• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Fate: The New FE14 Protagonist Corrin for DLC! (Go all out in Voting!)

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
...You do realize there is more to swordplay than just swinging it around right? Anybody in Smash could have a unique movement granted Sakurai and his team put work into it. It makes no sense for the Kamuis to be alternatives for Lucina and Marth when they could be their own character. Have you seen Kamui's gameplay in the Nintendo directs saw far? It's pretty clear that their swordplay is different from Marth and Lucina so I have no idea where your assumption of being "simple sword users" comes from? Their stance is even different.

In fact, I can see Kamui almost like an aerial fighter or a middle ground between Marth and Ike.
Before Lucina and Robin were revealed, that same argument was made about Chrom. Even if they gave Chrom a whole different moveset, in the end he would just be another generic biped swordsmen, which I personally think we have enough of as is. [Shrugs] But that's just mine opinion.

[Shrugs] At any rate, now that I've remembered that Kamui is a Manakete, I can definitely see how he/she can be unique. Kamui's playstyle could function similarly to the Laguz in Ike's games, in that you could transform into a powerful beast whenever you wanted, but there would be a transformation gauge that would eventually run out. Said gauge could slowly refill whilst Kamui is in humanoid form.

KujoQueen

Smash Apprentice
Before Lucina and Robin were revealed, that same argument was made about Chrom. Even if they gave Chrom a whole different moveset, in the end he would just be another generic biped swordsmen, which I personally think we have enough of as is. [Shrugs] But that's just mine opinion.

[Shrugs] At any rate, now that I've remembered that Kamui is a Manakete, I can definitely see how he/she can be unique. Kamui's playstyle could function similarly to the Laguz in Ike's games, in that you could transform into a powerful beast whenever you wanted, but there would be a transformation gauge that would eventually run out. Said gauge could slowly refill whilst Kamui is in humanoid form.
Like I said before, Kamui swordplay is miles different from what you seen from Marth, Lucina and Ike. It's really noticeable.:p

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I saw @ Kamui Nohr Kamui Nohr in a topic once, maybe he wants to support the character. He made the right choice for his name too since the Nohr side is the best side in Fire Emblem If. :p

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
90% of people are going to choose Nohr for Camilla. :troll: That practically became a meme soon after the direct.

:231:

I had to look up who camilla is. . .
ive heard more about the "onii chan" thing than her. Heck first time ive seen anything on her.

Nohr for life. Family is more than blood!

Kamui Nohr

Smash Journeyman
Too soon? The games will be released in the West in 2016.

That said, I love the fact that they can transform into Dragons and are barefoot for whatever reason.

And they should add a Camilla trophy and then remove it later in development. :troll:

NOOOOO!! I don't want to go through this again!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
90% of people are going to choose Nohr for Camilla. :troll: That practically became a meme soon after the direct.

Plus there's the fact that the villains/anti-heroes are interesting in terms of their motives than the heroes themselves. I've seen plenty of comments where they find the Hoshido generic or found the Nohr most interesting due to the idea of being a villain having more interesting aspects to the story.

But again, we might not know until we play the games themselves and know more about both side's roles in the setting of If.

BTW, I'm surprised that no one had made a topic for the Dancer Girl yet since her name was recently revealed (Aqua). Though the name itself makes her seem more generic than mysterious. :troll:

Kamui Nohr

Smash Journeyman

I do admit that is a MAJOR factor for me to choose Nohr.

1. European/Double-edged swords rather than curved swords Hoshido uses.
2. Camilla
3. That dancer girl looks really better with a masked veil!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I do admit that is a MAJOR factor for me to choose Nohr.

1. European/Double-edged swords rather than curved swords Hoshido uses.
2. Camilla
3. Aqua looks really better with a masked veil!
Fixed, that dancer girl now has a name you know (Not like it sounds any less generic). :laugh:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Smash community:
"We don't want any more sword fighters"

-did I mention that he/she can transform into a dragon?-

"OMG WE NEED THESE GUYS IN SMASH RIGHT NOW!"

that's pretty much the jist of how the community will think on it...however I put my money on them for Smash 5 but not for DLC especially with the likelihood of Roy making a return and our uncertainty for multi reps per franchise...

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428

To hell with Camilla, the new Tharja is around the corner to dethrone her. She was shown in the card game demostration. Worst of all, her costume looks even MORE ridiculous than Tharja's.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'd rather have Aqua, she looks like she could bring something more diverse to the roster.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And just when we started to talk about Fire Emblem IF again, we had recently gotten more news on the games.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/04/30/fire-emblem-if-will-support-amiibo/

Not only that the game will have Amiibo support, but this is the first ever Fire Emblem title to receive a C rating in Japan (Which is the equivalent of a strong T rating). I'm assuming that the game itself is much darker and more violent in comparison to Awakening, with the slight possibility of having a bit more sexuality. It seems pretty possible any of you ask me.

@ N3ON N3ON Would you like make a topic on her? :)

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
And just when we started to talk about Fire Emblem IF again, we had recently gotten more news on the games.

Not only that the game will have Amiibo support, but this is the first ever Fire Emblem title to receive a C rating in Japan (Which is the equivalent of a strong T rating). I'm assuming that the game itself is much darker and more violent in comparison to Awakening, with the slight possibility of having a bit more sexuality. It seems pretty possible any of you ask me.

Oh god. I hope this doesn't make it rated M here in America. We're already told that SMTxFire Emblem is anticipated to be Rated M.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Nintendo could use more M Rated games anyway. I doubt they'll let any series of theirs that wasn't originally M-rated slip into that rating though.

Nah, I don't really support her or anything, imo the last thing we need is a sixth FE character, I'd just rather have her than the avatars.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
She's a bad choice when looking at it in a "reps" perspective, but a great choice when you actually look at the qualities of the character.

By the way, I'm making a support list now, if anyone likes to be added, be sure to tell me. I divided support list into two groups, ask me which group you want to be added in:

Hoshido
Support Clan:

Nohr
Support Clan:

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
She's a bad choice when looking at it in a "reps" perspective, but a great choice when you actually look at the qualities of the character.

By the way, I'm making a support list now, if anyone likes to be added, be sure to tell me. I divided support list into two groups, ask me which group you want to be added in:

Hoshido
Support Clan:

Nohr
Support Clan:
Nohr for Master Race! The villains are bound to have the more interesting backstories after all.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The support clan represents the version you'll be getting when it comes out, if you just want to be a supporter for the sake of supporting, I'll just move you to Nohr's clan automatically.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I like Aqua, she looks like she could be very fun~

Oh, and #teamnohr for lyfe, babeh~

Kamui Nohr

Smash Journeyman
I really hope choosing Nohr doesn't force your Avatar to be evil. So far, there's been a statement that you have to "unite the broken empire", which could imply that the bad ruler has fallen and you have to strengthen the faction. Can't justify fighting the Hoshido, though...

Once again, Nohr just keep getting more interesting with that cover!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

Hoshido
Support Clan:

Nohr
Support Clan:
Hoshido for me. What's born of Hoshido is returned to Hoshido.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
See, I told you guys that Nohr would be the most popular of the two kingdoms. I guess many people just find the Hoshido pretty uninteresting, even when a majority of the kingdom's fighters had been revealed by now. :troll:

RaenUE

Smash Cadet
NNID
RaenUE
3DS FC
0705-3752-9517
Kamui would be neato; add me to the Hoshido Support list, please.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
With the revelation of Aqua having a spear (A weapon that haven't been represented in Smash before), I can already tell that the competition with Kamui will be indefinitely heated. Wait until people use the whole she's a female and a dancer excuse to support the idea of her being chosen over Kamui. :troll:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
With the revelation of Aqua having a spear (A weapon that haven't been represented in Smash before), I can already tell that the competition with Kamui will be indefinitely heated. Wait until people use the whole she's a female and a dancer excuse to support the idea of her being chosen over Kamui. :troll:
Nah. If there's gonna be a spear user in Smash, it's gonna be this little guy before Aqua.

image.jpg

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Can't wait for If to come out in Japan so we can have a good sense of how Kamui and Aqua can work moveset wise.

Top Bottom