• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A NEW Marth tech vs Spacies ^_^

LoudJohn

Smash Rookie
Do you hate getting dash attacked by a spacy and having them get to close to grab or them going through your shield? Are you tired of Dair'ing out of shield to punish them? Are you tired of feeling vulnerable and ready to combo and possibly finish them off?

I recently have been getting more and more upset at spacies dash attacking my shield! All I can do is roll or Dair out of shield!..... or is it. I had an idea that I started to implement. U smash out of shield! It catches spacies off guard so much and there is so much out of it!

This is very VERY crude, I have not perfected it just started and its been doing great. This works against Fox, Falco, Falcon and Sheik really well. Please try this out and give me some feed back. Maybe some more options.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I just light shield. The dash attack pushes you along as they move forward and bam, grab.

EDIT: Just in general, I try not to full shield (like on L-cancels and such). I think I get more shield stun that way, but I don't miss techs.

Ndot

Smash Journeyman
I use usmash out of shield sometimes, its decent. Sometimes you might get a jab reset at lower percents to regrab, or maybe just fsmash. Maybe utilt after they fall, depends where they are though.

DJMirror

Smash Master
i dont see how this is a new tech for marth. even if it is, wavedashing out of shield is amazing and a better option

Rappster

Smash Ace
To Everyone on the melee forums of smashboards

melee is old. it's been played for tens of millions of hours. Thats billions of different button presses. the odds that something you found is actually new are ridiculously low.

so you've done something you've never seen before. please do not make a new thread about it. Ask people who know what they're doing if your "new" technique is actually new.

that's why there're FAQ threads.

/rant

sorry, had to get that out of my system

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
That's a depressing attitude to take =P

New things are still being discovered... um like...

Well I'll get back to you.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i discovered shinegrab on my own in 07, then just didn't do it cuz i was stupid and noob

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Shine grab and shine upsmash are being implemented more than before afaik. It took years for people to figure out that wavedashing was good afterall :p

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Dashizwiz used to shine grab a lot. Too bad he plays Falco and doesn't get anything out of it =P

I think Zhu shine grabs a bit. Haven't seen any Foxes do it, really.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i was ******* around last night, trying new things out and doing stupid things to see if they worked. I remembered this thread and tried usmash oos. Its SO bad. dsmash as a kill move is about 5x better than usmash as an oos option.

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
I'm actually thinking of doing this. I like tech-chasing.
Would give me a reason to learn upsmash out of shield.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
seriously, its bad. you're not getting 13 frames at once where someone is standing in range on your shield and not hitting you.

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
...wait, guys, I was kidding.
and while you were kidding you found something new.
ZOMG!
Lol up smash tech chases, wtf?

This guy probably doesnt know what wavedashing and l-canceling are considering he just joined to tell us about up smash OoS, and said "roll" and "dair" instead of wavedash or jump.
If hes looking for a brawl marth technique then hes right on spot, U-smash OoS works well,
but this is a real game, and there is very little we dont know about top-tier characters after playing it to death for 8 years.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
(sigh) your all missing the point. This won't set up for a tech chase, more importantly it sets up for an f-smash. Why? Cause no ones going to tech this when they first see it. Free f-smash = free edge guard = chance to kill spacey. This is a gimmick and its no different from u-throw -> d-throw shannanegins. It's meant to catch someone off guard once or twice and make them pay for their mistake.

Top Bottom