• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Great Evil Walks the Earth, the Ganondorf in Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion

What's your opinion on Ganondorf's moveset?

• Love it, it's inseparable from Dorf to me

Votes: 25 13.5%
  • Like it, but wouldn't mind a revamp

Votes: 56 30.3%
  • Neutral, don't care either way

Votes: 13 7.0%
  • Don't like it, but I can live with it

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Hate it, and a revamp is long overdue

Votes: 45 24.3%
  • I like it, but I would still prefer a revamp.

Votes: 41 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Quillion

Smash Hero
How do you guys feel about the idea of Ganondorf’s Neutral B being a reflector for the next Smash title?
It should go like this:

Briefly tapping B is a reflector like Mario's cape and probably also a combo starter as an attack. Holding B is the Warlock Punch.

Giving Ganondorf an actual projectile and changing nothing else would still be a bad change.

beeg monke

Smash Rookie
Been thinking about this for a while and if we're talking changes I would give him a complete overhaul. Ganon is one of those characters where you could buff him and yeah he'd be better but he'd still be boring to play bc you'll still be having the same boring interactions, just faster and more dangerous. I'd give him a complete overhaul and have most of his kit be using a sword, then give him a projectile move where he'd throw his sword like pira does but have it stick into the ground if it misses or something then have his moveset change closer to the one he has now with smash 4 smash attacks so he has 2 different movesets, one with the sword and one without. I think it would be a rly good change of pace for a character that's been screwed every game not just bc of how bad he is but also bc of how boring he is to play and how dull his kit is. I also like the idea of a 2 part fsmash like that one attack he does in the zelda games (forgot which one lol), elbow then slash and change his up tilt to like samus up tilt cuz he needs a good tool at ledge. I'd also just give him a different up b, maybe the custom 2 hit up b from smash 4, he's already got a command grab why tf does he need 2 and both of them are recovery moves that are REALLY bad for recovering? Make it make sense bro. idk man there's a lot that u can do with this character and it doesn't seem like the devs even tried but yeah a complete overhaul would be nice, just wish i knew how to mod it myself :(

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Again i dont know why but everyone seems to have an issue with giving Ganondorf Dead Mans Volley? Why its like his most used move in Zelda!
Also he should have a trident instead of a Sword For More Weapon Variety!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hey Ganondorf players! The Nintendo Game of the Week Thread is talking about the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time this week.

Considering its Ganondorf's debut game, I thought you guys might be interested.

Top Bottom