• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Change in Oil Panic?

NNID
User7a1
I was just messing around with bucket, but when I absorbed more than 22% (the minimum needed for 60%), I didn't get 60%. I actually got a far less number, 34% (two uncharged shadow balls + fully charged). Ordinarily, the multiplier for Oil Panic is 2.8, as is the case when you absorb a single 20% projectile (a thrown Bombchu), you deal 56% (training mode). I did some more digging, only to find many different values. That said, some were consistent. On the left is the abosrbed projectiles, and on the right is the dealt damage and the projectiles absorbed.
23% : 60%
13 + 13 : 55% (could be 12.5% each, so I can go back and check; Sheik's Burst Grenade)
24% : 60%
12 + 12 : 53% (Sheik's Vanish)
8 + 8 + 8 : 60% (Cloud's clean grounded Blade Beam)
20% : 56%
8 + 6 + 6 : 53% (One clean grounded Blade Beam + 2 late grounded Blade Beams)
20.5% : 57%
2.5 + 18 : 47% (uncharged Shadow Ball + over half charged Shadow Ball)
14 + 14 : 59% (Steel Diver missile shots; 28% would have already been over 60%, so I assume 15 +15 deals 60%).
26% : 60% (Gooey Bomb)
1 + 25% : 42% (super scope + Fully Charged Shadow Ball)
1 + 1 + 25 : 25% (2 super scope + Fully Charged Shadow Ball)
1 + 1 + 14: 25% (2 super scope + 1 Steel Diver Missile)
4.5 + 4.5 + 10.5 : 48% (I think, may have been 47% or 45%; two Robin Thunders + 1 Elthunder)
3 + 3 + 26 or 30%: 36% (two Falco lasers + 1 Gooey Bomb / 1 Bom-omb)
And there were some PK Fires (lighting and pillar), Thunders (trail and bolt), and Flash (fully charged) values I forgot, by they were between 41% to 60%.
Has it always been this way since the launch of the game? Or was this recent or unexplained in one of the patches? I know 1.1.3 nerfed our team absorption damaged, but there were some patches the G&W was mentioned, but no explanation was given for the differences.
Note that my findings do include Panic Overload (didn't get damage values, but I do know the presumed calculated damage was not actually dealt), but it doesn't affect Efficient Panic (because it only absorbs one projectile).
I can only think of two things: there is a cap dependent on the first 2 levels filled or there's a complex formula depending on what G&W absorbs (or how much he absorbs).

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I was just messing around with bucket, but when I absorbed more than 22% (the minimum needed for 60%), I didn't get 60%. I actually got a far less number, 34% (two uncharged shadow balls + fully charged). Ordinarily, the multiplier for Oil Panic is 2.8, as is the case when you absorb a single 20% projectile (a thrown Bombchu), you deal 56% (training mode). I did some more digging, only to find many different values. That said, some were consistent. On the left is the abosrbed projectiles, and on the right is the dealt damage and the projectiles absorbed.
23% : 60%
13 + 13 : 55% (could be 12.5% each, so I can go back and check; Sheik's Burst Grenade)
24% : 60%
12 + 12 : 53% (Sheik's Vanish)
8 + 8 + 8 : 60% (Cloud's clean grounded Blade Beam)
20% : 56%
8 + 6 + 6 : 53% (One clean grounded Blade Beam + 2 late grounded Blade Beams)
20.5% : 57%
2.5 + 18 : 47% (uncharged Shadow Ball + over half charged Shadow Ball)
14 + 14 : 59% (Steel Diver missile shots; 28% would have already been over 60%, so I assume 15 +15 deals 60%).
26% : 60% (Gooey Bomb)
1 + 25% : 42% (super scope + Fully Charged Shadow Ball)
1 + 1 + 25 : 25% (2 super scope + Fully Charged Shadow Ball)
1 + 1 + 14: 25% (2 super scope + 1 Steel Diver Missile)
4.5 + 4.5 + 10.5 : 48% (I think, may have been 47% or 45%; two Robin Thunders + 1 Elthunder)
3 + 3 + 26 or 30%: 36% (two Falco lasers + 1 Gooey Bomb / 1 Bom-omb)
And there were some PK Fires (lighting and pillar), Thunders (trail and bolt), and Flash (fully charged) values I forgot, by they were between 41% to 60%.
Has it always been this way since the launch of the game? Or was this recent or unexplained in one of the patches? I know 1.1.3 nerfed our team absorption damaged, but there were some patches the G&W was mentioned, but no explanation was given for the differences.
Note that my findings do include Panic Overload (didn't get damage values, but I do know the presumed calculated damage was not actually dealt), but it doesn't affect Efficient Panic (because it only absorbs one projectile).
I can only think of two things: there is a cap dependent on the first 2 levels filled or there's a complex formula depending on what G&W absorbs (or how much he absorbs).
I'd have to do some research myself, but my assumption is related to the threshold system put in place for the move. It's not perfect, but absorbed projectiles that do over 9% fill up two levels, and ones that (IIRC) do over 19% fill all three levels. I'm assuming that each level can only hold up to 9% of damage.

I'll look into this tomorrow.

Top Bottom