• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A new Luigi thing I found

Maxer203

Smash Rookie
So I was goofing around as Luigi on Battle Field when I try to double jump wave land onto the top platform when suddenly, 25% of the way through the double jump Luigi instantly stands on the platform, I tested it for a bit and discovered that it was a little strict on the timing. I haven't tried attacking or shielding instantly with this or if it works on other stages, please tell me if some one already discovered this and what we should call it if it hasn't been found before!

Maxer203

Smash Rookie
So I was goofing around as Luigi on Battle Field when I try to double jump wave land onto the top platform when suddenly, 25% of the way through the double jump Luigi instantly stands on the platform, I tested it for a bit and discovered that it was a little strict on the timing. I haven't tried attacking or shielding instantly with this or if it works on other stages, please tell me if some one already discovered this and what we should call it if it hasn't been found before!
Also quick note, I haven't tried to find what is causing the glitch,

Maxer203

Smash Rookie
Also quick note, I haven't tried to find what is causing the glitch,
Yet another note, there are 2 versons, one luigi instantly stands, and one where he spins around like an idiot for half a second then stands correctly,

Maxer203

Smash Rookie
Pretty sure you're just talking about a no impact land
Oh, thanks!
I had no idea it exhisted so thats why I jumped to conclusions, i have never seen it used in tournaments so thats why i didnt know. and btw HAPPY NEW YEAR

Thomdore

Smash Cadet
I like to gimmick people with this. But you can also do it out of shielddrop. Just think of the possibilities.

- Intant upair->dsmash is true unless they CC = Combostarter or just straight 25-30%

- Ledgecancel bair/fair you can bait with the first ariel, and attack again.

- Nair is good combostarter. Maybe you can go straight into PC nair if he's @ 0% to continiue the pressure or something else.

- Drop->NIL grab. Also really good option.

Make Luigi scary on platforms ^^

Top Bottom