• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A better 'Super Armor List' Thread (4/30, 18:07 EST)

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
like snakes UP+B and yoshi's 2nd jump, they still have instances of being able to break through the super armor at certain percents.

In otherwords, it isn't TRUE SA. True SA prevents you from being flinched during the designated SA frames, period.

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman

Wrath`

Smash Master
I was wondering about snakes SA for his intial start up, it is true, but I have played a lot of ike vs snake, and any time I have a decently charged eruption for an edgeguard, it will actual have knockback and cancle snakes SA. I was just wondering, i dont have a vid tho..

Ulevo

Smash Master
I'm not entirely sure about this, but I think Wolf's Nair may have SA Frames. I recall being hit numerous times while performing it, and was not knocked out of the attack. I'll get back to you on this later.

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
I'm not entirely sure about this, but I think Wolf's Nair may have SA Frames. I recall being hit numerous times while performing it, and was not knocked out of the attack. I'll get back to you on this later.
cool cool, nice to see more people finding stuff.

New SA frames... whole time during squirtle's B-side.
I'm not 100% sure... plz test
How many times are people gonna post this without reading the **** thread? Like all of the spam in this thread is pertaining to squirtles SIDE-B...

IT IS NOT SUPER ARMOR, it is just some type of gay invincibility.

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
it's not...

the confirmed one was who found it initially

the unconfirmed part is me trying to find out how many frames there are and generally where the first frame starts, which is unconfirmed atm.

Pure-???

Smash Journeyman
ah.

also, I like using Wario's F-Smash to activate Blast Boxes. Being able to break one of those with no knockback is just awesome.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I think Wario has the same type of SA as Snake's up B and Yoshi's double jump when he's on his bike. I haven't tested this much, but I think it only works with very weak attacks like Ness' Fair.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I heard Snake himself had invincibility frames. Is that true?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Umm i think Kirbys Up-B has some or maybe invincibility in not sure.
but im probably wrong.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Hmm... might it be possible that Luigi has SA in his up-smash? I'm sure I got hit but I didn't flinch. It's at the start of the attack.. before it hits.. it happened to me 2 times now.

theEffinBear

Smash Apprentice
SIDE-B (Rock Breaker): from start to finish (recovered and can do anything after), lasts 1.00sec, or 60 frames.

SIDE-B attack (1st frame to initial hit frame), takes 0.36sec, or 21 frames.
  • SIDE-B attack's SA starts at Frame 1
  • SIDE-B attack's SA ends at Frame 19 (0.31666...sec).
  • SIDE-B attack consists of 88.888...% SA frames.
  • SIDE-B consists of 31.666...% SA frames
SIDE-B attack's initial hit frame = no SA frame. It is a regular attack, and can be negated with another strike (also seen as two swords clashing), therefore a grab will trade hits at the initial hit frame 21.
I think Charizard does not actually have any Super Armor on his Side-B. If Rock Smash has SA from frames 1 through 19, Charizard being interrupted and uselessly dropping the rock would be nigh unheard of: Charizard would fumble the boulder only when hit on exactly frame 20, i.e. during the 1-frame window between the end of the SA frames listed (19) and the first frame of the attack (21, which is when he shatters the rock himself). Since I see the rock fall uselessly moderately often -- at least, more often than single-frame precision would suggest -- I decided to do some tests.

I Rock Smashed facing away from a laser-shooting Falco on Final Destination; every single laser hit Charizard, dealt damage to Charizard, and flinched Charizard. Each time the laser hit him before the rock was smashed, it dropped and disappeared. Each time the laser hit him after the rock was smashed, the rock finished shattering and Charizard suffered the minimal knockback of Falco's lasers. When I tried Side-B'ing towards Falco, some of the laser shots hit and shattered the boulder; when this happened, Charizard received no damage or knockback because the lasers stopped on the boulder and never reached the dragon himself. The lasers that missed the rock had results identical to when Charizard was facing away from Falco.

Figuring there could be some strange rules like "boulder shattering early = SA frames", I tested against ROB this time, as his laser passes through things. Now Charizard was damaged and flinched every time, regardless of his facing, regardless of whether the eye-laser shattered the boulder or not.

I don't have the set-up to actually test this frame-by-frame, so I could be missing some Super Armor frames that are actually present in the move. You list yourself ("Charizard, contributed by NoVa") for that section of your post, so I'm wondering how you got the results you did. What attacks did you try on Charizard? Do you have some video of Charizard taking damage while using Side-B but finishing the attack anyway, without flinching?

/RtEB

theEffinBear

Smash Apprentice
*5-days-later-bump*
NoVaLombardia, do you have videos or a procedure that better demonstrates Charizard having Super Armor frames on his forward-B?

Thanks,
/RtEB

D

Deleted member

I think Charizard does not actually have any Super Armor on his Side-B. If Rock Smash has SA from frames 1 through 19, Charizard being interrupted and uselessly dropping the rock would be nigh unheard of: Charizard would fumble the boulder only when hit on exactly frame 20, i.e. during the 1-frame window between the end of the SA frames listed (19) and the first frame of the attack (21, which is when he shatters the rock himself). Since I see the rock fall uselessly moderately often -- at least, more often than single-frame precision would suggest -- I decided to do some tests.

I Rock Smashed facing away from a laser-shooting Falco on Final Destination; every single laser hit Charizard, dealt damage to Charizard, and flinched Charizard. Each time the laser hit him before the rock was smashed, it dropped and disappeared. Each time the laser hit him after the rock was smashed, the rock finished shattering and Charizard suffered the minimal knockback of Falco's lasers. When I tried Side-B'ing towards Falco, some of the laser shots hit and shattered the boulder; when this happened, Charizard received no damage or knockback because the lasers stopped on the boulder and never reached the dragon himself. The lasers that missed the rock had results identical to when Charizard was facing away from Falco.

Figuring there could be some strange rules like "boulder shattering early = SA frames", I tested against ROB this time, as his laser passes through things. Now Charizard was damaged and flinched every time, regardless of his facing, regardless of whether the eye-laser shattered the boulder or not.

I don't have the set-up to actually test this frame-by-frame, so I could be missing some Super Armor frames that are actually present in the move. You list yourself ("Charizard, contributed by NoVa") for that section of your post, so I'm wondering how you got the results you did. What attacks did you try on Charizard? Do you have some video of Charizard taking damage while using Side-B but finishing the attack anyway, without flinching?

/RtEB
lol

tenchars

MitchBerryCrunch

Smash Cadet
Wouldn't Pit's down-b move count as invincibilty frames and not SA. Because, correct me if I'm wrong, he can't be damaged where he's holding out the shield (although he can be from behind, so it's not complete invincibilty).

Fearmy

Smash Ace
Well, Squirtle has Side B and Neutral Air ( if hit on Top of shell)

Charizard's side B does not have SA, you can't really Approach him because Rock Particles are around him

theEffinBear

Smash Apprentice
wavedashingluigi: if you hit Pit right as he produces his Mirror Shield, he has Super Armor. Watch this video to see it in action, where the Pit Super Armors the first Falcon Punch (then fails twice, invinci-shields, fails twice more, and then Super Armors again during the full-speed segment; he succeeds several times again after slowing the speed down). From the video description: "The attack must connect before the "king" noise the shield makes. Does not work while airborne." Since Pit takes damage but no knockback (even to a Falcon Punch), it's Super Armor. I don't know if anyone's tested to see if he has Super Armor during those frames even if he's starting to Mirror Shield to the left and gets hit by a Falcon Punch from the right, but my instinct is that he'd still be Super Armored. Try testing it!

Fearmy: I've tried using Squirtle's n-air against Falco's laser, and I always either missed the laser entirely, or I hit the laser and took both damage and knockback. In my attempts at finding possible SA on Squirtle's n-air, Squirtle never ignored knockback while taking damage, regardless of where his shell was. Squirtle's hurbox may not cover the whole of his shell during his n-air or something, but I haven't seen any Super Armor on it.
Squirtle's forward-B is kind of the opposite of Super Armor (ignoring damage while still taking some kind of knockback), and as such is better dealt with in this shameless plug for my Armor project.

/RtEB

shadowofchaos725

Smash Apprentice

/RtEB
I'm sorry for bumping this..... I was doing an extension of "How to Dodge Final Smashes" and I was capturing all the super armors as well as those attacks with invincibility frames... and with same kinds of testing... I cannot find that Charizard has Super Armor with this attack...

Who can do frame by frame testing to see which frames has it?

XienZo

Smash Lord
I think they're saying that it doesn't have SA, and its sort of like how DDD can throw minions to block attacks.

iEatPikmin

Smash Journeyman
-"I don't think I'd really call it true super armor, but when a grab connects, it has the same effect as super armor for that one frame. In other words, I can grab someone and get hit from behind (the person I grabbed was not even attacking), but my character does not flinch if the hit connects on the same frame as the grab connects. I believe this mechanic was implemented to prevent freezing glitches or other strange effects." ---by 3GOD

I think Kirby has SA frames on his Neutral B attack. If you try hitting him right before you get eaten, Kirby still takes the dmg but doesn't flinch.

Top Bottom