• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Luigi Main asking for opinions

Donyoku

Greed
Hey guys, right now the Luigi forums are discussing the match-up ratio for Luigi Vs. Little Mac and we came to the conclusion that we haven't had enough experience to really give a good ratio. If any one can give some constructive answers for how you think the match-up plays out or your personal experience, that would be great! Any answers are appreciated. Oh yeah and some of the Luigi players said they are willing to play in order to help with the process or vise versa.

Last edited:

Nat Goméz

Smash Apprentice
Welcome to the Little Mac boards, it's a pleassure to have other mains here asking for constructive side-by-side discussions ^_^ Unfourtunaly I haven't had a chance to play with you, actually skilled Luigi Mains (just fireball spamers online :p), so I don't have good knowledge for this MU. Right now I just can theorycraft.

@ viewtifulduck82 viewtifulduck82 here, he's a good Little Mac player that I don't think would have so much truoble fighting some of you guys to tell us how this MU feels. Hopefully we can work togheter to know our strenghts and weaknesses better :)

Mode

Smash Cadet
I actually main Luigi and Little Mac so maybe I can give some insight. I haven't played the match up too much, but I would speculate that the matchup is in the favor of Luigi. Although his grab range is short he has very good throw follow ups and he's an excellent air fighter which gives him a considerable advantage. He also has the fireballs which are great at zoning out Little Mac. He has a pretty good offstage game for gimps so that's added pressure. Little Mac only has an advantage on the ground (which is pretty much always the case). Luigi's short range will make it difficult to go toe to toe on foot, but Luigi has punishes once he's able to get a utilt or jab in to start a combo string. Also a missed KO punch can turn into a super jump punch real fast. Overall I'd have to say the match up is 60/40 in Luigi's favor.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
I Haven't played this match up a ton, But I feel like Mac has the advantage here. I mean, Mac straight up wins on the ground per usual. Luigi also seems to be cursed with not so good recovery as well as Mac. Luigi's priority will only really mean something if Mac is in the air, because godly super armor is godly. This is all speculation though, because I've yet to play a decent luigi. If any of you would like to play a good Mac, I can if you hit me up withing an hour of me posting this. Wii u or 3ds, doesn't matter.

Nat Goméz

Smash Apprentice
This^

Theorically (and probably) yes, Luigi has an advantage in all those situations. But the problem is taking Mac to those situations, and against a good Mac is actually really difficult. If you have experience in this MU you won't be too agressive and speacially won't be trying to do dash grabs when Mac is in neutral, heck even Bowser or Capt. Falcon can't be too agressive against Mac because he has the ability to shut down almost all grounded and aerial approaches with either armored smashes or his ftilt.

Luigi's fireballs can be jabbed, Mac's jab is too fast, so the pressure they represent is nullified by that. Luigi can even get punished if he spam them to much because Mac's Jolt Haymaker pass right over them. And then without this pressure Mac doesn't have to approach and having the possibility to shut down Luigi's combentional approaches, I can't see Mac in disadvantage. Unless he commits a mistake, something that a good Mac won't do very often or simply won't do.

Last edited:

sims796

Smash Cadet
I'm sorry, this was posted in the wrong thread, and can't seem to delete it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom