• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Ludicolo support thread

Some Beedrill

Smash Apprentice

272-Ludicolo.png

Why Ludicolo
Now I can't peak for everybody, but you probably looked at this and thought "What, Ludicolo". And that brings me to my first point.
A. He's Iconic
He may not be at the fore front of people's heads when it comes to Pokemon or Pokemon that should be in Smash, but is nonetheless remembered by pretty much everybody for his iconic design and how he acts. I bet that if you went up to anybody and asked them if they knew what Ludicolo is. If they don't think you're a weirdo and walk away they'll probably know who you are talking about. And unlike some Pokemon...
B. Can easily translate to a move set
You see, sometimes I'll be looking at some fan roster of sort and see stuff like Darkrai or Jirachi or Lugia or Chandelure, I'm pretty sure you get the idea. Basically, while I'm not saying I don't like those Pokemon, they'd be janky in Smash. Just for a second, imagine on of these guys being in Smash. Isn't pretty hard to see them moving, and if you can doesn't something feel a bit off? Imagine Ludicolo. Works, right? It's even the fact that he has legs or anything. He'd just make a good move set. So good in fact that I'll make one (but later I'm pretty lazy)
C. He's a breath of fresh air
All the new Pokemon feel like they're taking themselves to seriously. I can't put my finger on it but something just feels a bit off. Also, he could be more of a mage that acts as a semi heavy that still has some strong hitting neutral attacks. Also, the only grass Pokemon we have is Ivysaur and that is more of a though experiment than anything.

Some Beedrill
Pokelego999
Karl Marx
Unregistered Hypercam 2

Last edited:

Some Beedrill

Smash Apprentice
Make it Mirror B as a pokemon trainer situation but with just Ludicolo and I'd be down.
I like the idea but personally but if I included another Pokemon Trainer that had Ludicolo in it I'd just make it a Hoenn trainer that is a grab bag of 3, maybe 4 mons. Mirror B. just uses Ludicolos (at least of what I'm aware of, I don't own the game saw a play through of it so long ago and don't remember that much of it)

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I like the idea but personally but if I included another Pokemon Trainer that had Ludicolo in it I'd just make it a Hoenn trainer that is a grab bag of 3, maybe 4 mons. Mirror B. just uses Ludicolos (at least of what I'm aware of, I don't own the game saw a play through of it so long ago and don't remember that much of it)
It's exactly because he only uses Ludicolo that it works. Basically it's just your Ludicolo idea but Mirror B is dancing in the background. Just an added asthetic touch.

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
Mirror B could perhaps also have a Shadow Sudowoodo and a Shadow Voltorb, if you wanted to boost the number to 3.

Man, I can hear the music and see the dancing vividly still after all these years...

I rate this idea.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Mirror B also just makes it feel a little less random to me. The fact that there is an important trainer from multiple games (even though they're not mainline) that fights using an entire team full of this pokemon is part of what makes him stand out from the crowd.

It's never going to happen, but Ludicolo would actually be a lot of fun I think.

Top Bottom