• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A great way to combat Samus?

domcarminefilix

Smash Rookie
Out of all the mains my friend has I seem to have the most trouble with his Samus and I have no idea why. I wanted to know a good way to combat Samus and abuse any weaknesses she has

Ckirby7

Smash Rookie
I dropped Luigi completely because I play a lot against the same two people, one of which mains Samus and knows the character inside and out. The other mains Palutena (whose aerials beat all of Luigi's.. his best moves). If a Samus knows how to control space, Luigi has a really hard time getting in. I would say that Luigi's main weakness is campy style zoners who force you to approach because of his bait and punish style.

Sad as it may be, I have learned that Luigi has matchups that cannot always be overcome. The more this Samus plays against your Luigi, the more they will know how to keep you out. I suggest picking up a counter-pick to zoners if you play against the same friend often.

Top Bottom