• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Couple GameShark Questions

Roboplodicus

Smash Cadet
1. I've been trying out the Disable Anti-Aliasing gameshark code discovered a couple years ago and it makes the game look pretty awesome imo but my game consistently freezes within 10 mins of bootup when using it I'm using a GameShark 3.0 for reference. I was wondering has anyone else tried playing using the Disable Anti AA code without constant freezes?

2. I found a code to eliminate the need to Z-Cancel in the GameShark pinned thread but Madao warns that these codes might not be safe to use on console I was wondering if anyone had tried using the no Z-Canceling code on console and if they encountered any problems?

anyway those were my two questions.

Madao

1. I'm not sure, but I could look into it.
2. In general, gameshark codes are not safe on console without using activators. The game could use the same memory address for different things, so you only want to enable a code when used for a particular thing.

Edit: All you have to do is add an activator code, if the code posted isn't already using one. In this case, it's not using an activator code, so here is what you can do. Add the bolded part of the code and it should be safer to use on console. Basically all i did was add an activator so that the code is only turned on when it's appropriate. All I had to do was look at that memory address, while in a match and those numbers. The original code was 5420 and changing it to 1000 is what makes autocancelling automatic.

D1150A40 5420
81150A40 1000

Last edited:

Roboplodicus

Smash Cadet
1. I'm not sure, but I could look into it.
2. In general, gameshark codes are not safe on console without using activators. The game could use the same memory address for different things, so you only want to enable a code when used for a particular thing.

Edit: All you have to do is add an activator code, if the code posted isn't already using one. In this case, it's not using an activator code, so here is what you can do. Add the bolded part of the code and it should be safer to use on console. Basically all i did was add an activator so that the code is only turned on when it's appropriate. All I had to do was look at that memory address, while in a match and those numbers. The original code was 5420 and changing it to 1000 is what makes autocancelling automatic.

D1150A40 5420
81150A40 1000
Maybe a silly question but when we say the cose isnt "safe" to use on console are we saying using it could damage the smash cartride or n64 itself or are we saying it could cause unexpected behavior in the game?

Edit: I tried making an code entry with

D1150A40 5420
81150A40 1000

but Smash won't load if I have that code turned on. Any idea why?

Last edited:
Top Bottom