• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"A Bad Smash Day..."- Conker for Ultimate!

Morgana J. Cat

Smash Apprentice
Chris said Conker is only 15 to 16
Yeah, I'm afraid Chris Seavor confirmed in one of his tweets that Conker is a teen. I know this is practically as crazy as Mario being 24... oh wait...
Wait, when the hell did that happen? If I remember correctly, it was the instruction manual of BFD that specifically mentioned that the character was 21. Kinda weird but well before we jump to conclusions, we must ask, how old is Berri anyway?

and yeah, I think Roger and Jessica Rabbit are a more accurate comparison, tho Roger is much goofier than Conker.

And hey I got a question, do you guys think that the events of Donkey Kong Country, Conker, and Banjo Kazooie games are occuring, more or else, at the same time?
Diddy Kong is supposed to be a chimpanzee child, correct? In that case, If Diddy, Conker and Banjo were childhood buddies, than I suppose that Diddy should be more or less an adult in the events of Banjo Kazooie/Tooie and Bad Fur Day, well that is assuming that Banjo is the same age as Conker.

Cookies N Milk

Smash Apprentice
Wait, when the hell did that happen? If I remember correctly, it was the instruction manual of BFD that specifically mentioned that the character was 21. Kinda weird but well before we jump to conclusions, we must ask, how old is Berri anyway?

and yeah, I think Roger and Jessica Rabbit are a more accurate comparison, tho Roger is much goofier than Conker.

And hey I got a question, do you guys think that the events of Donkey Kong Country, Conker, and Banjo Kazooie games are occuring, more or else, at the same time?
Diddy Kong is supposed to be a chimpanzee child, correct? In that case, If Diddy, Conker and Banjo were childhood buddies, than I suppose that Diddy should be more or less an adult in the events of Banjo Kazooie/Tooie and Bad Fur Day, well that is assuming that Banjo is the same age as Conker.
He said that conker would be 17-18 in conker other bad day which takes place a couple years after bad fur day. He said this on Twitter

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Yeah, Diddy is a child. So I guess you’re right, but I doubt he would be any different as an adult. Conker and Banjo didn’t change that much either (in physical form).

Kingkridley

Smash Rookie
YES. This sounds awesome! Now that we have the more popular rare rep, we have more of a chance in future smash titles to get Conker in. I love this game, and the idea of having it represented in smash makes me straight up giddy. Glad I found this thread.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
YES. This sounds awesome! Now that we have the more popular rare rep, we have more of a chance in future smash titles to get Conker in. I love this game, and the idea of having it represented in smash makes me straight up giddy. Glad I found this thread.
I don't where exactly Conker's future lies looking back at Christ Seavor's interview. But Conker's future does look brighter than ever since Banjo & Kazooie's inclusion in Smash will probably push Microsoft and Rare to bring fourth a Rare renaissance.

I think if we really want to secure Conker's future, we got to be louder to get him in Smash. I think Conker has enough fans to actually make this kind of push for Smash, but we got to make noise if we want Nintendo and Sakurai's attention.

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Welcome! It’s always a joy to see more Conker fans joining us.
Phil Spencer even said he’s open to have more Rareware characters in Smash, so Conker’s chances are better than ever. I just hope there’ll be a 2nd Fighters Pass.
I don't where exactly Conker's future lies looking back at Christ Seavor's interview. But Conker's future does look brighter than ever since Banjo & Kazooie's inclusion in Smash will probably push Microsoft and Rare to bring fourth a Rare renaissance.

I think if we really want to secure Conker's future, we got to be louder to get him in Smash. I think Conker has enough fans to actually make this kind of push for Smash, but we got to make noise if we want Nintendo and Sakurai's attention.
I guess you’re right. That’s practically the only way fan favorites get the green pass, but what exactly do you suggest? The best I could do is draw concepts of Conker’s abilities in Smash to encourage more people to want him. A lot of people on Twitter, including Chris Seavor, enjoyed it, that’s already a plus, I guess.
I’m working on more now.

Cookies N Milk

Smash Apprentice
Phil Spencer even said he’s open to have more Rareware characters in Smash, so Conker’s chances are better than ever. I just hope there’ll be a 2nd Fighters Pass.

I guess you’re right. That’s practically the only way fan favorites get the green pass, but what exactly do you suggest? The best I could do is draw concepts of Conker’s abilities in Smash to encourage more people to want him. A lot of people on Twitter, including Chris Seavor, enjoyed it, that’s already a plus, I guess.
I’m working on more now.
I’m looking forward to the concepts.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

I’m working on more now.
So Sabertooth Sabertooth from the Dixie Kong thread started quite awhile back a #DixieKong4Smash Twitter campaign account so maybe one of us should do the same for Conker. The more awareness the better.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...a_break_from_the_unlikely_legend_of_rusty_pup
>can't even port one game to a Nintendo console at all
>paused work on the Conker successor to start up another new game
Anyone else get the impression that Chris bit off more than he could chew?

tenorstahp.gif

So Sabertooth Sabertooth from the Dixie Kong thread started quite awhile back a #DixieKong4Smash Twitter campaign account so maybe one of us should do the same for Conker. The more awareness the better.
Besides, you gotta give it time. Rome wasn't built in a day, and it took years for :ultridley:, :ultkrool: and :ultbanjokazooie:'s campaigns to really take off. If you expect instant results, you need to hone your patience.

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Hey guys, just wanted to come by this thread to show off this impressive "Smashified" Conker fan render I posted earlier in the Social Thread:

For those who are curious, this was made by Eman Pelletier.

Cookies N Milk

Smash Apprentice
There is a chance that my conker moveset will get animated. http://aminoapps.com/p/rnkj1e
I added a couple of things, I have been updating the moveset I put on the last page for a while but I want to see what you guys think of these changes, they’re mainly changes to his down B

Jab: He will hit the opponent 3 times with a frying pan which deals 4% each (12%)

Forward Tilt: He uses the 2 bricks from the furnace fight which deals 15%

Up Tilt: He upswings with his bat
10%

Down tilt: He swings his tail downwards, like Fox’s
7%

Dash Attack: Conker will ram into an opponent
10%

Forward smash: He will swing his chainsaw doing 25%, charging it will make his chainsaw rev up which will do 35%. If you think a chainsaw is to violent for smash, look at Bowser Jr. or Corrin

Down smash: He will turn into an anvil and slam down on the ground doing 15% if near the radius and doing 20% if under. Has higher knockback then his forward smash

Up smash: He will swing his katana upward like Ike and Ganondorf, deals 25%
He will start from behind him, since a katana is a single edged sword. Still hits on all sides.

Forward air: He will swing a frying pan horizontaly. 13%

Up air: He will kick upwards like Mario and Incineroar. 9%

Down air: He will kick down with his legs, can spike.
11%

Back air: He will swing his tail behind him. Like Yoshi’s back air.
14%

Neutral Air: Conker will spin around with his Bat. 12%

Neutral special:

Press B to pull out his machine guns. You can jump and move your joystick to aim up or down. Press A to fire and Press B to put the guns away. Does more damage then jokers gun and does knock back at close range. It's like inkling's neutral special, except it does more damage, more range, and you can move while using it. The heavier character SHOULD have the better variation.

Side special: He will run on his barrel ( like in the mansion) and it will explode when it hits an opponent, he can jump and if he lands on them while on the barrel it’ll bury them.

20% if the barrel hits you

Press B while riding to jump off (the barrel will keep rolling)

Up special: Will use his tail to fly upward. Like Donkey Kong's recovery, except it has more vertical distance by a fair amount.

Down special: A lightbulb will light above his head after some time (as much as Jokers arsene) Dealing damage can speed up the process. He will get a randomized item from one of his games. There will be a meter (like jokers Arsene) Filling it up will activate the move. Once you get your item ( if it’s not used up) you can either throw it which disappears instantly and you can start working for another or you can press down B again and you can put it away and save it for later (Press down B again to pull it out) You can’t get a new item until you used the item up or threw it. It will charge over time and doing damage will increase its progression. When having an item with uses, instead of the meter, it will show how much uses the item has.

Chocolate: Heals 35%

Squirrel tail: adds another stock (Very rare to get though 5%)

Dynamite: Can throw like snake, deals more damage and knockback but longer detonation time. If thrown and it lands on an opponent it will blow up

Flamethrower: Conker will spray it around by demand (like in game) has limited fuel and deals fire damage.
Does as much as Piranha Plants poison breath.

Crossbow: Deals damage depending how far they are, as much as 30%, good knock back, around 8 bolts

Shotgun: Will deal 35% depending how close they are. High knock back and 7 shots.

Bomb: From chapter 6. Can be thrown a short distance, huge explosion radius, as strong as peach's bombs.

Clock: Can be used to stun opponents, can be thrown afterwards and will instantly break shields like Mr. Saturn

Rocket launcher: Does 40% and has 3 shots.
Moves fast and moves in a straight line

Throwing knives: 15% damage, 5 knives and can be picked back up

Confidence Pills: Like what he did in Poo Mountain, increases damage, speed, and jump height. His running animation will be him on all fours and he will be able to swim.

Last 20 seconds

Blunderbuss: Extremely short range. 60% damage and only one shot.

Toilet Paper: The opponent will be wrapped in toilet paper. Does no Damage, but opponents will take 2x the damage and it slows them down slightly. You only get one.

Slingshot: Will shoot “fire conkers”, (from the military base) Around 8 shots, does 20%.

Final smash: Conker will ram into the opponent, which sends them to the space station with the airlock open. He will get into his Mech suit and throw them out of the airlock like he did to Heinrich. KOs at 100%
Does 40%

Grab: His grabbing animation will be the one where he grabs money like in game

Pummel: He will punch the opponent, doing 2% each. Average speed

Forward Grab: He will simply throw the opponent, like Mario. 12% and decent knock back

Back Grab: He will put the opponent over his shoulders and throw them, like Dr. Mario. 16% and does the most knock back

Up Grab: He will thrust the opponent up into the air. 8%

Down grab: He throws his opponent down on the ground and slams them with his frying pan, it will bury them. 10%

Costumes:

His N64 outfit (No pants and has gloves)

Neo Conker

Army outfit

King outfit which he wears the crown and his sweatshirt is zipped down

Live and reloaded outfit

Kid Conker

The one where he is the vampire hunter

The one in chapter 6 (Caveman)

Weight: Heavy, 105 units which is between Snake and Link
He was a medium weight in Diddy Kong Racing.
His weapons and items would add to his weight (Like Inkling)
Height: Taller then Mario, but shorter then Luigi.

He was taller then Diddy Kong in DK Racing.
He might’ve grown taller over the years. (He was 12 back then now 16)

His dash speed will be Mario’s speed and his jump height will be inklings.

His air speed will be fairly fast, and his fall speed is average.

Taunts:

His eyes will bulge out his sockets (like with haybot)

He will juggle 3 balls

He will play on his game boy

Victory screens:

A bundle of money will run by him and he will grab it and stuff it into his pocket

He cuts the screen open with his chainsaw

He does the dance he does in rock party.

Stage: Panther Kingdom

Entry animation: A giant skeleton hand will drop him into the battlefield.

Idle animation: He will occasionally put his hands into his pockets. As for Neo conker, they can just add pockets to his suit.

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
You hear that? More dlc characters means more of a chance for Conker. There’s still some hope for him to join Ultimate after all.

Also here are the concepts that I’ve been working on in the past 2 months.

Theme: Conker’s special attacks.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MrStevenson15/status/1168789658517594114

Sadly they didn’t get as much success as the other ones I made, so far.

Edit: No wait, they’re starting to bomb like crazy, thank you so much Morgana J. Cat Morgana J. Cat for getting more people’s attention. :)

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
One thing bothers me though, there isn't any sort of additional Microsoft or Rare content so far besides what we got for the duo, whose spirits are for stuff that's all in this game anyway.

At least we got a Conker-themed color alt.

Last edited:

Cookies N Milk

Smash Apprentice
One thing bothers me though, there isn't any sort of additional Microsoft or Rare content so far besides what we got for the duo, whose spirits are for stuff that's all in this game anyway.

At least we got a Conker-themed color alt.
What was the alt? I was looking for anything conker related and didn’t see anything.

Last edited:

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
I encourage all of you: Lets mobilize and let Nintendo and Sakurai know that the so-called Rare Reunion isn't complete yet! :)

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
I encourage all of you: Lets mobilize and let Nintendo and Sakurai know that the so-called Rare Reunion isn't complete yet! :)
Yes definitely! We need to do the best to call their attention that there’s fan demand for Conker.
I believe this is the best time to share this,
I decided to make a Conker for Smash campaign as another way to call on more Conker fans and get Nintendo’s attention:
https://mobile.twitter.com/ConkerforS

So far, the account only has 2 followers, and one of them is Chris Marlow, the voice actor of the Great Mighty Poo :bee:, now that’s cool.

If any of you are interested, you can follow it on Twitter, the more followers/supporters, the better Conker’s chances of joining Smash, get.
I’ll basically be sharing news or funny concepts involving Conker and Smash, but preferably both.

Viperision

Smash Rookie
So regarding Conker in Smash, what do you guys think his reveal trailer would be like? I would imagine Conker surprising everyone by coming out of nowhere and cutting someone up with his chainsaw or knocking someone out with his bat and than saying afterwards "The king, is back motherbuzzer!" Splash screen "Conker Has A Bad Fur Day!" Cuts to gameplay footage. Scene after gameplay footage: Conker is having a drink of Lon Lon Milk with DK, Diddy, Banjo & Kazooie, and Young Link. "It sure is great to be back home guys!" Falls over and is passed out from drinking too much Lon Lon Milk.
I never played any Smash series title unfortunately as of yet, but am interested in Conker and his appearance there. Anyway, I am imagining his titular logo-cutting chainsaw sequence, with a white cylindric (coin-like) thing that gets those 2 cuts to form the Smash logo as the stupid logo he massacres this time. N64 CBFD-esque introduction where only a chainsaw appears from the complete darkness (though given some more time than 2 seconds to start cutting and be introduced on-screen this time). Only technical issue at it I can predict is thickness of those cuts and that there are 2 of them requiring him unusual 2 cuts, but the second could be quickly made after he is introduced and visible on the screen. Unsure what then.

For humorous purposes of course, and this time he isn't massacring a logo but creating it, but nonetheless it indeed could be seen as a violent introduction. He shouldn't get toned down, 'cos what's there to tone down, he's a decent guy when not drunk with his personality quirks that makes this character charming and unique while still keeping him an E10+ character. Dunno, perhaps the Smash envelope can also act as the Cash thing [so, you want some sealed stuff]. Like later in the game, chainsaw wouldn't be included as a weapon, that'd be too violent.

Nesysli

Smash Apprentice
Imagine his reveal trailer being a continuation of the K.Rool/Banjo trailers. It shows DK, Diddy, K.Rool & now Banjo chilling half asleep on the floor. Then you see a dollar bill glide across the room, they all lazily look at it but then wake up and chase it frantically! They bust through the window yet again and see that a dark figure caught it, revealing Conker.

Conker could totally work within the E10+ rating. Neutral B - Frying Pan. Up B - Helicoptery-tail thingy, Side B - Throwing knives, Down B - Brings out his guns like the "War" part of the game. Final Smash - A lot of ideas here but imagine Conker running into an opponent and then they fall into that dark pit where you met Gregg when you first die. They fall down, Gregg appears and says "Looks like it's the last one down for you mate." and the reaps them. It'd be a great way to give him a cameo and they can even put the little tail and life number in the top right of the screen.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Hey Chris Seavor is in the Smash Brothers credits. That’s so cool!!!

Believe it or not, Chris actually did the voice for Peppy in Star Fox 64 and Star Fox Adventures back in the day. He's probably on the credits because of the Corneria codex still being in the games after all these years since Melee.

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Bump. I refuse to let this thread go by the wayside.

Maybe a discord would help too?
I’m with you.
But I must explore more about Discord first.

I never played any Smash series title unfortunately as of yet, but am interested in Conker and his appearance there. Anyway, I am imagining his titular logo-cutting chainsaw sequence, with a white cylindric (coin-like) thing that gets those 2 cuts to form the Smash logo as the stupid logo he massacres this time. N64 CBFD-esque introduction where only a chainsaw appears from the complete darkness (though given some more time than 2 seconds to start cutting and be introduced on-screen this time). Only technical issue at it I can predict is thickness of those cuts and that there are 2 of them requiring him unusual 2 cuts, but the second could be quickly made after he is introduced and visible on the screen. Unsure what then.

For humorous purposes of course, and this time he isn't massacring a logo but creating it, but nonetheless it indeed could be seen as a violent introduction. He shouldn't get toned down, 'cos what's there to tone down, he's a decent guy when not drunk with his personality quirks that makes this character charming and unique while still keeping him an E10+ character. Dunno, perhaps the Smash envelope can also act as the Cash thing [so, you want some sealed stuff]. Like later in the game, chainsaw wouldn't be included as a weapon, that'd be too violent.
I like your idea, but are you suggesting to have that in his reveal trailer, or maybe a taunt or a victory pose?
And yeah the envelope coming by with the classic Rareware googly eyes saying something like “so you want to Smash stuff eh?” is brilliant.
And I agree, Conker doesn’t need to be toned down to be in Smash, I mean he’s easily one of the most PG characters in the whole BFD, so I believe he can stay perfectly true to himself, even without booze and piss.
Also I’d like to point out that one of the FE characters has a freaking chainsaw sword.
45D5C855-CE79-48CA-A710-B52D0946C8DD.png

So fortunately I doubt Conker’s chainsaw would be seen as ‘too violent’.

Imagine his reveal trailer being a continuation of the K.Rool/Banjo trailers. It shows DK, Diddy, K.Rool & now Banjo chilling half asleep on the floor. Then you see a dollar bill glide across the room, they all lazily look at it but then wake up and chase it frantically! They bust through the window yet again and see that a dark figure caught it, revealing Conker.

Conker could totally work within the E10+ rating. Neutral B - Frying Pan. Up B - Helicoptery-tail thingy, Side B - Throwing knives, Down B - Brings out his guns like the "War" part of the game. Final Smash - A lot of ideas here but imagine Conker running into an opponent and then they fall into that dark pit where you met Gregg when you first die. They fall down, Gregg appears and says "Looks like it's the last one down for you mate." and the reaps them. It'd be a great way to give him a cameo and they can even put the little tail and life number in the top right of the screen.
Yeah, then after Conker reveals to be himself and not another character pretending to be him, he can break the 4th wall and say something like “what? Did you really thought that they would make the same joke three times?
I’m really glad to see more people convinced that Conker can work without M-rated aspects.
Also nice job on the moveset, I specially loved your idea for a final smash. Would **** my pants if I saw Gregg interacting with other characters.

Believe it or not, Chris actually did the voice for Peppy in Star Fox 64 and Star Fox Adventures back in the day. He's probably on the credits because of the Corneria codex still being in the games after all these years since Melee.
Yeah, that’s insane.
He also did Grunty.
I haven’t been this much surprised since I found out that Luke Skywalker is the Joker from Batman the Animated Series.

Viperision

Smash Rookie
I think the guy behind those videos is a beast, the animation and voice is spot on perfect for me. However, are you joking about that last part because I don't think I want to talk about that!
Those were promotional animations initially available on the original CBFD website (it's on Internet Archive but the toonz themselves weren't archived; made sure to have them archived in a Flash archivation project), and the voice is Conker himself so of course it's spot on lol.

I like your idea, but are you suggesting to have that in his reveal trailer, or maybe a taunt or a victory pose? And yeah the envelope coming by with the classic Rareware googly eyes saying something like “so you want to Smash stuff eh?” is brilliant. And I agree, Conker doesn’t need to be toned down to be in Smash, I mean he’s easily one of the most PG characters in the whole BFD, so I believe he can stay perfectly true to himself, even without booze and piss. Also I’d like to point out that one of the FE characters has a freaking chainsaw sword. So fortunately I doubt Conker’s chainsaw would be seen as ‘too violent’. I’m really glad to see more people convinced that Conker can work without M-rated aspects.
The reveal trailer only, under that description of the scene at least, unsure for really letting the chainsaw be a taunt 'cos Conker already has a whole arsenal of fair idle animations. In fact a whole arsenal of everything for any purpose in Smash, isn't it? So, the titular chainsaw should keep its tradition as is, even if it'd have a pass as a fight-weapon, there's something charming and unique in that thing being for violent entrances and logo carving.
For the "M" thing, like everyone says, the environment Conker's in made up for all those "M"-rating descriptions. Smash doesn't have any beer, though it'd be so hilarious if anything regarding it could make an unlikely appearance getting keg-tanked in a Rock Solid-themed stage, but beer, pissing and that stuff isn't so necessary despite being the main descriptor IGNorant article writers use together with "foul-mouthed". His character is well developed and kept as, early and throughout the whole game, with "well developed" meaning it isn't a generic stereotype those descriptions put him up as, but I guess it really is difficult to describe Conker faithfully in a few words. My point being he alone isn't to even be a subject of comparison to the current "M" fighters. He's easily even "E" if not for talking, but using any notable weapons which easily compare to current E10+ ones like you do say.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Another point to consider:

In Smash we hardly see the rude side of Kazooie at all beyond those egg farts. And her idle animation with Banjo has them playfully rib each other rather than bickering.

So, toning down Conker wouldn't be that difficult.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Another point to consider:

In Smash we hardly see the rude side of Kazooie at all beyond those egg farts. And her idle animation with Banjo has them playfully rib each other rather than bickering.

So, toning down Conker wouldn't be that difficult.
I agree. I think Conker can be toned down to the point in Smash where he doesn't seem like a drinken, pervert, toilet mouth, violent squirrel.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I'm so sorry for being gone for so long. More DLC characters, bigger chances for Conker. Not sure how likely he is in all honesty, but screw it, he still has his chance!!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm so sorry for being gone for so long. More DLC characters, bigger chances for Conker. Not sure how likely he is in all honesty, but screw it, he still has his chance!!
Welcome back lad!

I will say, his biggest chance would be if Microsoft's willing to push in for a little more of their stuff in here later on in this cycle.

Also, zero presence of the Blast Corps and JFG spirit data. While they may not come with any particular character due to the way that DLC spirit boards work, it's conspicuously odd to just leave them out (or, rather, in the game's cart) like that.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
You’re back, Hooray!!!! :)
And yes, it’s important to keep in mind that he definitely has a chance this time, wether it’s a big or small one.

And I mean, at least there’s no Conker spirit in sight so that’s definitely a plus.

I agree. I think Conker can be toned down to the point in Smash where he doesn't seem like a drinken, pervert, toilet mouth, violent squirrel.
I personally think they should tone down Conker to the point where he doesn’t look like an alcoholic (tho that can be implied or maybe mentioned in Palutena’s guidance).
He’s never really been that much of a pervert or a foul mouthed character, as for the violence, well considering that there are already a few characters with a really aggressive personality and set of weapons, I really don’t think they should tone him down in that aspect.

013F7DBD-1141-46E2-85F7-091B4AA8C155.jpeg
2D6177C5-B8B5-410D-8F1E-1A20F2AAB531.jpeg

99A88623-2CAD-412C-84A8-4D45DD1F0164.jpeg

0CA0C323-8CC9-4C25-8C53-D03EABADF82C.jpeg

I’m pretty sure Sakurai would be ok with giving him weapons like those. As long as there’s no blood, it’s all cool.
At least he’s only violent when he has to be.

Last edited:

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
I’m with you.
But I must explore more about Discord first.
Please do. The key to a successful character campaign is to be as organized and professional in what you do as possible. Now is the time to strike, though, while these new fighters may still be being decided on.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Reminder that no content at all = bad. It'll take much longer to earn support if Conker isn't seen anywhere by the next game. Take example on the Goemon fans, who have taken him showing up as a costume well and it incited them to act for possible awareness raising (campaigning for a Goemon collection in Japan would be a start).

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

Mr. Stevenson Mr. Stevenson Your drawings are always so cool! You're really talented dude.

Reminder that no content at all = bad. It'll take much longer to earn support if Conker isn't seen anywhere by the next game. Take example on the Goemon fans, who have taken him showing up as a costume well and it incited them to act for possible awareness raising (campaigning for a Goemon collection in Japan would be a start).
How can we raise awareness for Conker in Japan? Japan is definitely a big playing field when it comes to Smash. But aside from Diddy Kong Racing, he has virtually no presence in Japan.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Mr. Stevenson Mr. Stevenson Your drawings are always so cool! You're really talented dude.

How can we raise awareness for Conker in Japan? Japan is definitely a big playing field when it comes to Smash. But aside from Diddy Kong Racing, he has virtually no presence in Japan.
Live & Reloaded was released in Japan. But I don't know how well it was received there.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, Ridley got a huge push by Westerners and got in despite Metroid mostly not getting the time of day over in Japan.

As it was pointed out in this thread, Conker fans do exist over there, but it'd be impossible to cast them in a net unless a big enough Twitter following is organised.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well, Ridley got a huge push by Westerners and got in despite Metroid mostly not getting the time of day over in Japan.

As it was pointed out in this thread, Conker fans do exist over there, but it'd be impossible to cast them in a net unless a big enough Twitter following is organised.
And it wouldn't surprise me if it was Goemon fans in Japan that got him that Mii costume.

TheBeastHimself

Maybe we should start a Twitter account for Conker, kind of like what people do for Isaac and Geno. I feel like Twitter is one of the best places to get attention for Conker because it's a mainstream platform with tons of video game fans from all over the world, compared to SmashBoards, a site where not every Smash fan goes on. With Banjo out of the way, Conker might be an appealing idea for a lot of people.

Last edited:
Top Bottom