• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS A Comprehensive Guide to every challenge (WIP)

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Hi all!

I had time on my hands and figured people wanted a nice guide to completing every challenge. I certainly did, but now that I'm done, I decided to make this.

There are several categories of Challenges based on game mode and such, so I'll separate them.

In order to search for a specific challenge, open its respective spoiler and use Ctrl-F to find it. You can either type in the requirement or use the panel-row-column code I made up. Format is this: P#R#C# where # is the respective number. For example, P1R5C1 would get you the Challenge in the bottom left corner of the first page.

Have fun!

04/22/2015: Page 1 is done.

How to get a sufficiently high score in Home-Run Contest:

How to use Mewtwo's custom moves (can be used to farm customs in Classic mode):
RIP Mewtwo's customs 4/15/15 - 4/24/15

The home button trick for farming customs in Classic mode:

How to unlock custom moves quickly:
http://smashboards.com/threads/a-guide-to-unlocking-custom-moves-quickly.371547

9.0 Classic:
http://smashboards.com/threads/9-0-classic.376247/
Battle 3 or more times on the Rainbow Road stage in Smash: Peach + Birthday Girl (trophy) P1R1C5
Battle 2 or more times on the Tortimer Island stage in Smash: Liftoff Lloid (custom move) P1R2C7
Battle 3 or more times on the Reset Bomb Forest stage in Smash: Cragalanche the Mighty (trophy) P1R3C5
Win 3 Smash battles with Captain Falcon: Mute City (stage) P1R3C6
Use Villager 3 or more times in Smash: Balloon Fight (stage) P1R4C4
Win 3 Smash battles with Luigi: Luigi's Cap (Mii headgear) P1R5C2
Win 2 Smash battles with Ness: Mr. Saturn (trophy) P1R5C3
Win 2 Smash battles with Zelda: Princess Zelda Wig (Mii headgear) P1R5C6
Battle 3 or more times on the Living Room stage in Smash: Golden Retriever (trophy) P2R2C4
Battle 3 or more times on the Find Mii stage in Smash: Dark Emperor (trophy) P2R3C3
Win 5 Smash battles with Meta Knight: High-Speed Drill (custom move) P2R3C4
In order to clear this out easily, set Handicap to on, set Stock to 1, and set the CPU to Level 1, 300%. Pick your character and use a dash attack to end the match. I believe Omega works for battling on specific stages as well, although matches should end fast enough that it wouldn't matter.

Use a Final Smash while playing as Kirby: Dream Land (stage) P1R1C6
Use a Final Smash while playing as PAC-MAN: PAC-MAZE (stage) P1R3C3
Go into Training mode, choose your character, spawn a Smash Ball and use it. Challenge complete.

Get 100 KOs in Smash: Hyper Smasher Brawn Badge (equipment) P2R1C6
This is honestly just tedious. Play against friends, play against computers, eventually you'll get it. No real trick other than the Handicap trick mentioned above.
Clear Classic on intensity 3.0 or higher: Master Hand (music) P1R4C1
This should be fairly simple, once you choose your character for Classic mode, move the slider over to the 3 label or further. This costs 80 coins, so if you don't have that, be sure to play a couple of matches in Smash or play Classic on 2.0 to get money. In order to complete this challenge, you must defeat Master Hand on intensity 3.0 or higher - simply starting at 3.0 does nothing if you game over along the way.

If you're having trouble with completing this, I would recommend practicing against level 2-3 CPUs. Learn Master Hand's moves and how they're telegraphed.

Clear Classic with 5 fighters: Master Hand (trophy) P2R3C2
Any difficulty is fine. Feel free to set the intensity to 0.0 if you wish.

Defeat Master Core: Master Core (music) P2R3C6 Note: you cannot use a Golden Hammer on this challenge
Master Core will only appear if you set the intensity to 5.1 or higher and choose the black path after the Fighting Mii Team stage. Like Master Hand, Master Core is relatively predictable, so study his movements and attacks and you should be fine.
Clear All-Star on Easy: Epona (trophy) P1R1C3
This one is easy. Pick your best/favorite character and go through All-Star. I believe this works even if you have not unlocked every character.
Place first in 1 or more Smash Run final battles: Lv. 1 Horizon Beam (Smash Run Power) P1R1C2
Place first in Smash Run final battles with 5 different fighters: Lv. 2 Spinning Blades (Smash Run Power) P2R1C1
This is fairly easy. If you so desire, setting every enemy to a level 1 Jigglypuff with minimum defense should make them extremely easy to kill.

Obtain 10 types of Smash Run powers: Lv. 2 Reflector (Smash Run power) P1R3C1
Obtain 25 types of Smash Run Powers: Lv. 2 Instant Drop (Smash Run power) P2R2C6
You should be able to get this easily by playing Smash Run.

Play Smash Run 5 times: Lv. 2 Horizon Beam (Smash Run power) P2R4C3
Play Smash Run 5 times. Pretty self-explanatory. This should take about half an hour.
Play Rival Smash for the first time: Super Mushroom Hat (Mii headgear) P1R2C5
Play 100-Man Smash for the first time: Victini (Pokémon) P1R4C3
Play Endless Smash for the first time: Genesect (Pokémon) P1R4C5
Play Cruel Smash for the first time: Spiny Hat (Mii headgear) P1R5C4
You can suicide immediately to complete this challenge. You do not need to complete the mode in order to complete this Challenge.

Clear 10-Man Smash: Zoroark (Pokémon) P1R4C6
Pick your best character and defeat the 9 Mii Fighters and 1 character in 10-Man Smash. This should be simple; if it isn't, I would recommend practicing against CPUs or simply giving up; if you find this hard, later challenges will be impossible.

Get at least 20 KOs in 3-Minute Smash: Karate Joe (trophy) P1R4C7
Choose your best character and kill 20 Mii Fighters. I believe this works even if you die halfway through, so once your counter reaches 20, you can suicide.

Get 10 or more KOs in a single Rival Smash: KO Healer Protection Badge (equipment) P2R2C3
The number shown is how many more KOs you need than your rival. Once you get the specified number of KOs, feel free to suicide, as that will end the game.

Clear 100-Man Smash: Auto-Healer Brawn Badge (equipment) P2R2C7
Pick your best character and defeat the 100 fighters in 100-Man Smash. This should be fairly simple, just time-consuming.

Get 30 or more KOs in Endless Smash: Fire Stingray (trophy) P2R4C2
Pick a character and defeat some Mii fighters. I would recommend choosing Ike and spamming Aether on the top platform - this kills the Miis easily and the superarmor and the beginning is extremely helpful. Be careful of Smart Bombs, though.
Play Target Blast for the first time: Xerneas (trophy) P1R2C4
Just play a game of Target Blast. No high score is needed.

Score 100,000 or more in Target Blast: Blast Box (trophy) P1R5C7
Destroy enough blocks in one game of Target Blast to reach a score of 100,000. I would recommend launching one bomb forward and bouncing the other off of the back wall; bombs bounced off the back wall tend to go higher and destroy otherwise unreachable targets.

Have a total high score of over 2,000,000 between all fighters in Target Blast: King Bob-omb (trophy) P2R2C1
Go down the character select screen and play Target Blast with every character. That should net you this challenge fairly easily.
Hit Sandbag 984 ft. or more in Home-Run Contest: Bonkers (trophy) P1R1C7 [US]
Hit Sandbag 300m or more in Home-Run Contest: Bonkers (trophy) P1R1C7 [PAL]
Hit Sandbag 1968 ft. or more in Home-Run Contest: Home-Run Bat Agility Badge (equipment) P2R4C1 [US]
Hit Sandbag 600m or more in Home-Run Contest: Home-Run Bat Agility Badge (equipment) P2R4C1 [PAL]

Play Home-Run Contest for the first time: Home-Run Bat (trophy) P1R3C4
Start up Home-Run Contest and play a game. Simple as that.
Get a max combo of 10 or more in Training: Huge Header (custom move) P1R2C1
Get a max combo of 40 or more in Training: Beam Sword Agility Badge (equipment) P2R1C2
Pummels count as combos, so set the damage to 999%, grab the CPU, and spam A.
Create 1 or more Mii Fighters in Custom: Football Helmet (Mii headgear) P1R1C4
This challenge is simple, go into Custom and create a Mii. No other requirements.

Collect 5 unique custom headgear items: Lv. 1 Strong Head (Smash Run power) P1R2C3
Collect 3 unique custom outfits: Lv. 1 Strong Body (Smash Run power) P1R5C5
You should be able to get this by playing Classic, All-Star or Smash Run a couple of times.

Create 3 custom characters in Custom: Sprinter Agility Badge (equipment) P2R1C4
Go into Custom, and create 3 custom characters. No requirements on character, moves, or equipment. I am not sure if Miis count, though.
Play Trophy Rush for the first time: Timmy & Tommy (trophy) P1R3C2
Start a game of Trophy Rush and finish it. No other requirements.

Destroy 300 blocks in Trophy Rush: Giant Bomb (custom move) P1R5C1
Destroy 1000 blocks in Trophy Rush: Close Combat (custom move) P2R1C5
This stat is cumulative, so you do not have to destroy all blocks in one go. I would recommend using Donkey Kong and spamming Hand Slap, rolling whenever the warning sign appears. This is the easiest way to destroy a large number of blocks.
Play StreetSmash for the first time: Lightning Falcon Kick (custom move) P1R2C6
Start up StreetSmash and play a round. Practice mode counts. You will need to ensure that you do not already have 12 StreetPass-enabled games on your 3DS in order to access StreetSmash; go into 3DS Settings to delete StreetPass enabling from games.

Get a total of 5 hits in StreetSmash: Lv. 2 Shinespark (Smash Run power) P2R2C2
Uh... honestly, I have no idea what this means. I think it means StreetPass 5 people who also have StreetPass enabled for Smash Bros. In that case, bring your 3DS around with you and keep it in Sleep Mode, especially in the city. You should be able to get this challenge that way.

Get 10 KOs by knocking foes into other foes in StreetSmash: Mugly (trophy) P2R2C5
Go to Practice mode and set the number of CPUs to 12. Then play several games. This should get you this challenge fairly easily.

Get 20 or more KOs by countering in StreetSmash: First Striker Agility Badge (equipment) P2R3C7
Countering in StreetSmash is done by holding R, tilting in a direction to avoid an attack and pressing A directly after to unleash a counterattack. Go into Practice mode and set the number of CPUs to 1. Play some matches by using this technique and you should be golden.
Collect 30 or more unique trophies: Toad (trophy) P1R1C1
Collect 150 or more unique trophies: Redd (trophy) P2R1C7
Playing through Classic, All-Star, Smash Run, or Trophy Rush a couple of times should get you trophies. Check the Trophy Shop often.

Unlock the hidden character Ness: Magicant (stage) P1R2C2
In order to unlock Ness, you must:
- play 10 or more VS matches
- clear Classic mode on any difficulty
Doing either of these will initiate a battle with Ness on Magicant, whom you must defeat in order to unlock.
The Flying Men will not appear during this battle.

Unlock the hidden character Dark Pit: Dark Pit Staff (trophy) P1R3C7
In order to unlock Dark Pit, you must:
- play 50 or more VS matches
- clear Classic mode 3 times (unsure if using the same character counts)
Doing either of these will initiate a battle with Dark Pit on Reset Bomb Forest. Defeat him to unlock him.

Unlock the hidden character Wario: WarioWare, Inc. (stage) P1R4C2
In order to unlock Wario, you must:
- play 30 or more VS matches
- clear 100-Man Smash
Doing either of these will initiate a battle with Wario on WarioWare, Inc. Defeat Wario to unlock him. Minigames will not occur during this battle.

Unlock all playable fighters: Menu 2 (Melee) (music) P2R1C3 Note: you cannot use a Golden Hammer on this challenge
The unlockable fighters are:
- Dr. Mario
- Ganondorf
- Falco
- Jigglypuff
- Ness
- Mr. Game and Watch
- Wario
- R.O.B.
- Bowser Jr.
- Lucina
- Dark Pit
- Duck Hunt
Look up how to unlock these yourself.

Unlock the hidden character Mr. Game & Watch: Flat Zone 2 (stage) P2R3C5
In order to unlock Mr. Game & Watch, you mus:
- Play 90 or more VS matches
- clear Classic mode 10 times (unsure if using the same character counts)
Doing either of these will initiate a battle with Mr. Game and Watch on Flat Zone 2. Feel free to blast line camp. Defeat Mr. Game & Watch to unlock him.

Unlock every stage: Tortimer Island (trophy) P2R4C4
The unlockable stages are:
- Balloon Fight
- Dream Land
- Flat Zone 2
- Magicant
- Mute City
- PAC-MAZE
- WarioWare, Inc.
All stages are unlocked via Challenge, so their unlock methods should be somewhere around here.
Reveal 99% of the wall during the staff credits: Credits (music) P2R3C1
This is honestly just something you're going to have to keep working at. Characters with large hitboxes such as Shulk, Mewtwo, Ike, or Dedede work well for this. Credits are seen after Classic and All-Star mode.

Last edited:

Fluorescent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NeoRashi
3DS FC
2122-7596-1415
I honestly love the fact you made something like this. I want to 100% complete my challenges but I fear I may need some help to do so and this guide really helps with that.

Very organized and simple too, keep it up man!

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I honestly love the fact you made something like this. I want to 100% complete my challenges but I fear I may need some help to do so and this guide really helps with that.

Very organized and simple too, keep it up man!
Thank you! I plan to get at least half of the second panel done today.

Top Bottom