• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Mission Complete: Tournament Results & Power Rankings Page Page

Bing

Smash Master
Won another Brawl tournament as Fox Yesterday.

In both singles and doubles.

It was just another Game shop tournament, so nothing fancy.

1/17 for Singles

1/6 for Doubles.

lionarmor

Smash Rookie
Lionarmor, fox main in georgia
I got a few:
13/28 bulldog brawl 3
9/21 Salty spitoon 3
5/11 Salty spitoon 4

M@v

Subarashii!
The problem with me posting my results is I never really use fox all the time in tourneys, past few months i've been using all my characters pretty evenly in tourneys, meaning they individually dont get much play time. Biggest thing my fox did recently was beating Ripple in round 2 pools at APEX. I plan to focus on him and mk this summer, so I should have more fox focused results this summer, instead of being across the board with like four characters.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I disagree with the above post. Stick to what is getting you wins or what you feel is going to get you wins M@V.

But I didn't have to tell you this because you already know.

knuckles213

Smash Ace
well honestly if you feel like bunch of characters helps, by all means continue what you doing, but all I'm trying to say is you don't really need a bunch characters for tournament play, just focus on one character at a time to you can improve yourself and that character. I say stick to who you where going to originally going to main and put in the hard work.

M@v

Subarashii!
I disagree with the above post. Stick to what is getting you wins or what you feel is going to get you wins M@V.

But I didn't have to tell you this because you already know.
Pretty much this. There's a method to my madness, and its paid off. I'm just trying to rise to the next level this summer. I broke a huge personal hurdle at apex 2012 by making it out of a pool at a large national (didn't make it out of 2nd round, but it was close). Probably should of hit that milestone a long time ago; if APEX 2010 used apex 2012's pools order of seeding, I would of made it out of a pool there as well. But the rules were different then. The next goal is obvious; make bracket at a large national like APEX 2013, or SKTAR in about a month.

I also accomplished another personal goal by getting into the Back Room. Next goals I'm going for are placing good (not just average) in New Jersey; its the only region I've played in that I've never placed 7th or higher (or well in a NJ national, like top 32 or bracket).

Another goal that i need to get still is being power ranked #1 in my state, PA. Highest I've been is 5, although if we did a rankings the last season we skipped I probably would of been 4 or 3.

Not playing related, but I'm realizing a Tournament Organizer goal I had in co-hosting my first Regional sized event with lokii and a few others; RAGE in ohio, which is a joint North East Ohio and Pittsburgh tournament, the week after SKTAR. Lokii's the one in charge overall; I'm the primary brawl TO from the Pittsburgh side of the operation.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=322258

If any of you guys are nearby, you should go :3

knuckles213

Smash Ace
@MX778 got you down

@XxAlphaxXGhaxCrew I'm not sure how far you live from these areas, but there is tournament this weekend in Houston runned by sync and Illmatic, I cant go cause I have to work this weekend
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=323803

and there is another tourny next weekend in fort worth hosted by ALSM probably co-hosted by me cause were trying to get the whole live stream and commentary thing setup.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=324133
(You should try a make this one)
If you dont have transportation try megabus, everyone in Texas is doing it.

:phone:

Sync.

Smash Champion
Yo Luis! Come to the Houston tournament this weekend. Swaka you're dead when I catch you on the 7th mah boy! I'm salty! :)

Really, let's MM if we don't meet in bracket I have to redeem myself for you ****** me!

Top Bottom