• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A new Sonic and SEGA All Stars Racing! (Creation Thread)

How do you think this game should play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. AiAi
2. NiGHTS
3. Beat

1. Tails
2. Eggman
3. Amy

1. Jake Paterson
2. Takenobu
3. Haruka

New Flagman:
Sega Hard Girls (Credit to someone, who came up with that Idea, because I'm resubmitting them)

Sega Hard Girls are SEGA's multimedia Mascots, who are depicted as Anime-styled Goddesses based-off SEGA Consoles like Dreamcast or Mega Drive. They appeared in Crossover with Hyperdimensional Neptunia and they have own game.

As Flagwomen, they act like Flagwomen, which they hold the flag before Start and on Finish Line. The 3 Most Marketed Girls will appear on Tracks like:
Mega Drive - Appears on Tracks based on Master System and Genesis consoles,
Saturn - Appears on Tracks based on Arcades and Saturn console,
Dreamcast - Appears on Tracks based on Dreamcast and post-Dreamcast franchises like Yakuza.

Last edited:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Job #20:
  1. Alex Kidd
  2. NiGHTS (either flying by their own like Opa-Opa since that's their thing or maybe a floating vehicle like this, except based on their Extreme Gear, Night Sky?)
  3. Ryo Hazuki
Job #21:
  1. Chaos and Tikal
  2. Blaze the Cat
  3. Doctor Eggman
Job #22:
  1. SEGA Choir
  2. Jake Paterson
  3. Shenhua Ling
Another re-submission, cause why the heck not? It's his job, after all.
Job #25: New Flagman - Flag Man (OutRun)

Yep, that was actually his real name, simply enough.

Throughout the OutRun series, this titular guy always appears at the beginning of the race, waving his checkered flag when it's starting out with a green light flashing up. In OutRun 2 and it's updates, if a player remains at the starting line for a long time, the Flag Man will perform random stuff such as a light exercise, fierce dance moves, moon-walking, breakdancing, etc. This would be easily implemented for the project as some kind of a easter egg.

For a fun fact, as YoshiandToad YoshiandToad said, he also appeared as a playable guest character/racer in 3D Power Drift, which was a Japan-exclusive game of the SEGA Ages line-up on Nintendo 3DS.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Returning veterans:
  1. AiAi
  2. Alex Kidd
  3. Beat
Sonic characters:
  1. Tails
  2. Knuckles
  3. Eggman
Announcers:
  1. Jake
  2. Haruka
  3. Shenhua
Job 25: Mary (Quartet)
Mary---Flagman-submission.png

Mary is probably the most famous of the four protagonists for the 1986 Arcade and Master System run and gun game 'Quartet'.

She has appeared in both versions alongside Edgar, with the Master System lacked the ability to properly include all four protagonists making it's name a little nonsensical.
She has also also gotten little cameos like the above 'Score Card girl' cameo in the Nintendo Switch Sega Ages line.

She comes with her own jetpack, allowing her to hover over the heads of the racers without the need for an additional platform to stand upon.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Well, hello again all! Sorry to keep you waiting, though. I sometimes feel like I kinda leave this place to die, but I hope this is enough to keep everyone's interest alive!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First up, let's have a look at who was voted in. For Job #20, our winner was AiAi, submitted by osby osby ! Second up was Alex Kidd, submitted by YoshiandToad YoshiandToad ! (I'm not going to do a third one, because we have Job #21 next.)

For Job #21, the top three voted in were Tails by Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario , Knuckles submitted by @Darkonedagger, and Dr. Eggman, submitted by Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds ! It makes sense, in my mind, for all three of these picks to get in - making this by far our most characters to get in at once, at 5!

For Job #22, we might as well add the top three again - in order, these were Jake Paterson, submitted by tonygameman tonygameman , Haruka Sawamura, submitted by @Darkonedagger, and SEGA Choir, submitted by Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Jobs #23 and #24, we can come back to those at a later date. Don't sweat it!

Job #25 had quite a lot of cool submissions though, seen below:

Madonna, by Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Flicky, by Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear
SEGA Hard Girls, originally by @Darkonedagger but resubmitted by Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Flagman, resubmitted by tonygameman tonygameman
Mary, submitted by YoshiandToad YoshiandToad

For this one, submit your top three favourites, but make sure your own submission isn't in first place. We'll be doing weighted voting for this one!

And now, onto new jobs! I hope this one goes well-

Job #26: Submit a Track from either the Monkey Ball or Alex Kidd series.
You know the drill! Feel free to go wild - after all, both of these series are pretty interesting ones to look at overall! Also, alongside this, submit three Cassettes that come with the track in question.

Job #27: Submit a new Track from the Sonic series, but associated more directly with either Tails or Knuckles!
This might seem like a weirder one, but I'd like to see what y'all can come up with! I've missed out Eggman for now because he has a ton of obvious picks, and I'd like to see Tails or Knux get some spotlight first up. As ever, please also submit three Cassettes for the track!

Less Jobs than normal, but I hope these are okay! Have fun with them all!

Anyways, I'm gonna reedit the main message and get back to y'all soon. Once again, I hope this thread is enjoyable for y'all - I wouldn't want to be boring any of you. Keep safe out there!

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
1. Flicky
2. New Flag Man
3. Madonna

Monkey Ball course: Inside a Whale

This track takes place on one of the underwater civilisations, there are a lot of wheels you drive on, those wheels have arthropods slowly walking around them - if they're in the right place, you can use the legs as ramps to get to shortcuts or drop items on their feet to allow usually static items to move.

Tracks:
Bubbly Washing Machine
Inside a Whale
Inside a Whale (Banana Mania)

Knux course: Amazing Arena

A lively (if obnoxiously so) world of colours and memphis shapes - this course would have a few disintergrating tiles, if you're ahead you may want to slow down do the tiles can disintegreate enough to plunge opponents into the depths. There is no day/night gimmick here though.

Door into Summer
Evening Star
Team Chaotix

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Alex Kidd course: The Lost Stars

Rather than go for the more popular and famous Alex Kidd in Miracle World, Alex Kidd in Shinobi World or even the controversial Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle games, I've opted for Alex Kidd: The Lost Stars, as I think it has some of the best potential for track variety. Heck, we're going to actually turn the PLOT of Alex Kidd: The Lost Stars INTO the track itself...with some liberties since we'll have to skip some of the worlds.

The starting line:

This course starts at the very top of Mount Eternal, the mountain where Alex Kidd trained to learn the art of Shellcore, the martial art that allows him to grow his fists to absurd sizes and smash blocks.
However as the countdown begins, the sage Daleda, disguised in a cloak, appears and opens a portal to the world between realms for the drivers to drive into. St. Nurari, Alex Kidd's master, appears at the side, stroking his beard as he watches the racers take off on this dangerous mission to get the stars back.

Lap 1 aka; Toy World/Machine World

Lost-Stars-gameplay-1.png

As they drive off the mountain and into the portal, the track becomes a bright and cheerful Toy World, with cheering playing cards appearing at the sides. The road appears to be made of colourful toy bricks, and has a few green bouncy block pads that the racers can bounce off of. Eventually the toys give way to a factory, with speed boost panels disguised as conveyer belts, and cheering robots on the side line.

Eventually they'll come across a floating teddy bear head aka 'Pretty Bear' on the track. When the lead racer slams into it, it opens up the portal to the next world aka lap 2!

Lap 2 aka; World of Make Believe/Giant's Body

Lost-Stars-gameplay-3.png

Entering the new portal whisks the drivers into a halloween themed world where the trees are dead and withered and zombies replace the cheerful playing cards and robots of old. Eventually after dodging the shambling skeletons on the track and floating sinister eyes watching over the race, the racers will speed towards a monsterous one eyed demon that will open it's mouth, swallowing them whole!

Fortunately, the racers aren't dead and the race will continue inside the creatures body as players race down the creatures tongue, into their throat and across their spine as it becomes the new track. Blood cells float in the middle of the air mysteriously, when the lead player comes across a floating human head and a collection of white blood cells known as 'Mr. Hoti'. Just like with Pretty Bear, the lead racer will slam into Mr. Hoti, defeating him and opening the portal to the final lap;

Lap 3 aka; Ziggurat's Shrine

Lost-Stars-gameplay-5.png

Having escaped the creature's body, the racers now find themselves in space racing atop the rings of saturn(not that one). Flamethrower obstacles now appear lighting up certain parts of the track, and bounce pads give far more airtime with less gravity affecting the racers.
Stars shoot across the purple spacey sky above and various planets can be seen in the background (plenty of opportunity here for cameos btw). Horned dragons cheer on from the sidelines.

Eventually, just like in the previous laps players will come across a 'boss' in the form of 'Ziggurat', a sentient star who grew jealous of the brightness of the stars in Planet Aries and attempted to steal them in order to devour their light and shine even brighter himself.

Unlike Pretty Bear and Mr. Hoti, Ziggurat will appear for far longer before the lead racer can bump him off, but once crashed into, he will explode sending the stars he devoured into the air like fireworks, and opening up the final portal back to Mount Eternal where the racers will reach their end (similar to Mount Wario's ending in Mario Kart 8) and wait for the other racers as the starry sky fills back up with shining constellations of various Sega icons.

Cassettes (a bit of a cop out, I'm going to use the Miracle World DX tracks since...well 8 bit music can be a little grating for some):
Gooseka Battle
Chokkina Battle
Janken Castle Battle (Sorry Parpalin, trading you in for the boss man)

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
1. Hard Girls
2. Flicky
3. Madonna

Now I don't really know much about Monkey Ball or Alex Kidd but I can give you a new Sonic track!
Cocoa Island (Tails Adventure)
1639369570348.png

Supposedly the island where Tails lived before meeting Sonic, and home to one of his two solo adventures. This track features small condensed segments featuring a few levels from Tails Adventure.
1639369677277.png

The race begins in Poloy Forest. You'll drive through a bunch of trees while avoiding some robots. Upon exiting the forest, you'll arrive at the Volcanic Tunnel.
1639369734332.png

This tunnel features a road suspended over lava, and you'll avoid bouncing lava bubbles and pillars as you drive. The Tunnel is fairly short and deposits the drivers in an underwater tube located in Lake Rocky.
1639369829682.png

You'll have to curve through the ocean, avoiding explosive mines and such. After driving beneath the waves for a while, you'll be sent back to the surface, where you'll return to the Forest.

1. Mary (She is so cool)
2. Hard Girls
3. Madonna (Bring her back)

Job 26:
Ultra Heaven (Super Monkey Ball)

Ultra Heaven is the one of Super Monkey Locations, where Dead Good Monkeys go to this Dimension. It's like Heaven for Ball Monkeys.

The Layout of Track is like Rainbow Road and Temple Trouble mixed, but you can't fall off and it has also similarities to Ultra Heaven course from Monkey Ball games.
At each every lap, the layout changes and there are Cloud roads that can act like Deadly Shortcut.

the Cassettes for Ultra Heaven:
  • Super Monkey Ball title theme
  • Ultra Heaven theme
  • Monkey Target theme

Job 27:
Angel Island Zone (Knuckles) (It was W3's Submission, but I'm gonna do for him as for of RESUBMISSION)

The Track takes place at Angel Island Zone and the track layout has shape of Master Emerald. The Angel Island Zone is actually Knuckles' Home and he and the Zone has Jungle theme.

It starts from the Beach shore part that you go straightforward and you later turn slightly left and you go the same Jungle part as in Sonic 3 and Sonic Mania and you turn right again into "Australian Wilderness" and the Hazards are Badniks, who come out of Bushes and attack you.
After Turning right again, you go into Part with Sonic 3 Miniboss (The Miniboss is cameo on fish lap, but he takes a part in 2nd and 3rd Part), then you go right again and you go into Wilderness again, but there are Mushrooms here, which they can act like Bumper for some occasions.
After being in Wilderness, you go out on Fresh beach, where you Started.

The gimmick is that after 1st Lap, the Angel Island Zone becomes on Fire and the layout changes, revealing new roads and you can be on fire if you go into Flame. On last lap, it becomes on fire, but it's more hotter and the Trees are falling down, which it makes you harder to go.

Cassettes for Angel Island Zone:
  • Angel Island Zone Act 1
  • Angel Island Zone Act 2
  • Mushroom Hill Zone Act 2

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Well, hello again to y'all! I hope these past couple of days have found you well. Without further ado, the winner of Job #25 is Flicky, submitted by Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear , and they'll be our next Flagman!

Fortunately, we got a ton of hella sweet submissions this time around! Let's take a peek:

For the Monkey Ball series, we got two submissions:
Inside a Whale, submitted by Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Ultra Heaven, submitted by Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds

For the Alex Kidd series, we got one submission, which will as a result get in by default. This is:
The Lost Stars, by YoshiandToad YoshiandToad

For the Tails-related track, we got one submission, which also gets in by default. This is:
Cocoa Island, submitted by Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear

And lastly, for the Knuckles-related track, we got two submissions, which are:
Amazing Arena, submitted by Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Angel Island Zone, submitted by Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds

Please vote for your favourite in the Monkey Ball and Knuckles submissions. Bear in mind, you can't vote for your own.

With that done, let's take a look at today's new jobs!

Job #28: Submit 5 Bonus Cassettes for Cocoa Island and The Lost Stars!
Please bear in mind, you can't submit a cassette that's already in the game. As of now, this only applies to the former - but it'll be nice to see what y'all come up with! However, I'd also like to ask that you submit 3 Cassettes that come with Cocoa Island, seems as it doesn't have any yet.

Job #29: Submit a new Stage associated with Dr. Eggman.
For this, feel free to go wild! You could do a wide variety of things with this - but be sure to be creative. A lot of previous tracks from the older games in the series... didn't really use this to their full potential... so have fun!

Well, I'm gonna edit the main message again once I've posted this thingy. I just wanna say though, thank you all for continuing to engage with this thread. I know it's only something we're all doing for fun, but it warms my heart to know I'm at the very least keeping you busy for a few minutes. Honestly, thank you - this thread would be nothing without y'all. See ya around! :DDD

Last edited:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Monkey Ball Track: Inside a Whale
Knuckles' Track: Angel Island Zone (I don't usually vote for Tankman's submissions, but it seems that this one fits him thematically)

Job #28: Bonus Cassettes for The Lost Stars
  1. Miracle World Medley (I just love that wholesome remix! We cannot miss out the theme song itself)
  2. Parplin Battle (Miracle World DX - and don't step on flowers in-front of him!)
  3. Lost Stars Medley (Toy & Monster Worlds/Machine World & Giant's Body/World of Make Believe & Ziggurat's Shrine - I know Yoshi said that 8-bit music can be grating, but hey, a track is inspired by this game; a song changes depending on a lap, much like Mario Kart and Transformed)
  4. Blackwood Forest & Cactus Desert (BMX Trial - a game is about racing, right?)
  5. Sky Castle (The Enchanted Castle - extended remix)

Last edited:
Monkey Ball Track: Inside a Whale
Knuckles Track: Amazing Arena

Job 29:
Chemical Plant Zone

The Track takes place at Chemical Plant Zone from Sonic Universe, also it has layout shape resembling Elixir Potion.

It starts from Part resembling first Segment of Chemical Plant Zone Act 1, where you go through Wave split roads that can give you boost by occasion and you turn Right with drifting sequence and you go straight avoiding blue ooze jumping over Track, if you touch it, your screen gets obscured by Substance.

After riding through Chemical Plant Zone part, you go by Aerodynamic Tube (Resembling those tubes from Chemical Plant zone) and you go inside Laboratory, where you see Substance Puddles that when you drive at them, you spin out of them.
After that, you turn left and you go on road similar to one in Ice Ice Outpost, but you're driving under tubes that spill Substance Again and later you got out from Laboratory on same road with Finish Line.
In Background of Track, there is City Landscape resembling Sonic 2, but it has Power Plants and inside Laboratory has design paralleling to Sonic Mania's Chemical Plant Zone Act 2.

After first lap, the Map becomes to flood with Purple Water and it makes harder to Drive (Unless you pick character that Flies like Opa-Opa).

Cassettes for Chemical plant:
  • Chemical Plant Zone (Sonic 2 Original)
  • Chemical Plant Zone Act 2 (Sonic Mania)
  • Eggman's Mean Bean Machine Level 1-4 Theme

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Hey all! Sorry I didn't do this last night, I planned to, forgot, remembered, and then literally passed out - but I'm okay now!

So, on the voting - our tracks are Inside a Whale, submitted by Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario and Angel Island Zone, submitted by Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds . As well as these, the individual tracks also have Cassettes, which I'll add to the top message as well!

In terms of Job #28, we didn't get any submissions for Cocoa Island, but we did get a submission for The Lost Stars: being by tonygameman tonygameman ! As such, they get in by default.

Miracle World Medley
Parplin Battle
Lost Stars Medley (Toy & Monster Worlds/Machine World & Giant's Body/World of Make Believe & Ziggurat's Shrine
Blackwood Forest & Cactus Desert
Sky Castle

For Job #29, our only submission was Chemical Plant Zone submitted by Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds , so it also gets in by default (as do the Cassettes!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, here's a new job!

Job #30: Submit 5 Bonus Cassettes for West Coast, Old Pier, Cocoa Island, Chemical Plant Zone, Inside a Whale and Angel Island Zone!

I'm leaving this as the only job for this one. There's quite a lot of tracks to fill out, plus we're moving closer to Christmas where a lot of people will be inactive, so I don't want anyone to feel forced into stuff. However, feel free to submit for more than one stage if you want to!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep safe, y'all - and please try and keep warm as it's getting colder. See y'all around!

Last edited:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Well, it should help if you weren't lamenting about it the whole time (besides, "hell" is not a right word for kids like you. That's no good!). And maybe even link music tracks from YouTube over text for cassettes.

West Coast: (speaking of, Crazy Taxi isn't in a list of currently represented series. KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 )
  1. Change the World by The Offspring
  2. Them and Us by Bad Religion
  3. Get Out by Hooks
  4. No Brakes by The Offspring (latter two tracks were used in Crazy Taxi 2)
  5. Crash by Methods of Mayhem
Old Pier:
  1. Go Straight
  2. Dreamer
  3. Under Logic
  4. Fighting in the Street
  5. The Poets II
Angel Island Zone:
  1. Unknown from M.E.
  2. Sky Sanctuary Zone
  3. Door into Summer
  4. Azure Blue World (Emerald Coast)
  5. Mystic Ruins

Last edited:
Well, it should help if you weren't lamenting about it the whole time (besides, "hell" is not a right word for kids like you. That's no good!). And maybe even link music tracks from YouTube over text for cassettes.

West Coast: (speaking of, Crazy Taxi isn't in a list of currently represented series. KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 )
  1. Change the World by The Offspring
  2. Them and Us by Bad Religion
  3. Get Out by Hooks
  4. No Brakes by The Offspring (latter two tracks were used in Crazy Taxi 2)
  5. Crash by Methods of Mayhem
Old Pier:
  1. Go Straight
  2. Dreamer
  3. Under Logic
  4. Fighting in the Street
  5. The Poets II
Angel Island Zone:
  1. Unknown from M.E.
  2. Sky Sanctuary Zone
  3. Door into Summer
  4. Azure Blue World (Emerald Coast)
  5. Mystic Ruins
Whoops. I was lamenting too much, but I wasn't threatening KneeOfJustice99 too much.
I was also pessimistic about this thread you know. I was afraid that this Thread would be forgotten, so I tried to keep it alive for some reason.

And again, I'm so totally sorry, ok?
I will figure it out why I was lamenting, since I really enjoyed this thread and then, I died for unknown reason. Then I didn't mind to much until I started to bump the thread to keep it alive, but I didn't work. I tried 4 times and then, you came.
You warned me about that Laments that I was saying on the thread over a month and you told me that I should put links over text.
(I was secretly lazy guy, because I thought that Posting links on mobile was impossible)

Next time, I could post links, since I'm always on mobile and posting links on mobile is also possible.

Last edited:
You should probably stop doing this
Okay, but this is the last time I'm bumping this thread.

You're a lucky kid - a lot of other forums/communities wouldn't take as nicely to your bumping obsession.
Yes, I'm "lucky" kid, because I did something wrong.
Well, I'm not actually lucky, because everyone hates thread-bumping and everyone, who is on this thread are gonna be mad at me.

And speaking of that, is this one forum of other forums that are you talking about?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom