• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Fate: The New FE14 Protagonist Corrin for DLC! (Go all out in Voting!)

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
FE14 Protagonists for Smash DLC!!!
With the recently announced Fire Emblem game, a question comes upon us whether or not Sakurai or Intelligent Systems will advertise the game with it's newest protagonists. What we know so far is that the your character (the avatar) is now the main character for FE14.

With moveset potential in mind, so far they seem to be able to turn into dragons, which could be a potential plus for Corrin's inclusion, though the execution could end up being awkward. Perhaps they'll pick someone with a more unique type of moveset potential instead, like the mysterious dancer in Fire Emblem: If :
Her role is currently unknown, but she likely looks an important character tied to If's story.

What do you think, will a new character from the FE:14 game happen, or will it be simply tossed aside?

Hoshido
Support Clan:
-BluePikmin11
-Cliffjumper
-RaenUE
-slambros

Nohr
Support Clan:
-Azure Warrior
-Altais
-Wintropy
-Erotic and Heretic
-Kamui Nohr
-Makaronileo
-Pega-pony princess
-Zionaze
-FreddyOnDrugs
-bksbestbwoy
-AwesomeAussie27
-Izuki C4
-Alph Aran

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I too have been thinking about Kamui and his friends. Same on the characters from SMTXFE.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Yes! I was tempted to start my own thread for this, too good to pass up on. :3

I think it's a bit premature to support them right now, though, and least as "FE14 protagonists". My rationale is that Kamui seems like a very interesting character with a totally unprecedented fighting style (sword and Dragonstone? Aw yis~ <3); Dancina, ehh, I'll have to defer judgement 'til I see her in the game itself.

If Kamui is indeed as interesting as they promise to be, I'll definitely support them in Smash. Manaketes are always great, Manaketes with swords even moreso. >w<

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Too soon? The games will be released in the West in 2016.

That said, I love the fact that they can transform into Dragons and are barefoot for whatever reason.

And they should add a Camilla trophy and then remove it later in development. :troll:

:231:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

That said, I love the fact that they can transform into Dragons and are barefoot for whatever reason.

And they should add a Camilla trophy and then remove it later in development.:troll:

:231:

In simpler terms, we all saw what you did there Fal.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
and are barefoot for whatever reason.
I thought the reason was because Kamui transforms into an odd dragon creature that has hooves for feet. Panne and Yarne don't wear shoes because of their rabbit feet.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Premature insofar as we don't know much about them as characters yet. We've at least seen a decent amount of gameplay of Inkling and know what to expect from them; I'm just hesitant to officially support a "rep" for the sake of it being a "rep".

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Yes! I was tempted to start my own thread for this, too good to pass up on. :3

I think it's a bit premature to support them right now, though, and least as "FE14 protagonists". My rationale is that Kamui seems like a very interesting character with a totally unprecedented fighting style (sword and Dragonstone? Aw yis~ <3); Dancina, ehh, I'll have to defer judgement 'til I see her in the game itself.

If Kamui is indeed as interesting as they promise to be, I'll definitely support them in Smash. Manaketes are always great, Manaketes with swords even moreso. >w<
Manaketes would be a nice addition to Smash, being a transforming dragon and all.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Any fire emblem character is welcome to Smash in my opinion.

But putting bias aside, I think Super Smash Bros will open its doors for the new fire emblem game's protagonists someday, whether it's for this game as DLC or next title.

I support this cause with all my heart.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I can see Kamui being added in the next installment.

Not as Sm4sh DLC though. It's quite early.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I for one support this idea very much.

As long as FeMC is default that is. A can be sword stuff and some martial arts, B can be Dragon related.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I'm not sure on this one honestly.

If DLC continues well into late 2016 I can see it working. I know people are vying for the Inklings already despite their game not being out yet, but this seems way too soon...at least for the moment.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
The ballot closes in September I think. I guess they are going to have the suggestions on the desk all the time and go on with a few years of DLC. It's not like they can do characters in short time, Mewtwo took a lot of time to make.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
The ballot closes in September I think. I guess they are going to have the suggestions on the desk all the time and go on with a few years of DLC. It's not like they can do characters in short time, Mewtwo took a lot of time to make.
October.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Dear god... we know nothing about this character..
- Born in the realm of Hoshido, raised by the kingdom of Nohr
- The prince(ss) of the realm, must make a choice between family and loyalty
- Wields a sword in addition to a Dragonstone, unprecedented in the Fire Emblem series
- Transforms into a deer-like dragon through use of the Dragonstone

Yep. This character's a total blank. No reason at all to support 'em. How foolish of me, amirite~?

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I hate characters being added that dont matter in this game, we have enough already.... This is why I cant take certain fanbases seriously, they want whats new not whats important to a franchise... :facepalm:
Here's a suggestion:

Stop telling other fanbases what they can and can't do.

You are not the final arbiter of what is "important" to a series, and what is viable for fan support.

Know why I support Kamui? 'Cos they're a friggin' Dragon Lord. That's never been done in the series before. The potential applications of such a moveset is staggering, and I'm already salivating at the thought of how inspired such a playstyle could be in Smash.

Prior to the most recent trailer, I'd have conceded that we know nothing about them, and are supporting based purely on appearance and because they're the new hero.

Now, though, I'm totally on board with this idea. If you don't like it, you know where the door is, sweetheart~

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
- Born in the realm of Hoshido, raised by the kingdom of Nohr
- The prince(ss) of the realm, must make a choice between family and loyalty
- Wields a sword in addition to a Dragonstone, unprecedented in the Fire Emblem series
- Transforms into a deer-like dragon through use of the Dragonstone

Yep. This character's a total blank. No reason at all to support 'em. How foolish of me, amirite~?
Here's a suggestion:

You are not the final arbiter of what is "important" to a series, and what is viable for fan support.

Know why I support Kamui? 'Cos they're a friggin' Dragon Lord. That's never been done in the series before. The potential applications of such a moveset is staggering, and I'm already salivating at the thought of how inspired such a playstyle could be in Smash.

Prior to the most recent trailer, I'd have conceded that we know nothing about them, and are supporting based purely on appearance and because they're the new hero.

Now, though, I'm totally on board with this idea. If you don't like it, you know where the door is, sweetheart~

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Here's a suggestion:

Alright.. Im just tired of anime human X with a sword. Or random X new pokemon.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Alright.. Im just tired of anime human X with a sword. Or random X new pokemon.
Focusing on a small percentile of a roster with over 50 characters is a poor way of perceiving the game.

Instead of focusing on their physical attributes or the series they originated in, why not appreciate the character for who they are and what they can do?

Shog

Smash Ace
Sorry, but the characters are weird as hell, for example why does the female have random cuts in her thigh area, two left feet and poses like that? Is that some kind of fanservice bs you are trying to pull off?

Also Fire Emblem has already a lot of reprensentation. Why should Nintendo waste there time for a DLC which doesn't get bought a lot anyways?

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Focusing on a small percentile of a roster with over 50 characters is a poor way of perceiving the game.

Instead of focusing on their physical attributes or the series they originated in, why not appreciate the character for who they are and what they can do?
It's natural for be to want only the best of the best for smash from Nintendo, honestly anybody can be given a unique Moveset with enough creativity.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
It's natural for be to want only the best of the best for smash from Nintendo, honestly anybody can be given a unique Moveset with enough creativity.
Again: you are not the final arbiter as to what is "best" for Smash.

That your will is somehow superior to the will of an entire fanbase is an extremely arrogant and misguided notion.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Again: you are not the final arbiter as to what is "best" for Smash.

That your will is somehow superior to the will of an entire fanbase is an extremely arrogant and misguided notion.
No but I feel if I were in the position 90% of people would be happy. I just think characters should be established before throwing them into smash but that's never been the case since 64 so it's very possible that this character could make it. It just drives me insane because it's random.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
No but I feel if I were in the position 90% of people would be happy. I just think characters should be established before throwing them into smash but that's never been the case since 64 so it's very possible that this character could make it. It just drives me insane because it's random.
Please stop.

You don't know that "90% of people would be happy". You are producing an arbitrary and massively exaggerated statistic to demonstrate that your preferences are somehow indicative of a superior moral paradigm.

It's not "random", either. People support characters for various reasons: they're fans of the series, they think the character would be fun to play as, they want to help out other fans and, shock and awe, THEY LIKE THE CHARACTER. Every character in Smash is there for a reason. They may not be good reasons or even logical reasons, but they're reasons. Nothing in the roster is random. Things happen for a reason, and whether you're willing to admit that or not, that's the way it's always been.

Now to clarify, I'm not telling you to go away or stop telling us what you think. I know I, for one, would love to hear good, solid reasons as to why we shouldn't support Kamui or why they're a waste of resources.

That is not what I'm hearing, though. All I'm hearing is the usual retort of "they're too new", which I don't believe is a sufficient vindication of your position. Please offer cogent rationale to support your point if you're going to come in here and tell us why we're wrong.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Please stop.

You don't know that "90% of people would be happy". You are producing an arbitrary and massively exaggerated statistic to demonstrate that your preferences are somehow indicative of a superior moral paradigm.

It's not "random", either. People support characters for various reasons: they're fans of the series, they think the character would be fun to play as, they want to help out other fans and, shock and awe, THEY LIKE THE CHARACTER. Every character in Smash is there for a reason. They may not be good reasons or even logical reasons, but they're reasons. Nothing in the roster is random. Things happen for a reason, and whether you're willing to admit that or not, that's the way it's always been.

Now to clarify, I'm not telling you to go away or stop telling us what you think. I know I, for one, would love to hear good, solid reasons as to why we shouldn't support Kamui or why they're a waste of resources.

That is not what I'm hearing, though. All I'm hearing is the usual retort of "they're too new", which I don't believe is a sufficient vindication of your position. Please offer cogent rationale to support your point if you're going to come in here and tell us why we're wrong.
If I were in charge I would to include only Nintendo all stars, history pieces and extremely popular characters. New characters usually end up being fads of random popularity, it's why I don't take their fandom seriously because it's not established or earned, you guys have literally never played this game and you want it's main character in smash.

I don't like random characters in a game that was originally supposed to be about nintendos greats duking it out. Of course now we have a ton of random characters so it doesn't matter really.

It's like saying you want something because it's new or trendy and not because it's actually good.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
If I were in charge I would to include only Nintendo all stars, history pieces and extremely popular characters. New characters usually end up being fads of random popularity, it's why I don't take their fandom seriously because it's not established or earned, you guys have literally never played this game and you want it's main character in smash.

I don't like random characters in a game that was originally supposed to be about nintendos greats duking it out. Of course now we have a ton of random characters so it doesn't matter really.
I read the first two lines and realised there's no point arguing with you.

That is a terrible and unmitigatedly biased criticism if I ever heard it.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I'd be up for supporting Kamui as well. He/She will be an interesting candidate to have.

I'd also be happy to support Ryoma and the other guy from Nohr if I can remember his name.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I want important things in a game about important Nintendo things that's all.
Kamui's the main character of one of Nintendo's dark horse series.

A series that has a massive and extremely devoted fanbase that ended up salvaging said series from the brink of extinction.

If Fire Emblem is an unimportant as you make it out to be, Nintendo would have axed it after Awakening rather than doubling up their efforts to make FE14 the best game yet.

That said, I think a roster with nothing but big names and popular choices would be absolutely awful, so what do I know?

I'd be up for supporting Kamui as well. He/She will be an interesting candidate to have.

I'd also be happy to support Ryoma and the other guy from Nohr if I can remember his name.
Marx?

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I'm pretty certain we will learn more about FE14 within this year (Isn't it coming out in Japan first?) and we will learn and know a lot more about the story and its characters especially Kamui.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Kamui's the main character of one of Nintendo's dark horse series.

A series that has a massive and extremely devoted fanbase that ended up salvaging said series from the brink of extinction.

If Fire Emblem is an unimportant as you make it out to be, Nintendo would have axed it after Awakening rather than doubling up their efforts to make FE14 the best game yet.

That said, I think a roster with nothing but big names and popular choices would be absolutely awful, so what do I know?

Marx?
I'm not saying FE isn't important I'm saying we don't know if this new protagonist will be important or not to the series, we also don't know if his popularity will be long staying or just a fad for being new (like chrom is probably destined to be.)

Top Bottom