• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A little problem with Project M

YumaNeko

Smash Rookie
Well, my problem is, when i've installed the homebrew channel, i've started it, i put Project M On my Usb Key before, it appears in the menu but when i press "play" on the project m menu, my wii goes back to the wii menu, so if someone could help me please ^^'

N00B64

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure the ProjectM launcher reads the the necessary files from the SD card, not the USB stick. If you want to use a USBstick you might be able to use the old method of gekko and setting its device to USB (though I don't believe that works either), or go full ham and load projectM by making an ISO with a backup brawl ISO and this tool.
Loading with USB loader can be tricky though because of some setup that needs to be done and possibly needing very specific USB sticks.

Also in general just in case the problem is this simple and the PM launcher CAN read usb sticks, make sure the USB is inserted to the bottom slot (one closes to the edge of the wii).

Top Bottom