• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Link to the Links ~ The Link Forum Directory

What Legend of Zelda Games Have You Played?

• Total voters

Scabe

Successful Businessman
A Link to the Links

A Simple Guide to Our Most Important Threads!​
[collapse=Introduction]Hey Link's! :link:

I apologize about the lack of work that I've done here. I've been a mod for the Melee Link boards for almost 2 months and I have yet to get to know you guys or even help out. But that's all about to change!

I plan on getting this board organized and pushing it in a direction such that we can achieve something great.

I volunteered to become a mod for Melee Link because there weren't any active moderation in here. Some of you may have spotted me posting here and there. I'm mostly a Brawl player :scared: but I have recently started learning and playing and loving Melee Link.

So the first thing I noticed is that there is a number of stickied threads. Most were outdated and some useless. So I went and unstickied a few of these threads and compiled them all in here.

If there's any threads that you want to add in here just let me know!
[/collapse]
Guides
:link: Learn how to play Link :link:

Skler's Incredibly Awesome Link Guide! Discussion too!
The most recent and best guide for learning Melee Link from one of the best Link players. - Dated 2009

Topics: Link's Potential, The Proper Mindset, Moves in Relation to Combos, Link's Recovery, Link's Nair, Link's Projectiles, Link's Edge guard, Returning From the Edge, Link's Shield, Link's Wavedash, Link's Tricksies, Link in Teams, Link's Matchups

8000's Link Guide
Nice guide overall - Dated 2005

Topics: The Many Styles of Link, Terminology Of Smash, Moves List, Did You Know?, Tricks, Edgeguarding, Stage Domination, Combos, Character Specific

Lord HDL’s Link Guide!
The link to the guide doesn't even work... But I may as well include the thread. - Dated 2005

Garde's Link Guide
A very old but still awesome guide - Dated 2003 o_O

Topics: Why Choose Link? Pros vs. Cons, Move List, Tricks, Combo's and Tactics, Last Words

Useful Threads
:link: To help you improve :link:

The Link Video Critique Thread
Post vids of your SSBM Link (or LttP) to get it critiqued by Skler

Official LINK VIDEO Thread
Owner is gone and hasn't updated this thread since 2008. Still is a useful thread with a lot of videos. People still post up their videos in there so be sure to check it out.

Link's Take Over - GEN. DISC. HIJACKED AND REFORMED BY DOGYSAMICH YAYHUZZ!!
Sort of the Q/A thread and social thread. Except the social is always about Link. - 2010

Link finder!!
See if any Links live near you! Last updated 2006 :urg:

DO DA STANKY LEG! - A Guide to Link's Nair
A short guide to Nair (Stanky Leg) written by Ding Ding - 2010

Link's Match-Up Chart thread
Match-up discussion. There's some interesting heated discussion in there :p - 2010

Other Links
:link: Good threads located outside of this board that will help you as a Smasher :link:

None yet. If you have any must read threads post them in here and I'll add it.

Ideas/Suggestions/Requests/Concerns

You can also use this thread to give me any ideas, suggestions, request and concerns with how the board is going. I'm open to all these so don't be afraid to share them. :)

-tRiNiTy-

Smash Apprentice
Very nice editing, Scabe. Good work!
Sticky please :p

It's just too bad that most of the threads aren't really that active anymore. But I hope that it'll change soon ;)

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Thanks Trinity :awesome:

I wonder how we can make a thread that can answer peoples problems to specific matchups? I've noticed a lot of threads asking for matchup advice.

-tRiNiTy-

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Trinity :awesome:

I wonder how we can make a thread that can answer peoples problems to specific matchups? I've noticed a lot of threads asking for matchup advice.
Yoo sorry for the late reply haha

A matchup discussion thread is already present, so idk if we need another matchup thread. And there's always the Link social thread to asnwer people's problems and stuff, also quite possibly the most active thread on the Link boards right now lol

What I would really looove to see is a revamp of the Link Video Thread, that thing hasn't been updated for ages now haha. I might give it a try actually if I ever find the time, but if anyone's volunteer to take it over, feel free to do so, I'm not in a hurry :p

Skler

Smash Master
This makes me feel bad for not having my laptop with me that contains the stage stuff for my guide.

Darn it I need to get that back.

MALVM MALVM

Smash Apprentice
My battlefield plays Link? I guess you just have to get used to a tiny hookshotable spot. I sometimes go for the part underneath if I can because it's useful to tech off of.

Skler

Smash Master
Is it weird that I saw the pony and thought you were a guy at first?

Edit: Not that there's anything wrong if you are >.>

Edit 2: Battlefield's edges rule. You always sweetspot!

Cherished Doll

Smash Master
Is it weird that I saw the pony and thought you were a guy at first?

Edit: Not that there's anything wrong if you are >.>

Hey Mr I think you know my boyfriend
Hes J666 :)

Nothing wrong with Ponies
I am a girl tho

:phone:

Skler

Smash Master
I didn't say there's anything wrong with ponies. Just that...well it seems everyone who likes the show is a college aged male.

This makes me want to make a pony drinking game. My Little Pony: Liquor is magic. <googles to see if somebody has already made one>

Skeith

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skeith1
3DS FC
2019-9982-9908
Totally sweetspot FTW.

I didn't say there's anything wrong with ponies. Just that...well it seems everyone who likes the show is a college aged male.
I know what you mean, I see certain friends are into it now; like you said there's nothing wrong with it though. Also is it me or do these threads seem more active lately?

Cherished Doll

Smash Master

This makes me want to make a pony drinking game. My Little Pony: Liquor is magic. <googles to see if somebody has already made one>
Lmfaoo is there??

:phone:

Bigglestheman

Smash Apprentice
You didn't even include the amazing CDI ones! Now I am angry cause they're the best ones! No actually they're awful.

:linkmelee: FTW!!!

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
I've started a thread here that is intended to compile all of Link's advanced techniques into one place. Please add it to this thread (it may even get some feedback and become better if you do!)

Top Bottom