• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

8th gen Pokemon for another Fighters Pass thread!

andree123

Smash Ace

This is about any Pokemon that appeared in Gen 8, with Sword and Shield coming, could we see the Pokemon company wanting Sakurai to choose a Pokemon from gen 8 for DLC after those first 6 DLC fighters or we may not get them at all?

Sword and Shield Directs

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Pokémon Sword & Shield looks amazing. Love the new region. Reminds me of United Kingdom. The new starters look meh. Hopefully they look better when they evolve.

I doubt they will get in Smash Ultimate. Maybe Smash 6.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Pokémon Sword & Shield looks amazing. Love the new region. Reminds me of United Kingdom. The new starters look meh. Hopefully they look better when they evolve.

I doubt they will get in Smash Ultimate. Maybe Smash 6.
reminds me of just england

i support all three

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Quick on the thread creation :O
For me it really depends on the evolutions, but definitely possible for one of those to be a cool addition :)

Voe

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't be surprised if the final evolution of one of the starters ended up as a DLC Fighter, which makes me even more eager to find out what the starter evos look like. Say if we do end up getting a final evo Pokemon from one of the starters for DLC, would that Pokemon be the final DLC fighter? It would line up close to when Sword and Shield releases.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
My brother and I were talking about the chances we could get a Gen 8 Pokemon as DLC and we noticed something interesting. The new region is called the gallor region(or something like that, I'm awful at spelling), which is really close to the British word gallus. A google search for the definition gave me the definition of gallus to be bold, daring, or reckless, which is awfully close to..... brave.

Obviously, this all depends on when the DLC were selected and when the name for the region was set, as well as a few other variables between the two games, but interesting nonetheless. I doubt brave is a gen 8 pokemon, but it's as good as most theories floating around at the moment

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'm on team Scorbunny and I would be fine with it becoming playable.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I wouldn't be surprised if the final evolution of one of the starters ended up as a DLC Fighter, which makes me even more eager to find out what the starter evos look like. Say if we do end up getting a final evo Pokemon from one of the starters for DLC, would that Pokemon be the final DLC fighter? It would line up close to when Sword and Shield releases.
No idea, although I wouldn't be shocked if any of these lads got suggested by Nintendo to Sakurai. Getting looked at shortly before a new Pokémon gen started is pretty much how :ultincineroar: got picked, after all.

Though Melmetal's chances are toast now.

Last edited:

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
I see a thread for the rabbit and the lizard but none for the grass monkey (that funky monkey)?

Voe

Smash Journeyman
My brother and I were talking about the chances we could get a Gen 8 Pokemon as DLC and we noticed something interesting. The new region is called the gallor region(or something like that, I'm awful at spelling), which is really close to the British word gallus. A google search for the definition gave me the definition of gallus to be bold, daring, or reckless, which is awfully close to..... brave.

Obviously, this all depends on when the DLC were selected and when the name for the region was set, as well as a few other variables between the two games, but interesting nonetheless. I doubt brave is a gen 8 pokemon, but it's as good as most theories floating around at the moment
You might be on to something here. Maybe when the starter's evolutions are revealed it could give us a better idea on who could be Brave.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You might be on to something here. Maybe when the starter's evolutions are revealed it could give us a better idea on who could be Brave.
If the Pokémon in question slides, then there will be no doubt. Sobble, because water, or Scorbunny, because too fast too furious.

And I did figure that Brave would be someone that no one has guessed. Speaking of things that no one would be able to figure out…

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...suda_tease_pokemon_sword_and_shield_last_year

I see a thread for the rabbit and the lizard but none for the grass monkey (that funky monkey)?
Has one now. Unfortunately, the region name got misspelled in the thread's title.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
comes out late 2019 dlc of smash ends in 2020

if they had seen blueprints of the starters final forms or legendaries or whatever pokemon just like greninja and incineroar while making the decison of the 5 dlc packages

its unstoppable you know nintendo can't resist promotion pokemon games plus gen 8 would be stale by the time smash 6 came out so gen 9 for smash 6

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
comes out late 2019 dlc of smash ends in 2020

if they had seen blueprints of the starters final forms or legendaries or whatever pokemon just like greninja and incineroar while making the decison of the 5 dlc packages

its unstoppable you know nintendo can't resist promotion pokemon games plus gen 8 would rotate out by the time smash 6 came out so gen 9 for smash 6
Plans upon plans upon plans. Could they have played 4D chess the whole time? I mean, strike while the iron's hot and all (just not with Melmetal, who's going to go the way of Marill at this point, as far as promotion goes). And if we're getting a :ultcorrinf:, might as well be from a franchise that more people are actually excited about.

Last edited:

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
Not impossible but would not look forward to another Pokemon. A better chance for gen8 is Smash 6 if roster rebooted. I think at this point unless Nintendo force promotions, it's hard to tell if the new revealed Pokemons in the following months would receive greater fans demand than the old ones

BlueJaySSB

Poggers my Doggers
I think this thread makes sense and is decently likely. Nintendo has done a promotion character before (Corrin) and this is one of their most popular IPs. It just lines pretty well in a business sense. That being said. I am a supporter.

Flik

Smash Journeyman
So, we've had final evolutions that are a samurai and a ninja, so I bet dollars to donuts that one in here will be a knight, to capitalise on the Britain motif.
Deep down I want this pokemon (wielding a sword and shield, obviously) in Smash Bros because 1) "More swordfighters, yeah!" and 2) "Great, more swordfighters." lol

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Deep down I want this pokemon (wielding a sword and shield, obviously) in Smash Bros because 1) "More swordfighters, yeah!" and 2) "Great, more swordfighters." lol
and itll annoy the anti-anime swordsmen crowd which is a plus

EmperorCoal

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5396-2021-6143
I love Pokemon but I can't say I'm all too supportive of throwing another on the roster yet, after all we just got Biggs the Cat to join as one of the few newcomers. That said if it comes any certain typing we lack that y'all would like to see translated into a fighter? Perhaps something ghost-ish would be interesting.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Hmm, maybe Steel? That type hasn't been a fighter in Smash, to my knowledge.

Also, depending on when the game will be out, I imagine there would be enough time between Sword/Shield's release and whenever the final pass character slot unveiling is to get enough people familiarised with the starters to like them, if there is indeed one in the pass.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So there's some new art. This might be a fake leak of the starter evolutions, but it's worth bringing up.

My baby is a goon I love it and hate it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom