• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social A New Challenger Enters! Kazuya Mishima Social Thread!

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
kinda, i haven't been to church for years and i played the likes of Devil May Cry and Doom, but i don't like associating myself with demons.
It's a work of fiction. God's not going to send you to hell for playing as the bad guy in a video game. If he did, well let's hope you've never played PMTTYD or Sonic Adventure 2, because eternal damnation would await you for playing as evil turtle monster and big bad mustache man. Ope, and best not like Nezuko in Kimetsu no Yaiba either, or watch Naruto!

See how ridiculous that sounds? Just live your life being the best person you can be. We're all sinners if the Bible is to be believed. God doesn't expect perfection from you, and he certainly never said "Thou shalt not play as Kazuya Mishima."

You don't suddenly become a satanist for reading Harry Potter, or playing Bayonetta, or anything like that.

Last edited:

Chaosmaster8753

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaoticZelos3578
3DS FC
2750-1187-7177
In hindsight, I should've seen the 10-hit combo being implemented as a substitute for what what normally be flurry attacks coming.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
It's a work of fiction. God's not going to send you to hell for playing as the bad guy in a video game. If he did, well let's hope you've never played PMTTYD or Sonic Adventure 2, because eternal damnation would await you for playing as evil turtle monster and big bad mustache man. Ope, and best not like Nezuko in Kimetsu no Yaiba either, or watch Naruto!

See how ridiculous that sounds? Just live your life being the best person you can be. We're all sinners if the Bible is to be believed. God doesn't expect perfection from you, and he certainly never said "Thou shalt not play as Kazuya Mishima."

You don't suddenly become a satanist for reading Harry Potter, or playing Bayonetta, or anything like that.
Right, even though i'm not at church i'm still praying to god while also changing my courses when looking into media.

I'm stuck in a depressing phase but my mind is slowly healing from the problems i faced from 2020.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Right, even though i'm not at church i'm still praying to god while also changing my courses when looking into media.

I'm stuck in a depressing phase but my mind is slowly healing from the problems i faced from 2020.
Speaking from the perspective of someone who believes in the Abrahamic God, I don't believe that the Bible is to be taken directly at it's word, as mankind has had thousands of years to screw it up. Just be a good person. That's all that matters. You gotta learn to seperate genuine guilt from your heart over actually bad things from the guilt mankind forced onto you.

I.E. You're not going to hell because you picked Kazuya or Bayonetta in Smash Bros.

Not even mentioning in this game you can also knock around children, women, and animals.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Speaking from the perspective of someone who believes in the Abrahamic God, I don't believe that the Bible is to be taken directly at it's word, as mankind has had thousands of years to screw it up. Just be a good person. That's all that matters. You gotta learn to seperate genuine guilt from your heart over actually bad things from the guilt mankind forced onto you.

I.E. You're not going to hell because you picked Kazuya or Bayonetta in Smash Bros.

Not even mentioning in this game you can also knock around children, women, and animals.
That's some thankfully words you said

Except the whole thing with Tekken(then again.....they have a panda in the roster)

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
Is Kazuya our first DLC grappler?
I know he isn't a grappler in Tekken, but he kind of feels like one in Smash.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
In hindsight, I should've seen the 10-hit combo being implemented as a substitute for what what normally be flurry attacks coming.
Unfortunately, because fighters can SDI out of that attack (even the easiest CPU fighters), it's next to impossible to land every single hit; the only way that you can land all 10 hits is if the target doesn't even try to escape.

Shovel Knight

Smash Rookie
Is Kazuya our first DLC grappler?
I know he isn't a grappler in Tekken, but he kind of feels like one in Smash.
He pretty much is an FGC grappler as far as the current meta is concerned, mainly because his grabs (command, normal, and special) provide such great burst damage and follow-ups.

Last edited:

Ice-N-Space

Smash Apprentice
Smash needs to nerf Kazuya ASAP no character should have Ganondorfs power with speed and super armor for every move.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Smash needs to nerf Kazuya ASAP no character should have Ganondorfs power with speed and super armor for every move.
Kazuya is a rather slow character in terms of overall mobility though, so it's not like he can keep up with the faster fighters; the heavy armor is pretty much his only real saving grace against flurry attacks.

HARBlNGER

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of biblical stuff; Angel with her Tekken Tag 2 design would be a great mod over Kazuya and his Devil form in Smash. Gameplay-wise she's a Mishima so her being a mod for Kazuya would be a nice fit.

482625.jpg

Heihachi could also work as a mod for Kazuya + his Devil form if you go by the Tekken comics and how he absorbed Angel's power.

8a33dfba42536d29decce81a739cc8b05aaa98e7v2_hq.jpg 027_0011.jpg

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
As interested as I would be in a mod like this, the animation looks a bit too off for me to consider.

And yes, I know this is ironic because it's a reference to crappy CG, but my crappy CG needs to be correctly crappy.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The other day I came across a Twitter post that suggests that a level 9 Kazuya is too good. But at least you only have to face a CPU Kazuya in Kazuya's Classic Mode route, and in the Jin Kazama spirit battle. Of course, the latter is pretty much laughable with the right spirit team.

1FC0

Smash Lord
I am quite surprised that they decided to make him a semi-clone of R.O.B., even giving him the Robo Beam. Though he is only a semi-clone and not a full clone because he lacks the Super Robo Beam.

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
They both are Robo Beams; they are both long range lasers with piercing property. The only difference is that R.O.B.'s has more angles and more different power levels. That makes R.O.B.'s harder to use but superior in when controlled by a good player. Basically, Kazuya is to R.O.B. as Lucina is to Marth—i.e. Kazuya is the easier to play version of R.O.B. but with less potential.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
They both are Robo Beams; they are both long range lasers with piercing property. The only difference is that R.O.B.'s has more angles and more different power levels. That makes R.O.B.'s harder to use but superior in when controlled by a good player. Basically, Kazuya is to R.O.B. as Lucina is to Marth—i.e. Kazuya is the easier to play version of R.O.B. but with less potential.
Sooo....Kazuya sharing ROB's Neutral B makes him a ROB semi-clone, apparently.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Thats not a semi clone. One move shared between the two isn’t how that works.

Otherwise Dedede is a clone of Kirby.

Top Bottom