• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Fate: The New FE14 Protagonist Corrin for DLC! (Go all out in Voting!)

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm not saying FE isn't important I'm saying we don't know if this new protagonist will be important or not to the series, we also don't know if his popularity will be long staying or just a fad for being new (like chrom is probably destined to be.)
You're right, we don't know that. But should that stop us supporting Kamui just because they may not be popular in the years to come? I mean, c'mon. I support Tiki and Anna, who were never popular.

The point - mark you, the fundamental crux of the matter - is that it doesn't matter if they "don't belong" in Smash or what have you. We're not expecting them to be added, in the same way I'm not expecting Tiki and Anna to be added. What we are doing is supporting them because we want to support them. Who in the world authorised you to tell us otherwise, eh?

MagnesD3

Smash Master
You're right, we don't know that. But should that stop us supporting Kamui just because they may not be popular in the years to come? I mean, c'mon. I support Tiki and Anna, who were never popular.

The point - mark you, the fundamental crux of the matter - is that it doesn't matter if they "don't belong" in Smash or what have you. We're not expecting them to be added, in the same way I'm not expecting Tiki and Anna to be added. What we are doing is supporting them because we want to support them. Who in the world authorised you to tell us otherwise, eh?
By all means support them if you want I just think it's a bit early and would rather wait for guys to support the character after you have played their game. Heck this character might even get in just look at inkling of all things, nobodies touched the game and yet quite a few want them because it's new franchise. Me personally I think it's super silly to support a character you haven't really gotten a chance to know/care about already.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Count me in, I'm all in favor of a Dark Dragon Lord in Smash with gender variations. After all, I'm still waiting for a Fire Emblem game that can hopefully be better than Awakening and have a more mind blowing plot.

Still a better idea than a certain Lord who was rejected by Sakurai. :troll:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I think that Kamui has a decent shot at dlc, definitely can think up a good moveset, might do that today.

I think Nintendo will add 2-3 characters based on the poll, 2-3 characters for advertising, and Wolf.

Advertising candidates
Captain Toad
Sceptile
Inkling
Kamui
Wonder Red
More, just listing a few off the top of my head.

The point is, Nintendo has this huge FE game on the way, like three storylines. It makes sense for them to advertise it heavily, seeing the huge spark in Fire Emblem interest.

KujoQueen

Smash Apprentice
Can people not attack Kamui supporters in this thread? Yes, we don't know much about Kamui. However, Intelligent Systems do and potentially Sakurai if he's interested in adding the character. Kamui has the chance. It would be better to add him her as Smash DLC now than wait till the next installment because by then, they would be irrelevant and another FE game would be out.

I'm hoping if Kamui is confirmed, then the female would be default. I don't like the male design as much and it would be repetitive to use the male as default just like with Robin.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm afraid with Roy being the 5th Fire Emblem character that might be coming soon thanks to that leak, its safe to say that Kamui's chances had dropped heavily. I don't know, but I just don't imagine Saklurai adding another FE character when there are already 5 reps (Including the returning Roy) already. Which is such a shame since it would be cool to have some Manakete (Or Dark Prince/Princess) representation in Smash. :(

Last edited:

KujoQueen

Smash Apprentice
I'm afraid with Roy being the 5th Fire Emeblm character that might be coming soon thanks to that leak, its safe to say that Kamui's chances had dropped heavily. I don't know, but I just don't imagine Saklurai adding another FE character when there are already 5 reps (Including the returning Roy) already. Which is such a same since it would be cool to have some Manakete (Or Dark Prince/Princess) representation in Smash. :(
Actually, I wouldn't say Kamui has a low chance. One, their game comes out in Japan a month before the concert. Similarly, Kamui could be used to advertise If in Japan and even America perhaps in order to stir up more hype. Two. Roy is a Marth clone like Lucina, he works somewhat differently but in conclusion, he's still a clone. Why give a 5th spot to a clone character when you can give it to a main character of a brand new game that just came out?

Kamui can bring something different to Smash unlike Roy.

There is a tiny chance that Sakurai might say " Hey! There's two new FIRE EMBLEM CHARACTERS, ROY, THE FAN FAVORITE VETERAN AND KAMUI FROM THE NEW GAME"

We shouldn't be making assumptions now when we don't know much. The leak does help Roy's case through. But that doesn't mean things can't be changed in the future.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Because why add new Kirby, Metroid, or DK characters when we can have more Fire Emblem characters? :glare:

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Because why add new Kirby, Metroid, or DK characters when we can have more Fire Emblem characters? :glare:
King K. Rool is arguably a shoo-in at this point since I've seen many polls that reflect the ballot in which he's the most wanted non-veteran Nintendo character. I'm probably not going to vote for him at all since its obvious that he's got this in the bag since the ballot was announced.

With a Kirby's Dreamland 64 stage being a part of the leak, we could say that Kirby getting a newcomer is highly likely and Sakurai might pick Bandanna Dee (Who is currently the highest rated Kirby character in the poll and reigns supreme in the Top 20).

As for Metroid, it's safe to say that we won't get a new character. With the best choice for the game being rejected for being too impossible thanks to his proportions (Ridley), I can't imagine any other character from the series like a hunter or GFS soldier being chosen.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think s/he has little chance of being DLC, especially after Roy.
However, I do think he has a decent shot for the next Smash game, provided s/he proves to be popular enough.

:231:

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
FE can get as many characters as Sakurai wishes, I don't really care about overrepresentation at all, he'll likely think the same especially with DLC.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
FE can get as many character as Sakurai wishes, I don't really care about overrepresentation at all, he'll likely think the same especially with DLC.
This. After all, he's a hardcore Fire Emblem fanboy and he can do as he pleases regardless of pissing off the Smash manchildren with his decisions. He knows what's best for the roster and he can choose to quit the franchise if he's had it with their ****.

That being said, bring on the Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus characters!. :awesome:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
This. After all, he's a hardcore Fire Emblem fanboy and he can do as he pleases regardless of pissing off the Smash manchildren with his decisions. He knows what's best for the roster and he can choose to quit the franchise if he's had it with their ****.

That being said, bring on the Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus characters!. :awesome:
Why not making a Fire Emblem VS Kid Icarus?

KujoQueen

Smash Apprentice
I think s/he has little chance of being DLC, especially after Roy.
However, I do think he has a decent shot for the next Smash game, provided s/he proves to be popular enough.

I strongly disagree. They have a decent chance of becoming DLC and it would make more sense adding them as DLC than waiting for the next installment. I've already explained this with my last post.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I strongly disagree. They have a decent chance of becoming DLC and it would make more sense adding them as DLC than waiting for the next installment. I've already explained this with my last post.
I disagree with DLC characters being used for promotion, if they're not well established yet, like Kamui currently is.

I'd rather see his game be released worldwide, see his popularity soar and THEN see him added with as good a reception as Robin got. Adding characters solely for promotion of upcoming games tends to leave a sour taste for many people. I'm rather tired of the vitriol Roy fans have to face already, and can very much do without a second run of that.

KujoQueen

Smash Apprentice
I disagree with DLC characters being used for promotion, if they're not well established yet, like Kamui currently is.

I'd rather see his game be released worldwide, see his popularity soar and THEN see him added with as good a reception as Robin got. Adding characters solely for promotion of upcoming games tends to leave a sour taste for many people. I'm rather tired of the vitriol Roy fans have to face already, and can very much do without a second run of that.

There's nothing wrong with using characters as promotion and there's no rule against as well. Kamui's game would already be out in Japan before Sakurai makes his announcement at the concert so they would already been established. It seems you hadn't noticed yet but Kamui has already garnered plenty of popularity points lately from fans all over.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
There's nothing wrong with using characters as promotion and there's no rule against as well. Kamui's game would already be out in Japan before Sakurai makes his announcement at the concert so they would already been established. It seems you hadn't noticed yet but Kamui has already garnered plenty of popularity points lately from fans all over.
I don't think it's right for him to be chosen over a lot of more well-established characters who's fan have been voicing their support for years. It just feels unfair to them. I know FE:If is releasing in Japan this summer, personally I still think it's a little too soon. Robin, Chrom and Lucina had a year to get established among the popularly requested characters for Smash. 4.

Not just for Fire Emblem, mind you, I'm not in favour of adding a character who doesn't have a worldwide release. I wasn't too keen on Greninja, for example - his moveset is kind of improvised, which it didn't need to be.

As for his popularity, I realise he was quite well received, but Fire Emblem as a whole is a niche series, so he's drowned out by characters from other series, for Smash 4 at least. That's why I said to give him time - so that his inclusion is not decried as a cheap marketing ploy.

Last edited:

Shog

Smash Ace
No pls
"Oniiiiii-chan!!11!" Bleh...
Considering having a Real Life Sister is a complete different experience and not this cuteish unrealistic crap, thank you for reasonable response BandanaWaddleDee. This also reminds me why older FE fans say something about the Fanservice in FE13 being annoying.

Also I still can't get over Miss Two Left feet, so no sympathy for me(that, and again, the random cuts in her thigh area). I mean I know Intelligent Systems have problems with feets lately in their Fire Emblem franchise, so they should consider doing something about it.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Considering having a Real Life Sister is a complete different experience and not this cuteish unrealistic crap, thank you for reasonable response BandanaWaddleDee. This also reminds me why older FE fans say something about the Fanservice in FE13 being annoying.

Also I still can't get over Miss Two Left feet, so no sympathy for me(that, and again, the random cuts in her thigh area). I mean I know Intelligent Systems have problems with feets lately in their Fire Emblem franchise, so they should consider doing something about it.
People complaining about the fanservice should look at the artwork of Genealogy of War. The dancers, the female mages, and just every female character had some shreds of fanservice. Seliph, Arvis, Sigurd and all the other male characters that are not the armor knight nobody likes are JC Penney poster guys like Chrom is.

KujoQueen

Smash Apprentice

Ironically, Her feet has been corrected if you looked on the official site.

andimidna

Smash Master
Voted for Kamui
Gril kamui looks so swege
The dancer would be cool to but I wouldn't know what to call her

I bet once this is out in japan in the summer she'll be getting a lot of votes from them but until then she probably has close to none. Soon tho

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I really wouldn't mind seeing the Avatar from If in. It sounds like (s)he has enough about him/her to be different from other FE Swordsmen.

HOWEVER...

Let's wait for their game first before we jump to any conclusions.

Ironically, Her feet has been corrected if you looked on the official site.
Link?

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I really wouldn't mind seeing the Avatar from If in. It sounds like (s)he has enough about him/her to be different from other FE Swordsmen.

HOWEVER...

Let's wait for their game first before we jump to any conclusions.

Link?
Of what we know is that he can turn into a Xerneas-like dragon and manipulate land. He could pull out monster limbs for his attacks, pull earth out of nowhere, and don't use the sword that much.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Special edition already sold out in Japan...

Ugh, waiting for 2016 and avoiding spoilers will be hell.
But aren't those spoilers necessary so that people could know more about Kamui and what he/she is capable of?

I remembered the Robin group doing the same thing before he was officially confirmed (Though the more spoilerific abilities of his's weren't used in the end).

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I would LOVE to see this character as an alternate costume for either Lucina or Marth. Perhaps the male avatar could be Marth's alternate costume, whilst the female could be Lucina's. I honestly do not see the avatar for FE14 getting his/her own seperate slot, since judging by their design, they'd just be simple sword users.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Special edition already sold out in Japan...

Ugh, waiting for 2016 and avoiding spoilers will be hell.
I actually want SOME spoilerage so I can know full well what to expect in the stories and I can feel safe playing another story. I don't want to buy one story, like it, and then buy the other and find out that I kill everyone I liked from the previous story.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I would LOVE to see this character as an alternate costume for either Lucina or Marth. Perhaps the male avatar could be Marth's alternate costume, whilst the female could be Lucina's. I honestly do not see the avatar for FE14 getting his/her own seperate slot, since judging by their design, they'd just be simple sword users.
They're Manaketes.

Manaketes with swords. :3

KujoQueen

Smash Apprentice
...You do realize there is more to swordplay than just swinging it around right? Anybody in Smash could have a unique movement granted Sakurai and his team put work into it. It makes no sense for the Kamuis to be alternatives for Lucina and Marth when they could be their own character. Have you seen Kamui's gameplay in the Nintendo directs saw far? It's pretty clear that their swordplay is different from Marth and Lucina so I have no idea where your assumption of being "simple sword users" comes from? Their stance is even different.

In fact, I can see Kamui almost like an aerial fighter or a middle ground between Marth and Ike.

Last edited:
Top Bottom