• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Little Echo - Hitmonchan(49e) as an Echo Fighter for Smash Support Thread

D

Deleted member

Hitmonchan Punches In!
250px-107Hitmonchan.png

(This will be a short OP as it's an Echo one so I don't think I have to go too much indepth)
Ever since the concept of Echoes were introduced, a lot of ideas have been thrown around, but one thing that has always been kind of weird is the possibility of cross-series Echoes. While not directly shut down, there is a clear lack of viability for those as characters from completely different games play completely different.
But today, I want to propose an exception, and that is Hitmonchan, also known as the Punching Pokemon.
ORAS Pokedex said:
"Hitmonchan is said to possess the spirit of a boxer who had been working toward a world championship. This Pokémon has an indomitable spirit and will never give up in the face of adversity."
Hitmonchan has one advantage, and that is his whole concept of being a boxer is shared with another existing fighter, that being Little Mac, which means he could be perfectly portrayed even as an Echo Fighter. Between his humanoid proportions and boxer-fighting-style, he can just easily Echo Little Mac without any trouble. Hitmonchan is basically just a boxer, and that simple base concept is what allows him to use Little Mac's moveset so well.
Additionally, Little Mac in the NES version was 142cm tall, while the Pokedex lists Hitmonchan as 140cm tall, meaning he really is just like the little guy.

As for differences the two could have? Well, aesthetically, they're different enough, but Hitmonchan could bring the Elemental Punches in some of his attacks by simply adding flame, electric and ice effects to certain moves. As for a Final Smash, Hotmonchan would need to keep his size, but outside of that, Close Combat could be finctionally the same as Mac's.

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
I've been laughed about for this idea in the youtube comments somewhere a few months before.
But i think he's an obvious choice for an echoe, even though he won't probably make it.

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
Ehh, why not, I support this. Honesty this is one of the more better Pokémon Cross-Series Echo Ideas I have seen & would definitely enjoy testing this Mon out if this ever happens.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I support. Had good experience raising a Hitmonchan in Pokemon LeafGreen. I wouldn't have beaten the Elite Four a second time without him.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
It would be cool. Echoes are pretty much harmless bonus characters and I can't say I'm against any of them.

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
I support. It would certainly get me to play Little Mac. Plus there's no rule stating that an echo, or alt costume has to be from the same IP.

D

Deleted member

Why not. On the topic of Pokemon Cross Series echoes, Blaziken for Falcon?
Blaziken was always someone I consodered a possibility im terms of viability, but he does lose some points sonce F-Zerp does have potential Falcon Echoes. Only thing that could be weird would be punches but I believe Pokken already worked with that and it does learn Fire Punch after all.

On the other hand, none of the Punch-Out characters share Mac's build or size.
also i like the hitmons in general more than KFC

D

Deleted member

You're only supporting Hitmonchan because of the skirt.

NukeA6

Smash Master
You're only supporting Hitmonchan because of the skirt.
The Greeks had to wear skirts in battle.
Seriously though, I keep forgetting Hitmonchan wears that outfit. How did I not make fun of the guy back in the day. He's one of those guys who looks absolutely ridiculous but you forget what he looks like he's in action (kinda like how people forget how short Wolverine and Vegeta are). That's some good design right there.

D

Deleted member

The Greeks had to wear skirts in battle.
Seriously though, I keep forgetting Hitmonchan wears that outfit. How did I not make fun of the guy back in the day. He's one of those guys who looks absolutely ridiculous but you forget what he looks like he's in action (kinda like how people forget how short Wolverine and Vegeta are). That's some good design right there.
The skirt just makes him cooler

Voodoo7995

Smash Journeyman
I support this Idea entirely! :)
Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee were some of my favorite gen 1 pocket monsters, and having either of them in would make me super happy, even if I have to pay to access them!

Speaking of cross-series echos, if Agumon (Digimon) makes it in, then I think any short, fire type pokemon would make a great echo.
Torchic, Charmander, Charmeleon, or even Braixen would be great (Charmeleon would definately work best).

Also, I think Hitmonlee would need some more air mobility than Mac, but I might be nit-picking...

Top Bottom