• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

9th BEST Results 9/8

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
Melee Singles (15 entrants $5 entry. Payouts were rounded because we didn't have quarters at the time):
1: Honeybadger :falcomelee: :foxmelee: $41
2: Kwan :dkmelee: $22
3: Dudutsai :jigglypuffmelee: $8
4: Zaandaa :roymelee: :falconmelee: $4
5: Tangerine Ben
5: Will M
7: Adam R
7: Zhea :falconmelee:
9: Matt I
9: John O
9: UMAD
9: TSE
13: Bowie
13: Adam F
13: Will R

Bracket:

[COLLAPSE="Bracket"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Melee Doubles (5 teams round robin):

1. Honeybadger + Dudutsai $30
2. Zaaaaaandaaaaaa + Kwan $15
3. Zhea + Tangerine Ben $5
4. Adam R + John O
5. Will R + Will M

Brawl Singles: (19 entrants):
1: Omega Tyrant :dedede: :wolf: $52.25
2: No Skillz :marth: :fox: $28.50
3: Calm :wario: :popo: $9.50
4: Vibe :marth: $4.75
5: Varun :toonlink:
5: Metal Pat :rob: :snake:
7: Thomas :diddy:
7: CAC :dk2: :falco:
9: Shahnt :fox:
9: Adam S :peach:
9: Matt J :ness2:
9: Chris R :lucas:

Bracket:

[COLLAPSE="Bracket"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Pool Results (top 3 advanced):

Pool 1:

[COLLAPSE="Pool 1"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Pool 2:

[COLLAPSE="Pool 2"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Pool 3:

[COLLAPSE="Pool 3"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Pool 4:
[COLLAPSE="Pool 4"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Brawl Doubles (6 Teams round robin):

1. No Skillz + Omega Tyrant $36
2. Metal Pat + Vibe $18
3. Mako + Matt J $6

A couple of things. Tio was closed without some things being saved. I'm am now 100% sure the Brawl bracket is accurate. Melee is still questionable past 4th place. I also cannot find the Brawl doubles round robin sheet. It may have been left at the venue. The top 3 are there but if anyone remembers teams that would be helpful. I didn't enter teams so I'm at a loss. Help me fill in character usage too. Mostly good for Brawl, but not for Melee.

And finally, VIBE GET ****in RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPED. Dat pause do

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
Thanks to Calm and whoever else helped TO. I had to leave for a while but luckily didn't have to forfeit Melee even though I said I would.

All videos I recorded are now up on my youtube channel. Most of Brawl, lots of MetalPat, and most of late Melee singles bracket. http://www.youtube.com/user/sandaasu1010

Next Troy tournament is 10th BEST. That's December 1. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=325213

Also, all but one game of my wins in bracket were with Roy. I only played Falcon for the dumb Roy matchups like Jigglypuff and Samus and to stomp Marth eight times in a row.

No_Skillz

Smash Apprentice
i never played metalpat at this, i dont even use white marth. that was some random fan of mine using my tag, plz change the title my marth is so much faster than that guy :/

1: Omega Tyrant - ahatchyu
2: No Skillz - You won Money and got free pizza on the way home.. it was a good day
3: Calm - you beat CAC, Metal Pat, and Vibe in a row, that wifi practice is clearly paying off
4: Vibe - Salt
5: Varun - GGs
5: Metal Pat - Dat wildcard
7: Thomas - Ma boi, good **** against Varun man just keep your cool next time and dont try to force the kill
7: CAC - GGs always scary playing your DK

I lost a black GC controller at this, anyone know about it?

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
2. No skillz - Nice job on the placing, and for finally not losing to someone you can beat in loser bracket. I would advise you though to start training a lot more with Fox and playing him much more often in friendlies. I've noticed you barely play him in friendlies against me, while always going to him in tournament when you start losing with Marth. And outside that one time against me at Scratch Dat, it hasn't worked for you. If you're relying on matchup surprise, it won't work that often, and when it does, you can only use it so many times before your opponent catches on.

3. Calm - I'm surprised with how well you did. I was expecting myself, NS/Vibe, and Pat to make up the top four, with CAC being the wild card. And instead, you take third tearing through loser bracket defeating CAC, Pat, and Vibe. Seems that wifi has been working for you :p

4. Vibe - Shame we didn't get to play, there goes our streak of playing each other in bracket at every BEST.

5. Metal Pat - I never edgeguarded Snake so well before. I think learning ICs will be your best option for dealing with Dedede :p

7. CAC - Your Falco looked sharp as usual, it gave me quite the scare in our pools match. There was a bracket oversight though where you were placed on the same side as Calm, thus resulting in you two playing in loser bracket so early. Otherwise you would have certainly gotten at least the other 5th spot.

9. Shahnt - That's a decent Fox you have, though you'll want to smash much less often, especially with up smash (you don't want to stale it before your opponent reaches kill percentage).

9. Matt J - I really should have something worthwhile to say after all the friendlies we did, though I'm afraid I don't remember enough to be able to. If you're maining Ness/Lucas though, you should really look into picking up a secondary to deal with characters that can heavily abuse your grab release issues.

Mako - Did you forfeit, or just decided to leave early? It was surprising to see you come out to this alone.

Zaandaa - If you decide to tackle one of the Melee 1P modes on very hard again, I'm capable of giving some advice, I used to play the **** out of them back in the day before Brawl ;p

Overall I enjoyed this tournament. The venue was nice as usual, and things getting done on time is always a plus. Also, next time, if I'm sent the tio file (or able to save it on my SD card), I would be willing to post the results. It'll take some work off the TOs, and I can pretty much guarantee getting them up the same night of the tournament.

No_Skillz

Smash Apprentice
2. No skillz - Nice job on the placing, and for finally not losing to someone you can beat in loser bracket. I would advise you though to start training a lot more with Fox and playing him much more often in friendlies. I've noticed you barely play him in friendlies against me, while always going to him in tournament when you start losing with Marth. And outside that one time against me at Scratch Dat, it hasn't worked for you. If you're relying on matchup surprise, it won't work that often, and when it does, you can only use it so many times before your opponent catches on.
It's not really that i'm trying to catch you off guard with fox anymore by not using him in friendlies.. he's just not that fun to play lol. You're right though, ill try suffering through his boring play style to practice.

lol @ MetalPat vs Random No Skillz Fan

Tse

Smash Cadet
I remember tying with someone for 5th. I beat Tangerineben, I lost to some Sheik in first round winners, I beat a marth player (matt - his RL name). I lost to dudutsai for my second elimination

Shoutouts to dudutsai for destroying my horrible DI and for driving Binghamton to Albany.

shoutouts to ben for getting better with fox; just work on your spacing and dash dance more.

shoutouts to matt hope you keep training with marth and I hope you'll be here for 10th best

shoutouts to the sheik player i played; those tips helped, huh? :p

shoutouts to the TOs for hosting the tournament. 1st best I've been to

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
It's not really that i'm trying to catch you off guard with fox anymore by not using him in friendlies.. he's just not that fun to play lol. You're right though, ill try suffering through his boring play style to practice.
Why second him though if you find him boring? :p

No_Skillz

Smash Apprentice
Why second him though if you find him boring? :p
well i use falco a lot more so i like to think of falco as my second even though my fox usually does better against DDDs ROBs and MKs

i used to find him fun when i was first starting out because of his simplicity (dair to uptilt or grab then repeat) but now that i've advanced in tech skill i realize he doesnt require any (cept for SHTL) making him a boring character to me. he feels so limited, almost like ive peaked with him as a character

MetalPat

Smash Ace
wild card? wut?

also, i have all the johns in the world, but everyone who beat me played really well regardless, so congrats.

shoutouts eventually when i dont have tests to study for

edit: i did play ganon and in a couple in pools, so it would be nice to see that too.

MetalPat

Smash Ace
1: Omega Tyrant $52.25- i honestly had no doubt youd win this. congrats.
2: No Skillz $28.50 - honestly you always place better than i think you will, goodjob
3: Calm $9.50 - I don't know what youve been doing but your wario has DEFINITELY improved, like alot, either that or ive gotten alot worse. really surprised me during this.
4: Vibe $4.75 - wheres that 1st or 2nd place bro, we slackin.
5: Varun - nice toon link, just learn some more projectile spams like the toon link wall and i thinkyou would be able to do alot better.
5: Metal Pat - it's okay, you have a life.
7: Thomas -
7: CAC - im honestly always afraid of running into you in bracket. i dont think i've ever beat you in bracket...
9: Chris R - congrats on getting out of pools, but i honestly figured you were gonna get top 7 at least. hope to see you again man

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
1: Omega Tyrant - So yeah, didn't play you. Was super prepared to whip out ZSS on you. Oh well.
2: No Skillz - Should have just stayed Wario against you, but didn't really care at that point. You space well.
3: Calm - I am soooooooooooooooo awesome.
4: Vibe - I already said it and would be too easy to do it again. Don't pause the game when mashing. Fingers shouldn't be anywhere near that button. You'll get me next time I'm sure, but it's nice to finally take a set from you.
5: Metal Pat - Glad I redeemed myself for pools. I hate ROB. ggs.
7: CAC - Sorry I was on your side of the bracket in losers, you would have at least gotten 5th on the other side. DK grab releases on Wario blow. Thankfully there's that chainthrow, so that helped me come back several times.

To the rest of the new people. I hope you guys stick with it and enjoy the competitive scene.

No_Skillz

Smash Apprentice
^ yea its a shame i wanted everyone to see my greatness, it was a true underdog story about a little marth main who never gave up hope against a big bad DDD, till he lost the first set of grand finals and went Fox

Top Bottom