A few thoughts

Yes, this room is seeing little traffic. Still, there is something I want to look at.

I may just be a bit biased, but it seems that Link's matchups on Hyrule are actually incredibly good, minus Fox. With maybe three bad matchups overall and several advantages, he would be moving up a fair bit on the chart. Do we want to do anything about this?

As Sheer keeps emphasising, we've been over the tier list about five hundred thousand times, but that should make it easy to rattle out two quick DL and Hyrule lists. The DL one can stay as is, perhaps with a couple minor changes, but Hyrule will probably see Link moving up at the very least, which I think is quite important. Noobs do traditionally consider Link as a very poor character, if not the worst (circa Gamefaqs list).

Link's a fairly low variance option who's quite strong against players that are worse than you. Against those better or at the same level than you, however, he's still a weakling.

He deserves his position 100%.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
Hyrule is a huge stage, lots of room to throw ****.

Hyrule buffs Link's pathetic weaknesses to something you can really work with, suffrocation issues and dying early due to gimps are eliminated due to this stage being BIG and a good landscape for camping.

So really, Link is not terrible at all here if he just runs away and chucks **** at you the whole match(sofun). Remember, Link only gets away with this because he can maneuver with the stage(hurrdurr circle camping).

Mahie

Smash Lord
Thing is any decently smart person will instantly ban Hyrule against Link, so whether he's good or not on it doesn't matter, he won't get to play there.