• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Baby's Gotta Do What a Baby's Gotta Do - Tommy Pickles Support Thread

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Tommy_Pickles.png

Who is Tommy?
Tommy is the one-year old protagonist of Rugrats, a show that aired from 1991 to 2004, which followed the daily lives of a group of babies as their imaginations take them on wild adventures in seemingly mundane environments. Tommy was the brave and courageous leader, always keeping his trusty screwdriver handy in his diaper.

What can he do?
Tommy has quite a few toys at his disposal for use in his moveset, such as his trusty screwdriver as well as his ball. There are plenty of other toys Tommy can use for his moveset. He would be different from Lincoln in this regard due to his younger age, which would open up more possibilities for attacks.

Why Tommy?
Tommy is one of Nick's most popular and iconic characters. He was the mascot of Nick before SpongeBob was a thing. Rugrats is also a huge IP with enduring legacy, and recently got a revival that Nick might want to promote with a new Rugrats rep. But, it's time to get the elephant out of the room.

He's a baby! You can't fight a baby!
This is a common argument against additional Rugrats reps, and it's misguided. While Tommy is only 1, he is far from a helpless baby due to him being far more intelligent and he's also no stranger to violence in his own show. He was also playable in the mobile app Super Brawl Universe alongside his cousin Angelica, showing that Nick doesn't mind letting people beat up Tommy. They could get past this argument by using his All Grown Up incarnation, but his AGU version is far less popular and has far less moveset potential.

And go here if you want to support his preteen form instead: https://smashboards.com/threads/all...shout-it-out-agu-tommy-support-thread.516698/

Supporters
tonygameman tonygameman
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario

Last edited:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Funny thing you brought this character up! I used to watch the original version of Rugrats lots of times as a young child and almost cried in joy when a Paramount+ reboot was announced (though it ended up being at least okay), so I'm supporting this, for sure.

While I was in Ludosity's official Discord server of All-Star Brawl (I was unfairly perma-banned after a scam bot caught my account. Don't believe I'll ever return there even after it was fixed), I once made a old template moveset of Tommy himself right below here (most aerial attacks are occasionally similar to grounded ones; maybe even give other toys as replacements like a jumprope, blocks, jack-in-the-box, etc. and his Neutral Special a chocolate milk by charging the move, which does more damage).
If Final Smash-based ultimate/finisher moves existed in Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl, I would've added that giant Reptar mech suit/robot from Rugrats in Paris: The Movie's climax, for sure. Also, his home stage would be EuroReptarland since Reptar already has Teeter-Totter Gulch.

Alternatively, maybe we would have both baby and All Grown Up selves in one slot with a "stance switch"-like move, allowing for spraying soda instead of milk, copying the Neutral Special with his camera (unlike April's), using the climbing rope for a tether recovery and various different objects based on some episodes from both shows.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
This thread is specifically focused on Tommy's original, 1 year old form. I might make a separate thread for Tommy's AGU incarnation.

Top Bottom