• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U 9.0 No life loss build suggestions

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Not really on the original thread topic, but I have now defeated Master Fortress with every character (minus the Amiibos). That was actually surprisingly fun to do. I think ~18 characters beat it on 9.0.

NidoMay

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4897-6023-8031
I didn't think you could use amiibos in classic could you? Or did you just mean miis?

I can't do this challenge, legit can't. Almost got a regular beat of MF on my first try but since then the cpu's cheated that badly, I can't even get that far. Seriously, was it really neccessary for them to dodge everything in the air and no be subject to any finishing lag at all? I mean if anything really needs fixing it's the damn ai. There's not even any real exploits one could pull like on the 3ds.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
My record is 8.5 with Bowser and Fox. I don't honestly care anymore, I find it more frustrating than fun.

SwordM13X24

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sword
3DS FC
4227-4395-5715

U-mos

Smash Rookie
NNID
Keith_Anyan
I did it yesterday with Ike without any customizations.
Actually that was pretty hard, and you got to be a little lucky to go through the 5 first stages. A bad item can pop up at every moment and ruin your hopes. A good point with Ike (and every character with a counter) is that you don't fear the hammers. After that, the Mii's stage is pretty easy if you play carefully (do not touch any containers, and throw the bombs away), then the Master Core is doable if you use the counter properly (which implies to know the patterns of each MS form). Ike inflicts heavy damage to MS with his smash/aerials/counter, but again you got to play very carefully, especially against the Swords. Once you get use to it, the Master Fortress is piece of cake.

In my opinion, being patient, playing carefully and learning by trying is the best way to succeed. No real skills needed

Last edited:

SoopaDerpcat

Smash Cadet
The closest I ever got was a custom Bowser Junior. While I don't remember all of the equipment details, he was set up in such a way that he had a small boost to every stat, and none of the equipment had any special effects.

The main point of me posting this, though, is that Meteor Ejection and Big Mechakoopa are spectacular anti-CPU and especially anti-FMT moves. They're both long-ranged attacks that are decently powerful and can hit numerous foes at once and, in spite of what you'd expect, the CPUs don't really get "used" to them and tend to get hit by them quite easily.

In fact, the only reason I DIDN'T win is that I literally timed out in the final room of Master Fortress and ragequit.

nonbinarysmasher

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chaosmagic
I did it with a char im good at with
attack and defense in the positive
and auto heal
with defense in the negatives.
9.0seems pretty difficult at first
but as you play it more and more you will find that it isnt so bad

Last edited:

SoopaDerpcat

Smash Cadet
I really hope buying custom equipment with gold becomes a possibility in a future update. I don't think I've ever actually gotten any vampire or autohealer equipment yet, the closest thing I've found being shoes that slowly heal you while you crouch. They're...not very useful.

On a semi-related note, does playing on a higher difficulty in modes where you can unlock custom parts raise your chances of finding better ones?

Last edited:

David Wonn

Smash Ace
^

Although I do occasionally pick up auto heal equipment while letting the game play itself (e.g. Amiibo battles or Smash Tour), I run into better equipment far more often in higher difficulty levels of play. Crazy Orders is by far the best way to get the best equipment, especially in later rounds.

So to sum up, it all depends on your goal: If your target is quantity of equipment, then let the game play itself. But if your target is the quality of equipment then nothing beats Crazy Orders.

NintendoSebastian

Smash Rookie
I just did it with Ike. I used Legendary Sword, King's Cape, and Auto-Healer Cape (+85, +75, -101) for equipment and Furious Eruption, Unyielding Blade, Aether Drive, and Smash Counter (3323) for special moves. Furious Eruption can be charged between forms of Master Core and can hit the higher cores in Master Fortress pretty hard to avoid dealing with enemies that spawn after hitting the cores. Unyielding Blade gives super armor to approach/kill CPUs. Aether Drive gives horizontal and vertical recovery. Smash Counter destroys crowds of CPUs, the Hands, Master Beast, and Master Blades. Avoid BS stages and countering CPUs if you can, and don't yield your blade unless you need to recover or counter. Against Master Cores forms, use aerials or U-smashes when you can't counter. I countered Master Beast's electric attack, and the counter lasted long enough to avoid the whole electric attack.

Top Bottom