• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A message to all you Luigi mains out there.

Broasty

Smash Journeyman
You know that time where you were playing against your friend who put a fraction of the time into the game and they kept beating you cause you messed up that Wave Dash and gave a free punish?

I feel ya there bro.

You know that time where you were playing a hard set and lost because you accidentally used a Dash Attack?

I feel ya there bro.

Cause we all know the reason we main Luigi isn't because he's easy to win with...it's cause he's like chicken noodle soup...for the soul.

Props to ya'll to sticking through the hard times...cause I sure as hell will too!

TFO

Smash Cadet
I feel ya as well but I use Luigi because he's fun and because he works well with my play-style. I'll hopefully post some of my battles if I play anybody at my house, in the video thread.

Last edited:

MM720

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM720
3DS FC
0259-0380-4806
You know that time where you were playing against your friend who put a fraction of the time into the game and they kept beating you cause you messed up that Wave Dash and gave a free punish?

You know that time where you were playing a hard set and lost because you accidentally used a Dash Attack?
So much truth. Every Luigi main has messed up a short hop/aerial/tilt/smash/whatever and done an accidental dash attack at least once. XD

I knew from the start that Luigi wasn't an easy character to play and that I would have great match ups most of the time, but he's very..... Satisfying to play as in addition to fun. That's why Weegee will stay as my main :3

Astrofallz

Smash Cadet
NNID
Astrofallz
3DS FC
4055-5220-2861
Every single one of these things happened when I played my friend yesterday lol. But I also learned there was a lot of simple strategies that I needed to work on. Luigi is hard to use but even more satisfying to win with.

Broasty

Smash Journeyman
Every single one of these things happened when I played my friend yesterday lol. But I also learned there was a lot of simple strategies that I needed to work on. Luigi is hard to use but even more satisfying to win with.
You can say that again! I can tell for certain that if you can master Jump Canceled Grabs out of WD, Missile Farming on the ledge, and OOS WD, it'll pay off big time!

1+1=3

Smash Cadet
There's nothing but the truth in this thread.
(trying to gain posts in order to post link in video thread)

Soupy

Sage of Wind
I just use Luigi because I like tying crisco to my feet

Soupy

Sage of Wind
i dash attack way too much in both melee and PM, it really sucks to get punished :(
IMO it's not even THAT bad. At least, not as bad as it is in Melee. At least the last hit is a knock back. I occasionally use it as a mix up because no one expects it hahaha.

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
Then we can also appreciate the times when we deserved to get punished but we lucked out in breaking their shield with dash attack or getting them off of the stage with it! Luigi is such a fun character. #TeamWeegee

Soupy

Sage of Wind
Then we can also appreciate the times when we deserved to get punished but we lucked out in breaking their shield with dash attack or getting them off of the stage with it! Luigi is such a fun character. #TeamWeegee
Or when we get that last hit on the dash attack even though they're behind us.
Ayyyyyyyyyy.

Top Bottom