioWare series. He's a pure Super Mario character. I mean, the fact he only appears outside of Super Mario is either via game hacks or Smash itself(and maybe Robot Chicken? M.U.G.E.N. doesn't count for being a special appearance, even for the variations on characters that are akin to what Giga Bowser is, made for a specific game, but not part of their original series).

No reason to not put him next to Wario on the screen(well, depending upon how the actual design patterns go. Yoshi was in a very weird spot in 4, when it'd make more more sense to put him after the Mario characters, since it's a different series in Smash. The latest game has a far more consistent roster design, where it's purely by debut). or partner them in various Event Matches(World of Light, etc.), though. They are partners. Being from different series in Smash officially wouldn't change the importance of their history. Hell, I'd love it if Waluigi and Wario had unique victory screens against each other, as well as unique team victory screens(with of course the symbol being the Mushroom or the Mustache depending who was treated as the "better player". The lack of Bonuses sometimes makes it harder to determine, since that gave a lot of actual really cool information.
I'm still baffled on how unique victory screens don't show up for things like certain team victories.

I wanna see those goofy level-up dances from the Mario & Luigi games.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm still baffled on how unique victory screens don't show up for things like certain team victories.

I wanna see those goofy level-up dances from the Mario & Luigi games.
Yeah, that sucks too. I want to see more neat stuff like that as is. Maybe it's just something they didn't think of? I dunno.

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
I haven't been on Smash Boards in a little while, but I am definitely down to support a Waluigi thread. He's been my most wanted since Melee. Sign me up!

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
I really hope the next DLC is that Undertale guy. Not because I want him, but that might mean the Waluigi leak is true. And I really want him in.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I really hope the next DLC is that Undertale guy. Not because I want him, but that might mean the Waluigi leak is true. And I really want him in.
We'll find out later if it's true or not. I don't want Sans to be playable, but I've always wanted Waluigi since smash 4. And if Sans and Waluigi are the final newcomers, maybe Papyrus will replace Waluigi's assist trophy when Waluigi is present in the battle.

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
i'd just like remind everyone that we'll get waluigi gameplay in smash flash 2 in a few days

soon, we can see the glorious battle between waluigi and goku
That would be amazing, it's a battle between 2 highly requested playable characters, one who is a must-have and one who is a must not have.

Also, I wonder, has Waluigi been associated with sadness, anger, and/or depression, lately?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I thought of another Classic Mode route for Waluigi, its my second favorite take on it. His theme is that he fights characters associated with the color green.

1. :ultyoshi: on Yoshi's Story
2. :ultlink::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink: on Hyrule Temple
3. :ultlittlemac: on the Boxing Ring
4. :ultpalutena: on Palutena's temple
5. :ultkrool: on the Pirate Ship
6. :ultbowser: followed by Giga Bowser
Final Battle: :ultluigi: followed by Metal Luigi on FD Figure-8 Circuit

Sure the theme is the same as Bowser's but plenty of other routes themes are copied and pasted anyways. Besides it fits Waluigi perfectly. One of his main traits is his self pity and jealousy, 2 sayings about jealousy involve the color green, and Luigi is his rival.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem

I feel the main reason people like to imagine Waluigi as a Wario rep is just cause, it feels right for him, you know? it just feels like the right thing.
Kinda like how many people who want Birdetta in smash see her more as a Yoshi rep than a Mario one, despite never appearing in a Yoshi game. It's cause of her being Yoshi's girlfriend and both of them having the same kind of themeing (eggs, dinosaur, large heads, etc), just like how Waluigi and Wario are close and share a similar theme.

Yeah, technically it makes no sense to put them as yoshi or wario reps, but it does feel right.

And let's be real, Waluigi has been long overdue for a proper appearance in a Wario game, preferably as a playable/main character.
and for me personally same for Birdetta being long overdue for a Yoshi-game role.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I feel the main reason people like to imagine Waluigi as a Wario rep is just cause, it feels right for him, you know? it just feels like the right thing.
Kinda like how many people who want Birdetta in smash see her more as a Yoshi rep than a Mario one, despite never appearing in a Yoshi game. It's cause of her being Yoshi's girlfriend and both of them having the same kind of themeing (eggs, dinosaur, large heads, etc), just like how Waluigi and Wario are close and share a similar theme.

Yeah, technically it makes no sense to put them as yoshi or wario reps, but it does feel right.

And let's be real, Waluigi has been long overdue for a proper appearance in a Wario game, preferably as a playable/main character.
and for me personally same for Birdetta being long overdue for a Yoshi-game role.
I understand why Waluigi would be labeled as a Wario rep, and not a Mario rep, though technically, Wario and Waluigi are both Mario reps. Same with Yoshi and Donkey Kong. I would either have Waluigi classified as a Wario rep, or classify himself as a new series. His series symbol would be a Γ. Γ would be the symbol for Waluigi series.

Last edited:

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
I understand why Waluigi would be labeled as a Wario rep, and not a Mario rep, though technically, Wario and Waluigi are both Mario reps. Same with Yoshi and Donkey Kong. I would either have Waluigi classified as a Wario rep, or classify himself as a new series. His series symbol would be a Γ. Γ would be the symbol for Waluigi series.
Technically the later wouldn't work unless Waluigi got his own spin-off series that was disconnected enough from the mainline Mario Games.

That said, even though it's a spirit, we do technically have a case of a character that debuted in another series got classified as another that wasn't their debut game. Said character being Kamek, who should be a Yoshi rep instead of a Mario rep when it comes to spirits. That said, I'm quite sure the character of "Kamek" does not exist in Japan and he's just named "Magikoopa" which is a bit disheartening to say the least. Also of course his species debuted in Super Mario World, but him as a character did not until Yoshi's Island, and seeming as in the U.S. region the spirit is named Kamek and not Magikoopa, it is not a stand-in for the magikoopa species as a whole, it's Kamek specifically.

While of course I'm more sure this is due to Japan's "Kamek" just being called "Magikoopa" like the species... I suppose there is still grounds a character that debuted in a separate series can be classified as a rep in another one if they have strong ties to certain character(s). Which I suppose if we go by this logic and ignore the probably correct Japan view I mentioned, Waluigi could be classified as a Wario rep due to having strong ties to Wario. The only question is if they'd allow it for the character selection screen and what not, since you aren't always looking at the spirit collection to really notice or care about that stuff.

That said, I don't think it's that big of a deal in all honesty if Waluigi is classified as a Mario or Wario rep. Since let's face it, a majority of the community sees Yoshi (especially Yoshi!, Wario, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and King K Rool as Mario characters, even if people usually just say that in arguments why fire emblem should get more reps because Mario has so many.

D

Deleted member

Technically the later wouldn't work unless Waluigi got his own spin-off series that was disconnected enough from the mainline Mario Games.
Edit: my bad i read your comments again and i see that you were talking about his label in smash and not him apearing in a Wario game.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I made a moveset for Waluigi.

Neutral Attack: Punches twice and then does a back kick.

Side Tilt: Performs a kick.

Up Tilt: Launches his stand (jojo) and it does an up kick.

Down Tilt: Launches his stand (jojo) and it punches downwards.

Dash Attack: Performs a ramming dash.

Neutral Aerial: Performs a spinning kick in the midair similar to chun-li.

Forward Aerial: Launches his stand (jojo) and it does a slash.

Back Aerial: Launches his stand (jojo) and it does a flying kick.

Up Aerial: Does a kick similar to Sonic's up aerial.

Down Aerial: Performs his stomp he uses as an assist trophy.

Side Smash: Launches his stand (jojo) and it does a punch.

Up Smash: Launches his stand (jojo) and it does an uppercut.

Down Smash: Launches his stand (jojo) and it does a roundhouse kick.

Grab and Throw: TBA

Neutral Special: Wahda Wahda Wahda: Waluigi launches his stand (jojo) and it performs a flurry of rapid punches.

SIde Special: Shuriken: Waluigi throws a shuriken.

Up Special: Waluigi does a rocket jump.

Down Special: Bomb: Waluigi throws a bomb.

Final Smash: Hyper Waluigi: Waluigi transforms into a Hulk-like form and then he fires a giant lazer beam.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It was a mistake. Now how do you like my moveset?
Well as the good ol saying goes "if you dont have anything nice to say then dont say anything at all" and i got ALOT to say about this moveset of yours. So its bad to say the least.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
As I said before, Waluigi's not in a Wario game. He wouldn't fit under the WarioWare label. Or even a Wario Land label. He's only in Mario games. Now, for a CSS, putting him next to Wario is completely logical instead.

Of course, him appearing in some Wario(Land or Ware) games would be even better~

D

Deleted member

As I said before, Waluigi's not in a Wario game. He wouldn't fit under the WarioWare label. Or even a Wario Land label. He's only in Mario games. Now, for a CSS, putting him next to Wario is completely logical instead.

Of course, him appearing in some Wario(Land or Ware) games would be even better~
Those are some qol changes smash misses, being able to order the css and stages by franchises.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Those are some qol changes smash misses, being able to order the css and stages by franchises.
That too, but Yoshi was changed to an odd spot, which still fit in some way, during 4. He appears between the older Mario characters and the newer Mario characters.

Waluigi still could be thrown next to Wario even with the Mario symbol intact and while not being next to another Mario character. Liberties just need to make sense when used.

D

Deleted member

That too, but Yoshi was changed to an odd spot, which still fit in some way, during 4. He appears between the older Mario characters and the newer Mario characters.

Waluigi still could be thrown next to Wario even with the Mario symbol intact and while not being next to another Mario character. Liberties just need to make sense when used.
Some other qol changes i forgot about is being able to order the stages from favorite to least favorite, also i want to be able to order my favorite soundtracks so that i can instantly pick them instead of searching for them manually.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Some other qol changes i forgot about is being able to order the stages from favorite to least favorite, also i want to be able to order my favorite soundtracks so that i can instantly pick them instead of searching for them manually.
Yeah, honestly, there's some small things like that that would heavily improve the game.

Even without song/stage stuff, being able to order the roster would be nice. I mean, we do have Echo Stacking, which is a nice start.

Top Bottom