• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New DLC Stage Approaches: Super Mario Maker!

The newly released game, Super Mario Maker, will be coming to Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U as a DLC stage! This new DLC stage was revealed spontaneously on Nintendo's YouTube channel at 6:00 PM PDT.

The concept and design will take inspiration directly from Super Mario Maker. At the beginning of each match, the "hand" will appear and begin to create a stage built with the elements from Super Mario Maker on one of the game's four unique game styles. If players happen to break any blocks, the hand will fix them. The stage layout changes every time you play, so no two games are the same!

The Super Mario Maker stage will be coming to both Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. The stage will be released on September 30th, 2015. It will cost $2.49 to purchase it individually for the either the 3DS or Wii U, or $3.49 to purchase it on both systems.

To see the stage in action, check out the official trailer!

Pokemon64ism is very excited for the Super Mario Maker stage. You can follow him on Twitter @Pokemon64ism.

Last edited:

Comments

It's pretty funny how much of this stuff isn't actually available in Mario Maker. Softly angled tracks, lava and castle bricks outside a castle stage, slopes... Perhaps in an update.

Also, obligatory "HYPE!!!" comment.

This looks like a lot of fun with large groups of friends who don't take the game seriously.

This is coming from a Melee player.

I wonder how many people will actually pay for this, especially if it's just the stages?
I doubt any TOs will find themselves being forced to buy this any time soon, and I'm not sure how much this will even appeal enough to most casual players to be worth $3.50.

Last edited:
I wonder how many people will actually pay for this, especially if it's just the stages?
I doubt any TOs will find themselves being forced to buy this any time soon, and I'm not sure how much this will even appeal to most casual players.
Your joking right? This is by far the best looking DLC stage so far. I can see it being really popular among those like myself who don't play competitive.

Looks like a fun "for fun" stage, but besides that, it's stupid. Love mario maker, but it's wayyyy to young of a game to already be included into smash. Just imo.

Am I the only one who felt that beginning bit with Luigi? It was so dramatic.

Like holy **** Mario, what is your damage?

Wait what?

Of all the things to do for DLC stages, Nintendo's doing Super Mario Maker? I mean, it looks cool and all but it still came right out of left field.

I'll just sit here patiently waiting for Pirate Ship then.

D
Wait what?

Of all the things to do for DLC stages, Nintendo's doing Super Mario Maker? I mean, it looks cool and all but it still came right out of left field.

I'll just sit here patiently waiting for Pirate Ship then.
With you on Pirate Ship, bro. Still one of the best stages in Brawl and it's not in this game.

Fountain of Dreams and Yoshi's Story too pls

Wow, this came out of nowhere. Maybe this'll be part of a new wave? Or maybe it's just a one off as a tie-in to Mario Maker.

I'm hoping this means Nintendo is getting their marketing together and in the future they'll announce a smash ballot character after it ends.

The stage selection screen looks uneven. C'mon, bring us more! Star Fox DLC Bundle with Wolf, Krystal, and Sector Z would be amazing!

Top Bottom