• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Laptop that is noticably becoming sluggish and slower

Nkguy01

Smash Apprentice
In general terms, what are some things that could be causing a laptop to be functioning at a less than stellar rate...Not only talking in terms of internet, but also, for example, clicking on "documents" under your start menu and waiting at least 40 seconds for it to open.

My parent's laptop is extremely slow and god knows what they do to it when I'm gone. They're kind of the type to install several toolbars.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Most likely dust accumulating inside the computer. I would open the laptop up and get a can of air and start cleaning up the inside. It's possible that due to the close compartmentalization of most laptops that overheating has occurred between hardware components. Laptops are always a buy 'em and ditch 'em for me since I've always taken them on the go. Buy them cheap, use the heck out of 'em, and replace them after 4-5 years.

Top Bottom