• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A King's Quest For Respect: The Bowser Matchup Thread

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Tomorrow will be the day, gentlemen. I've got free time that day, and my plan is straightened out, so it's time to roll.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
yeah I gave up on that ages ago lol

he won't do this anytime soon.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
It is a never-ending struggle for survival, a tale of swords and souls retold a thousand times over.

Is he a dot, or is he a speck?
When he's underwater, does he get wet?
Or does the water get him instead?
Nobody knows...Particle Man....

D

Deleted member 189823

It's okay, pastaking. You can always hand in this thread to me.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Totally off-topic here but, I came across the page of the Zelda/Shiek MU. The page is way out of date but do people still believe the Zelda VS Bowser MU is 60:40 Zelda's favor? or have people found ways to deal with this MU?

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
After hours of toiling away at the thread..................I accidentally deleted the tab where I was editing the front page in......................

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I'll just have to re-do/re-copypasta everything manually whenever I get the chance. :(

Right now, I need a break, and I'm going to eternally facepalm while doing so.

D

Deleted member 189823

I've had that happen a few times with similiar projects. It's awful.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
After much procrastination, data loss, procrastination, legitimate life distractions, and more procrastination, the big update is finally complete!

I remodeled the whole freaking front page, and it was much more time-consuming than I thought, delays aside! I had to search high and low for MU info all over the face of SWF. I'm glad I did that, though, because all of it really needed to be in one organized place.

Anyway, let me know what you think of the changes. ;)

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
****, you made me feel bad. i just realized that i never finished my mk write-up hahaha

edit: yeah...wow i have a lot of unfinished projects. jeez.

and i also noticed that for most of my summaries my ratios are either horribly inflated or extremely biased based on my own experience. megaaa disclaimerrrrrr

D

Deleted member 189823

I only really cared about the MU for 2 Top tiers, but that's also fine, Uncle. :awesome:

Excellent job, mang. I love the images. x3

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Thanks, guys. I appreciate all the props. :)

There's still work to be done, though, because we've got some holes to patch here and there.

Thankfully, the next matchup panels are starting soon, so we're eventually going to have a bunch of new stuff to add. I'll be ready to edit, when the time comes.

Rizen

Smash Legend
A lot of work went into remodeling this, good stuff. Lol, those are some of the best MU thread character pics :)

GanonPwner

Smash Rookie
God I know this falco who can chain grab me and Metear smash me and I almost never recover... How can I solve this @.@

D

Deleted member 189823

Just jump and Up-B to get back, unless you're losing the jump accidentaly before the chaingrab ends...or unless the Falco player is actually good enough to edgehog you so that you don't get back. If the latter is the case, I'm going to give you the worst sound-advice:

Don't get grabbed. Just don't approach until you have 50% or more and tank all the laser hits. To avoid Falco from grabbing you when he's up close Jab alot. Spam Jab if you have to.

Flayl

Smash Hero
If you have a buddy to practice with, I recommend learning how to dual stick smash DI the spike towards the stage.

What that means: Imagine Falco is going to spike you on the left edge of the stage.
- Hold your control stick to the top-right corner during the last throw
- When Falco moves in for the spike, tap the C-stick to the bottom-right corner repeatedly or time it, whichever works best for you
- As soon as Bowser hits the stage press shield (while still holding your control stick to the top-right), this will make you tech-roll to the right

If you don't have partners to practice this with, it's probably best if you stick with Swei's method, save your second jump (don't mash jump while he's chaingrabbing you). Double-jump and immediately use Up B after Falco spikes you.

You can approach Falco by klaw jumping (do you know what that is?) around on platforms but yeah avoid laggier moves until 45%

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I was just going to mention the SDI way that Flayl spoke about above. That's the best way/how I do it but Swei's method. You can approach, but just don't do anything ballsy until you get past 45% or so.

If you're playing against Falco you always want to have your back near the edge at lower percents to mitigate the chaingrabbing distance. The ideal position would be where Falco is forced to go for the DAir instead of pivot grabbing, but that requires you being less than three steps from the ledge. Some people aren't comfortable with that.

D

Deleted member 189823

Is it a bad idea to go Melee against Snake? Or do I just Jab him out of my zone?

B!squick

Smash Master
Snake UTilt > everything

Jab if you can, but if he's ready for you, a Klaw might be the only way to win against Snake at that range and has the benefit of putting him in the air. An airborne Snake is much less scary.

Top Bottom