• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A new quest beckons: Monster Hunter for Smash!

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
So, something that might be in the Hunter's favor

To give you the short version: A previous theory involving a discrepancy in the voice test slots correctly predicted we would get a male/female alt fighter in the first pass (Byleth) and that same discrepancy has appeared for Pass 2 as of the new update

Monster Hunter fits that role like a glove, their mii costume is STILL missing, and someone pointed this out in the comments of that video: We have three Monster Hunter amiibo coming for Rise, yet none are of the hunter themselves... which could be theoretically be being saved for the Smash series amiibo line
No, there are the same number of voice clips before Steve as after. If there had been 4 clips with 5 Characters left, I think some people might have guessed Steve.

Ornl

Smash Ace
Monster Hunter fits that role like a glove, their mii costume is STILL missing, and someone pointed this out in the comments of that video: We have three Monster Hunter amiibo coming for Rise, yet none are of the hunter themselves... which could be theoretically be being saved for the Smash series amiibo line
It's hard to judge.
On the one hand, I suspect Nintendo is purposely keeping up the wrong tracks, and I would tend to think that any new amiibo from a third-party series would be an obstacle to Smash Bros. On the other, it's Monster Hunter, the best series that could have a Sm4sh Costume upgrade and whose amiibo would be a special teaser. Monster Hunter series is ultimate at Nintendo, and Smash needs Monster Hunter. Rhatalos is no longer enough, I support.

Ornl

Smash Ace
mhs2 kid.png

Can the kid defeat MH adults?
Popularity – Monster Hunter 4 (3DS) has 8,300,000 units sold. / Monster Hunter Stories (3DS) has 310,000 units sold. According to the latest issue of Famitsu most-wanted, MH Rise has 511 votes and MH Stories 2 has 76 votes. Ultimate needs Adult Hunter for cash, but Capcom would badly need Ultimate to sell MH Stories 2. Nintendo could be agree, because MH Stories already had 6 amiibo.
Privilege: best friend for young players – MH Stories 2 could be the best representative game for young players. The 3 most valued series in Nintendo DREAM magazine were Ace Attorney (Capcom), Inazuma Eleven (Level 5) and Story of Seasons / Rune Factory (Marvelous). Today, Marvelous develop MH Stories 2 and, on the other hand, Inazuma Eleven / Yo-kai Watch and other brands that have historically enjoyed immense popularity among Japanese kids have fizzled out. Nintendo would do well to negotiate that MH Stories remains a second-party spin-off.
• Standing Out – Among the 15 third-party fighters, Ultimate has no young teenagers, half are strong adults. Stories Hunter doesn't need a multitude of alternate skins unlike the adult avatars in the series, he has a bigger identity.

Can the kid defeat Rex?
Rex is JRPG a teenager. Stories Hunter is directly comparable with Rex and therefore in competition with him.
Privilege: best Costume upgrade – Rex isn't Min Min, nothing says he will follow the same path. Some characters have been thought to be base fighters (Chrom, Incineroar, Inkling, Isabelle, King K. Rool, Ridley, Simon, with ARMS and Rex late), while others had been thought to come as DLC. 3 years have passed since the first planning, the initial objectives may have changed. Which of these two series, Xenoblade Chronicles or Monster Hunter should have a upgrade from Mii Costume to Fighter? The Rex Costume cannot be ignored. Sm4sh had the Hunter and Rhatalos Costumes, but Stories spin-off can better ignore them.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
View attachment 291523
Popularity – Monster Hunter 4 (3DS) has 8,300,000 units sold. / Monster Hunter Stories (3DS) has 310,000 units sold. According to the latest issue of Famitsu most-wanted, MH Rise has 511 votes and MH Stories 2 has 76 votes. Ultimate needs Adult Hunter for cash, but Capcom would badly need Ultimate to sell MH Stories 2. Nintendo could be agree, because MH Stories already had 6 amiibo.
Privilege: best friend for young players – MH Stories 2 could be the best representative game for young players. The 3 most valued series in Nintendo DREAM magazine were Ace Attorney (Capcom), Inazuma Eleven (Level 5) and Story of Seasons / Rune Factory (Marvelous). Today, Marvelous develop MH Stories 2 and, on the other hand, Inazuma Eleven / Yo-kai Watch and other brands that have historically enjoyed immense popularity among Japanese kids have fizzled out. Nintendo would do well to negotiate that MH Stories remains a second-party spin-off.
• Standing Out – Among the 15 third-party fighters, Ultimate has no young teenagers, half are strong adults. Stories Hunter doesn't need a multitude of alternate skins unlike the adult avatars in the series, he has a bigger identity.

Can the kid defeat Rex?
Rex is JRPG a teenager. Stories Hunter is directly comparable with Rex and therefore in competition with him.
Privilege: best Costume upgrade – Rex isn't Min Min, nothing says he will follow the same path. Some characters have been thought to be base fighters (Chrom, Incineroar, Inkling, Isabelle, King K. Rool, Ridley, Simon, with ARMS and Rex late), while others had been thought to come as DLC. 3 years have passed since the first planning, the initial objectives may have changed. Which of these two series, Xenoblade Chronicles or Monster Hunter should have a upgrade from Mii Costume to Fighter? The Rex Costume cannot be ignored. Sm4sh had the Hunter and Rhatalos Costumes, but Stories spin-off can better ignore them.
This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Clearly you have forgotten that Pokemon and it's trainer exists.

Having some games be console exclusive does not make you second party, and the idea of JRPG characters being in stiff competition is laughable when the last pass had three of them alone (plus three more if counting costumes).

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
What are you talking about ? I fail to see the link.
  • Teenagers in JRPGS
  • Commands monsters in battle
  • Charizard is basically a mini Rathalos in terms of fighting prowess

I also want to know if you considered that maybe, just maybe someone could be a smidge offended with your aggressive put-down of another character's chance, as though people can't have more than one want?

Edit: Actually, don't bother answering. I won't be seeing your posts from now on, and I don't wanna know.

Last edited:

Ornl

Smash Ace
I contend that Stories 2 Hunter and Rex seem too similar to appear in a same Fighter Pass.

Mr. MR

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 291523
I believe Capcom needs the Hunter in Smash more than a Stories rep. MHW's astronomical sales overseas proves that the series can be just as popular in the rest of the world as it is in Japan. But one game does not make a successful series. If they want to continue the trend that World set, marketing Rise is by far their best option. It's better for franchise health that the main series does way better than the spinoffs.

Why would Capcom cater to just the Japanese young players when the main Monster Hunter series is very popular with all ages in Japan including the kids? There's no point in limiting your pick to just kids when you can pull every age in with a single character.

Do we need a young teenage for a third party DLC character? If it's about catering to a younger audience, Minecraft already did that in spades. Steve's age doesn't matter to all the zoomers who love Minecraft and now play Smash Bros. because Steve got in.

Can the kid defeat Rex?
Rex is not directly comparable to Stories' Monster Rider because hes a JRPG teenager...
They are in competition because they are competing for the remaining 4 slots. And that makes them in competition with everyone else as well.

You don't have to ignore the Hunter and Rathalos Mii costumes to have a playable Hunter. You can have both the Hunter and the Mii Costumes at the same time. As long as the Mii Costumes are not released, they only help and not hinder the chances of a playable Hunter.

Last edited:

Ornl

Smash Ace
Rise Hunter – Rise use the classic Hunter games format, it's safe. But classic Hunter could have the disadvantage of being non-original/unique/different. I then asked the question if Nintendo could dare to take the opposite risk by offering another unexpected option and more distant from Sm4sh Costumes.
Costumes – No third-party character costumes have been upgraded while fighting, and no third-party newcomers have ever been seen in the Smash series. So, I think the fact that the spinoff is more distant from Sm4sh Costumes (and from the Rathalos AT design) could be seen as an advantage.
Here, Stories Hunter is a protector rather than a killer, and this more animalist vision could have new potential to offer a new moveset ideas. It sounds difficult but could be a new challenge.

Capcom – Capcom passed its goal of hitting a global target, but failed to hit the target that played Inazuma Eleven, Yo-kai Watch, Mega Man Battle Network and that plays Dragon Quest and Pokémon. Despite this fail, Capcom kept its same ambition and worked to try to achieve that goal and fill that gap. It persists in offering an alternative vision (DreamWorks Dragon touch) and finding success.

• Teenager – I'm not saying that Smash needs a teenage character. I say a kid/teenager would be original/unique/different in the overall 3rd-party representation. There are some badass adutes (half of the third-party) and there may be others, because other different "hunters" are waiting on the sideline (Dante, Doomguy, FromSoftware rep, Hayabusa, Lara Croft...). But there is no kid/teenager.

Mr. MR

Smash Apprentice
Generally I'll refer you to this post as it tackles many of the main points why I think the Hunter will be in Smash.

Rise Hunter – Rise use the classic Hunter games format, it's safe. But classic Hunter could have the disadvantage of being non-original/unique/different. I then asked the question if Nintendo could dare to take the opposite risk by offering another unexpected option and more distant from Sm4sh Costumes.
The 'classic' Monster Hunter gameplay is anything but derivative. On the other hand, Stories' gameplay is safe and unoriginal for using standard JRPG gameplay tropes. Anyone who's played Monster Hunter knows of the 14 weapon types which all play differently. A moveset that utilizes just the Charge Blade would be a fun and unique moveset that is not currently represented in the game. This can probably be said with all the weapons in Monster Hunter. Most of us would assume that the Hunter will use multiple weapons at the very least.

If you think a main series rep is safe you are right. It's a safe bet they will choose a character that represents their series best. Why would they add spin-off characters before the main series characters when the main series is far more popular? This is like adding Donkey Kong before Mario.

Costumes – No third-party character costumes have been upgraded while fighting, and no third-party newcomers have ever been seen in the Smash series. So, I think the fact that the spinoff is more distant from Sm4sh Costumes (and from the Rathalos AT design) could be seen as an advantage.
List of Mii Costumes that got upgraded to a character:
  • Chrom
  • Daisy
  • Inkling
  • Isabelle
  • King K. Rool

No third-party Mii Costumes have been upgraded to a fighter YET!
Just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it can't happen. We have already gotten 5 Mii Costume upgrades and I don't see any reason why this couldn't also happen to a third party. The fact that we have FIVE Mii Costume upgrades makes anyone with an unreleased Smash 4 Mii Costume have a better chance to become a playable fighter.

Here, Stories Hunter is a protector rather than a killer, and this more animalist vision could have new potential to offer a new moveset ideas. It sounds difficult but could be a new challenge.
Stories Monster Rider is not a Hunter so I don't see how they represent Monster HUNTER more than the MONSTER HUNTER. Also, the Monster Hunter may hunt monsters but it's usually from the perspective of bringing balance to the ecosystem.

As for the moveset, as meleebrawler meleebrawler said we already have a monster trainer in the form of the Pokémon Trainer (Pocket Monster Trainer). So the idea isn't new. And as I said before just the Charge Blade alone is already a unique and new moveset idea.

Capcom – Capcom passed its goal of hitting a global target, but failed to hit the target that played Inazuma Eleven, Yo-kai Watch, Mega Man Battle Network and that plays Dragon Quest and Pokémon. Despite this fail, Capcom kept its same ambition and worked to try to achieve that goal and fill that gap. It persists in offering an alternative vision (DreamWorks Dragon touch) and finding success.

I have no clue what targets you are talking about and the comparisons you are making. Monster Hunter World is currently Capcom's number one selling game. MHW's sales numbers are simply massive both in Japan and especially outside of it. I don't know what their target goal was but I can safely say they passed it. Also you should know that MHP3's sales are also unbelievable in Japan. Japan's population is around 120 million. That means that about 4% of the nation had MHP3 (4.9/120). Those kinda sales numbers have the ability to shape entire cultures and something that is very hard to replicate. As you can see from the graph, the Monster Hunter Portable Series (anything that starts with MHP or MHX) does much better in Japan. With MHW managing to capture the overseas markets, Monster Hunter Rise (being both a portable game and the next game after MHW and the Switch being a huge console) has the biggest sales potential by far. If Rise is able to capture Japan in a similar way that MHP3 did and is able to capture the MHW overseas market, it would be the biggest game Capcom ever made.

• Teenager – I'm not saying that Smash needs a teenage character. I say a kid/teenager would be original/unique/different in the overall 3rd-party representation. There are some badass adutes (half of the third-party) and there may be others, because other different "hunters" are waiting on the sideline (Dante, Doomguy, FromSoftware rep, Hayabusa, Lara Croft...). But there is no kid/teenager.
When it comes to originality, I prefer originality of movesets over originality of appearance and I'm pretty sure Sakurai also thinks this way.
It doesn't matter if someone else is a hunter or a ninja or anything. It didn't stop Sakurai from adding Greninja when we already had Sheik or him considering Ninjara for an ARMS rep. How many swordfighters do we have currently? Did that stop Sakurai from adding Hero or Chrom?

What matters first is if the character is fun and different to play, followed by tons of other factors, then somewhere at the very bottom of the list comes occupation, age, and appearance (unless the character is not for good boys and girls). It's almost not worth talking about appearance, occupation, or age of a character outside of personal tastes.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
If you actually played Stories, you still kill a bunch of monsters, often at people's request. The only real difference between riders and hunters is that one side believes they can all be tamed and the other, with scant few exceptions like harmless Aptonoth, does not. And most of the world agrees with the latter. The anime and possibly the sequel may be different, but even in main games, you can nonlethally handle most monsters by capturing them, or driving them away for some elder dragons.

Ornl

Smash Ace
• Gameplay – I can only evaluate Rise's gameplay from its trailer, and it strikes me as classic. It will take yet another Stories 2 video to evaluate, but in my eyes, I can't to imagine this new hero similar to the Pokemon trainer. I know that it will be possible to use greatsword, hammer, hunting horn, and that it won't be to be pacifist, I exaggerated the different nuances to account for a new MHS2 potency (ex: appeasement then taming then command), it's a maybe.
• Spin-off as a first rep – Joker ^^. But Stories 2 Hunter won't be able to be compared to Joker, there won't be time to measure his success. This is also the case with Rise Hunter alone. They could only be promotional and advertising fighters; this certainly reduces their chances.
• Costumes – I think this has been discussed for almost 2 years: Monster Hunter isn't impossible, but Chrom, Daisy, Inking, Isabelle, K. Rool aren't DLC. I said: "Some characters have been thought to be base fighters (Chrom, Incineroar, Inkling, Isabelle, King K. Rool, Ridley, Simon, with ARMS and Rex late), while others had been thought to come as DLC".
• Capcom – What you share about Capcom doesn't say the opposite of what I expressed. If I misspoke, I'm sorry to have wasted your time and you will find the web article that appealed to me.
• Teenager – I think it's important for teenagers (12+) to be able to play with any teenage character if it's possible; I wish welcome to anyone.

Mr. MR

Smash Apprentice
If you actually played Stories, you still kill a bunch of monsters, often at people's request. The only real difference between riders and hunters is that one side believes they can all be tamed and the other, with scant few exceptions like harmless Aptonoth, does not. And most of the world agrees with the latter. The anime and possibly the sequel may be different, but even in main games, you can nonlethally handle most monsters by capturing them, or driving them away for some elder dragons.
Yeah, I figured they also killed them. Good to know the details.

• Gameplay – I can only evaluate Rise's gameplay from its trailer, and it strikes me as classic. It will take yet another Stories 2 video to evaluate, but in my eyes, I can't to imagine this new hero similar to the Pokemon trainer. I know that it will be possible to use greatsword, hammer, hunting horn, and that it won't be to be pacifist, I exaggerated the different nuances to account for a new MHS2 potency (ex: appeasement then taming then command), it's a maybe.
If swinging a giant spinning axe head on a stick is classic I want more classic.

• Spin-off as a first rep – Joker ^^. But Stories 2 Hunter won't be able to be compared to Joker, there won't be time to measure his success. This is also the case with Rise Hunter alone. They could only be promotional and advertising fighters; this certainly reduces their chances.
Persona is different because it's a spinoff that's way more popular than its main series. Monster Hunter is on the cusp of becoming Capcom's flagship franchise so the Joker comparison doesn't work. If MH Stories sold as well as World you would have a case. But that is not the case.
Capcom still needs to promote the main series until the franchise itself is popular in the West.

• Costumes – I think this has been discussed for almost 2 years: Monster Hunter isn't impossible, but Chrom, Daisy, Inking, Isabelle, K. Rool aren't DLC. I said: "Some characters have been thought to be base fighters (Chrom, Incineroar, Inkling, Isabelle, King K. Rool, Ridley, Simon, with ARMS and Rex late), while others had been thought to come as DLC".
I don't see the difference TBH and I already suspect that a Monster Hunter fighter was planned before Smash Ult's release. DLC or not, having a Mii Costume in Smash 4 only helps prospects for a playable fighter until that Mii Costume is released in Ultimate.

• Capcom – What you share about Capcom doesn't say the opposite of what I expressed. If I misspoke, I'm sorry to have wasted your time and you will find the web article that appealed to me.
All of what I laid out supports the fact that Monster Hunter's main series is where the focus is. Getting a character into Smash is the ultimate form of marketing. If there's a chance to replicate World's sales, they will put in considerable effort to do it. The wise choice would be to put the Hunter in Smash and not the Rider. Monster Hunter Stories is small potatoes compared to the main series and Capcom as a whole.

• Teenager – I think it's important for teenagers (12+) to be able to play with any teenage character if it's possible; I wish welcome to anyone.
One of the biggest marketing mysteries is what things are cool and hip to the younger audience. You may think that teenagers want teenage characters but that is not necessarily what they want. It's difficult to pin down what is cool because it changes quickly. Very few things stay in vogue and the things that do survive tend to be the things you want to target with. Minecraft is the best example of this. If you want to know what teenagers want, you need to ask them and not assume you know what they want. And even then it's not very clear because very few people know exactly what they themselves want. Instead of thinking nebulously about what types of characters people should want, focus on the characters that people do want and ask for.

You should know that this is a support thread for the Monster Hunter and not for a Monster Hunter Stories Rep (at least what I'm aware of). I indulged this conversation because I was curious but we cannot drive this conversation much further in this direction. And I'm generally done with this conversation anyway because it's getting too much into the weeds and small details and points I already covered.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Riders also don't tame live monsters. They steal their eggs and raise the monsters from birth. They're not like Pokemon where they all secretly want to be trained by humans, and having the Rathalos as a boss and assist does enough to make the distinction clear from the playable Pokemon.

Last edited:

Ornl

Smash Ace
For the first Fighter Pass, it turned out that "new to the series" ruled out all Costumes. This time it could be different. Or not. I still think Monster Hunter is advantaged than Lloyd and Geno, I see he as an ultimate concretization, but I can't ignore that he should have followed exactly the same path with upgrades of Chrom, Daisy, Inking, Isabelle, and K. Rool, and the coming of Rathalos AT.

Stories is small potatoes but Capcom insists. His project is to impose a teenager (from a worked game) to children/teenager. The quality of the characters (with solar/lunar duality of two love interests), the story, the feeling of freedom, any Darksasuke touch... are what could interest a teenage target. But I think it's especially marketing that has an important part. Promotions by Nintendo help make series popular. For example :
– Nintendo DREAM has done a lot of promotion for Rune Factory (Marvelous too) and the result is that readers keep waiting for all Rune Factory. The end of November will help find out which of the two new MH young readers would prefer. It could be a first thermometer.
– Fire Emblem became popular thanks to Melee.
If Ultimate puts Stories 2 Rider in Smash, then that character would be elevated to Ultimate Rank; this rise should automatically make him popular. But that would be a very specific strategy.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I can't tell if the English is just bad or someone has taken one too many punches to the head from Rajang. There is no romance subplot of any kind in Stories.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Sup hunters.

Dropped by this thread to say that I think we're getting Monster Hunter as DLC, with it being one of Capcom's highest selling franchises and it having multiple different crossovers with Nintendo as is, it just feels so likely. The Rathalos armor is missing along with the standard hunter costume so it does raise a few questions so to speak.

I think it'd be neat, having many different weapons at your disposal and all. Kinda like a walking arsenal.

Anyway, good luck and all.

Ornl

Smash Ace
Did you sea that Famitsū congratulates Monster Hunter?
Number of series appearances in ascending order:*
Final Fantasy: 17
Mario: 15
Dragon Quest: 12
Pokémon, SMT/Persona: 9
Monster Hunter, TLOZ: 6
Kirby, Metal Gear, Resident Evil, Sakura Wars: 5
Number of series mentions by Sakurai on his past columns since 2016, in ascending order:*
Kirby:121
Final Fantasy: 77
Dragon Quest: 71
Kid Icarus: 64
Metal Gear: 46
Monster Hunter: 42
TLOZ: 41
Mario: 40
Pokémon: 34
Street Fighter: 32
Gradius: 30
Mother: 29

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
Been a while since I've dropped by :)

To bring about a new subject, what stage will Monster Hunter come with and why will it be Castle Schrade?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Been a while since I've dropped by :)

To bring about a new subject, what stage will Monster Hunter come with and why will it be Castle Schrade?
That doesn't really reflect Monster Hunter as a whole, even if it is recurring. Fatalism is supposed to be an outlier, more mystic than science-based.

If they don't promote Rise, they will most likely use an arena or the Tower.

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
That doesn't really reflect Monster Hunter as a whole, even if it is recurring. Fatalism is supposed to be an outlier, more mystic than science-based.

If they don't promote Rise, they will most likely use an arena or the Tower.
Whatever stage they decide to go with, I feel it would be a huge wasted opportunity if they did not make it one with an accompanying stage boss ala Metal Face and Yellow Devil. As for what monster, there are many possibilities of course, depending on what direction they decide to take when representing the series, but I personally would go with something that:

1. Doesn't represent any particular generation, and thus could represent the series as a whole.
2. Is heavily associated with the stage chosen.
3. Is recurring
4. Has that feeling of "ultimateness" that smash is now so well known for.

As such, I personally feel Fatalis fits the bill perfectly, which would make Castle Schrade the locale of choice. But again, the developers could take it in any number of directions lol, with or without stage bosses.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Whatever stage they decide to go with, I feel it would be a huge wasted opportunity if they did not make it one with an accompanying stage boss ala Metal Face and Yellow Devil. As for what monster, there are many possibilities of course, depending on what direction they decide to take when representing the series, but I personally would go with something that:

1. Doesn't represent any particular generation, and thus could represent the series as a whole.
2. Is heavily associated with the stage chosen.
3. Is recurring
4. Has that feeling of "ultimateness" that smash is now so well known for.

As such, I personally feel Fatalis fits the bill perfectly, which would make Castle Schrade the locale of choice. But again, the developers could take it in any number of directions lol, with or without stage bosses.
Why pick a location that only allows the final boss many people won't make it to (and until the 15th anniversary, forbidden to ever be officially discussed or revealed?), when you can have an arena that allows several flagships without needing to explain them?

The DLC stages we've gotten so far aren't really made with "climax" in mind either.

Last edited:

Mr. MR

Smash Apprentice
If we do get the Hunter, I bet it will be a location from Rise. Probably one we haven't seen yet

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I don't know man, Khezu in MHR is not the reveal I was expecting today!
What I wasn't expecting was all the 3rd gen love. A Flooded Forest where the temple is no longer a mere background element along with Wroggis, Baggis and Royal Ludroth.

If you believe leaks, apparently Sandy Plains is also coming back

... I wonder if they have something special planned for the Jaggis?

zumaddy

Smash Ace
I am soooo happy Flooded Forest is coming back with a redesign, it had a great atmosphere but was awkward to fight in. The Rise Village looks like a really great Hub as well.

Rikarte

Smash Ace
I am soooo happy Flooded Forest is coming back with a redesign, it had a great atmosphere but was awkward to fight in. The Rise Village looks like a really great Hub as well.
Always had a soft-spot for the Flooded Forest so I'm absolutely stoked about this remaster. Seeing the old maps get brought back as one cohesive area is something I was always curios about but never thought they'd actually do it. Please more of this!

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Seeing Pukei-Pukei coming back is nice. Hopefully it'll actually get some unique weapon designs this time. Really like the aesthetic of Aknosom's gear too.

Also the Flooded Forest map coming back pretty much confirms the recent leaks on Rise.
Which also said that the Sandy Plains map is also getting remade too.

Last edited:

zumaddy

Smash Ace
While I feel pretty positive overall about MH's chances, we can learn from Geno today that costumes can deconfirm as late in the game as now. Here's hoping those MH costumes stay far far away for the next 3 reveals (the only alternative I will accept is them coming with Phoenix Wright as a character)

Rikarte

Smash Ace
I know we're everything but safe just because the costumes are still MIA but I'll definitely have to raise an eyebrow if they don't return with the next character as they will most likely be shown off around MHR's release.
It's also very possible that we'll just end up getting a promotional spirit event like Trials of Mana with the Mii Outfits showing up later.

Ornl

Smash Ace
I know there are no rules, but Hunter would be:
• the first DLC upgrade from sm4sh,
• the first new series which has had amiibo before.
Mini Min has already broken the rule that Assist Trophies couldn't evolve into DLC with another rep.

I don't think Capcom can have a new rep a other than Monster Hunter. I mean if Monter Hunter doesn't happen, then Capcom won't have another rep. Rise is a temporary exclusive, Nintendo would have spent $ 6 million to have it, which would prove how Monster Hunter is important to Nintendo's strategy.*
Devil May Cry – With already 3 third-party Gothic-style DLC already (Bayonetta, Joker, Sephiroth), I think Smash will provide more diversity. The designer Hideki Kamiya (Devil May Cry, Resident Evil, Viewtiful Joe) is represented by Bayonetta ; she already has a "Capcom touch". I know Devil May Cry is more ultimate than Bayonetta, but Monster Hunter is different and really has a larger customer base.
Resident Evil – Its problem is that it isn't possible to translate the action-survival horror genre for Smash; I think there isn't a good fit for adapting Resident Evil, so the only reason Resident Evil would happen would be for the collection, but Smash isn't a simple collector's museum. If I discovered a good proposal for a Single Fighter Ability
°, then I would change my mind.
Others – Amaterasu, Arthur and Phoenix Wright aren't from great video game phenomena. Ace Attorney and Ghosts' n Goblins appear in Project X Zone and Taiko no Tatsujin, but I don't think they are planned to the most ultimate crossover.

Chaosmaster8753

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaoticZelos3578
3DS FC
2750-1187-7177
If Monster Hunter ends up being playable as a cross promotion for Rise, would the Capcom hackers have found out about it by now?

Top Bottom