• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Lucas+ Primer & Discussion: NOW DISCUSSING MARF MATCHUP

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
Sorry if this has been brought up already, but I'm having trouble killing with Lucas. I usually go for an aerial kill, but (unless I'm doing something wrong) Fair isn't killing until 140~ for me (against floaties) from less than the midway on FD. Uair has the same problems for me.

I guess I'm just having trouble setting up into a smash, really. I can get a Dair canceled into Fsmash if I get it right, but that tends not to happen too often :( Any suggestions on what I should be doing to kill earlier?

I guess I should mention that I usually play against characters like Zero Suit, Zelda, Link, etc. with the Zelda player being my hardest to actually KO, though I think this is due to the differences in my friends' skills with their characters.

Edit: In general, if you have some advice against Zelda for Lucas (as I've become too predictable for my friend) that'd be appreciated too! :)

Bandit

Smash Lord
Camp the Zelda hard and use your nair to rack damage. If you get her off stage, it's a free Usmash or Dsmash if you edge hog correctly.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Page 18 is freaking hilarious.

rope snake's zair is a lucas

QFT.
Eh, I just came here to say that Lucas is a solid character to use in B+.
Again.

BTW, what is your favorite smash to KO with? I've been taking a liking to Upsmash lately (I don't quite know why)

But it's power is appreciated.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Well, I like upsmash when its ridiculous range shows itself and when they have no choice but to drop into it. Dsmash has some good hitlag that makes it satisfying, and fsmash is just fun cause you get to whack the opponent with a stick.

I like PKT1 kills the most though because they piss people off.

Veril

Frame Savant
BTW, what is your favorite smash to KO with? I've been taking a liking to Upsmash lately (I don't quite know why)

But it's power is appreciated.
Who doesn't like landing up-smash. Its like Lucas's equivalent of Falcon punching someone.

Definitely (dash-canceled) f-smash is the best of all his smashes.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Hey Veril, what changed in V7 with Lucas, I'm assuming only S angles, but which moves had them?

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't know about the thread that listed them already. Still, any tiny adjustments at all? Not saying he needed any I'm just curious.

Veril

Frame Savant
Hey Veril, what changed in V7 with Lucas, I'm assuming only S angles, but which moves had them?

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't know about the thread that listed them already. Still, any tiny adjustments at all? Not saying he needed any I'm just curious.
Lucas, like pikachu, actually benefits from many of the sakurai angles (they appear to improve moves combo potential).

Only one move of Lucas's got altered: his f-smash, 361° -> 35°

Everything else about Lucas was totally legit.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Shouldn't ftilt have gotten altered as well since it can also be used to kill? Although he doesn't really need it so whatever, it would just be to go with the lower % kills theme.

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
Im not too happy about lucas's upb, the gimping ability on that move is rediculous. The Lucas player, Chad, took the tournament at our last monthly. He even thinks its too good, I really think it should just do damage and go through the opponent, its really stupid right now. Ill get videos up sometime if your interested.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
It has always been really really good at gimping. I believe it had the angle nerfed a while back. Sorry Ganon and other super predictable recoveries.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I don't understand... it was unchanged in vBrawl and has always been easy to manage. It's a pain if your recovery is less than desirable (I main Ness!) but it's pretty understandable.

Edit: Possibly due to physics changes? I never use PKT1 offensively in Brawl + so I have no idea...

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
I don't understand... it was unchanged in vBrawl and has always been easy to manage. It's a pain if your recovery is less than desirable (I main Ness!) but it's pretty understandable.

Edit: Possibly due to physics changes? I never use PKT1 offensively in Brawl + so I have no idea...
You really should use it more, it *****, Chad even does combos into gauranteed upsmash alot, hes freaking beast. This is the chad that beasts with Pikachu/Fox in melee, probably the best melee player in the south.

Im really scared to use my counter, Bowser, vs. Lucas because once I beat his lucas, hes going to bring out Falcon, and his falcon destroys bowser breakfast cereals.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Who doesn't like landing up-smash. Its like Lucas's equivalent of Falcon punching someone.

Definitely (dash-canceled) f-smash is the best of all his smashes.
just gonna say that Up smash is Waaaaaay easier to land than Falcon punch seeing as you can use it to dodge grabs with it.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
You really should use it more, it *****, Chad even does combos into gauranteed upsmash alot, hes freaking beast. This is the chad that beasts with Pikachu/Fox in melee, probably the best melee player in the south.

Im really scared to use my counter, Bowser, vs. Lucas because once I beat his lucas, hes going to bring out Falcon, and his falcon destroys bowser breakfast cereals.
That still doesn't answer my question. Is it idential to vBrawl because if so than we've had it for like... 3 years. It's not THAT bad, unless it's Brawl + specific...

Bowser counter Lucas?

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
Well, I mean, its my best option against lucas, seeing as I only use Ganon, Bowser, Sonic, and Link.

Top Bottom