• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Custom Experience in Brawl Controls

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
Nice of Sakurai to elaborate on custom controls. I'd say it's a good update- better than some of the trash we've been getting this month (save for music, SE stuff, and Final Smashes, not to mention Norfair and the Saki AT). I'll probably turn the Tap Jump off and leave the buttons alone.

I love it. Now gimme my cookie!

peach-zelda

Smash Rookie
wow.....now with the tap jump...i would be running and than inmediatly do zelda`s up tilt JOJOJO XD

RazorwireTroop

Smash Cadet
o.o Is it me or the updates have gone one hour further because I woke up and I saw no update. Is it just me or was it to you other early birds as well?

Fault

Smash Cadet
If you go to the Japanese DOJO, you'll notice that they are allowed five characters for the name. Anyone think this may carry over to English?

EDIT: Why does the name in Japanese say 'Pistachio' (Pisutachio)?

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Woah, Hork-Bajir, that was totally random. :laugh:

And RazorwireTroop, it depends on where you live, I suppose. Have you started Daylight Savings recently? Japan doesn't observe that.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
With the exception of the Tap Jump option, the update was bad. I know everyone disagrees, but everything else we knew about.

We knew about 5 letters in the names.
We knew about custom control configurations.
We knew you could put your name in the Wiimote and take it places.

C'mon nearly the whole update was a repeat of the Meta Knight's Special Moves update.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Sakurai stated he might do the whole "Name in WiMote thing" but he never confirmed it, so this is pretty good, man. All in all, this was a very nice update.

bob-bomber

Smash Cadet
i know we've seen it but if this game gets any more costomizable (WARNING THIS IS SARCASAM DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT SPECULATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) you can add your own items or chacters (I REPEAT WARNING THAT WAS SARCASAM DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT SPECULATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)!

TomH

Smash Journeyman
Ok, here is what is needed for Sukari to have truly thought of everything with this:

1) can you set a button to "short hop" or "full hop"? (then i could set Y to short hop and X to full hop)
2) can you set the A button to "tilt" instead of "attack" so that even if you do it like a smash attack, it still only does tilt moves (and C stick only does smash moves)?

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Sakurai stated he might do the whole "Name in WiMote thing" but he never confirmed it, so this is pretty good, man. All in all, this was a very nice update.
One of the previous updates featured a screenshot where the player is given the option to obtain their name from their Wiimote. I'll find it and post it in a sec.

EDIT: September 28th, 2007 update: Tourney

GUIGUI

Smash Journeyman
I say it in an other thread, but a way to improve the GameCube controller would be to assign the jump to the R or L trigger. As those trigger can sens how far you push it, controlling the jump would come much more easier. (at least in theory).

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I say it in an other thread, but a way to improve the GameCube controller would be to assign the jump to the R or L trigger. As those trigger can sens how far you push it, controlling the jump would come much more easier. (at least in theory).
Hmmm agreed. But 6 years of being used to Melee controls will make my hands and fingers explode while trying to play correctly.

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
I really want to play around with the pressure sensative game cube buttons to see if short hopping would be any easier. I wonder how light sheilding will work on other controlers.

overthere

Smash Cadet
This update falls under stage-builder's genre of possibilities. I can already think of a preferred system for the GC. L=attack, R=special, A=jump, B/Z=shield, X/Y=grab. Sounds dumb? Well, that's why I'll be playing it, and you can do whatever you want.

The default for Nunchuk seems great. A/B for grab seems ideal. But the Wimote's config would have to be totally changed before I'd play it.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
One of the previous updates featured a screenshot where the player is given the option to obtain their name from their Wiimote. I'll find it and post it in a sec.

EDIT: September 28th, 2007 update: Tourney

Hm, nice catch. I'll edit the entry with that image.

Loranga

Smash Rookie
:confused:anyone know if you can have a control saved to your gamecube controler?.....dont think so but anyways.
also can u have a control scheme with a blank name, like if u have a teleporting character, so noone sees ur name.....if thats still in the game..................... :/

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
I was wondering.. Is it possible to use the shake smash function as another way for performing aerials. That would be really handy :ohwell:

Monicker

Smash Cadet
Oh please, PLEASE Sakurai...let me use the d-pad to move with the classic controller! I remember reading or hearing that the control stick was how you move, even with the classic controller. From that pic posted of the GC controller, it looked like you could map the d-pad to whatever, so I really hope I can use it to move. I'm one of those few people who can't do anything properly without a d-pad. It's one of the main reasons why I suck at Melee.

Top Bottom