• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eastern Washington Bi-Weeklies! ~Next Tourney~ [11/17/07]

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
this is our thread now dedicated to the eastern WA community as well as the spokane Bi weeklys known as Sporly.

SpOrly Super Smash Bros. Melee tournament held in Spokane, WA every other weekend (or so). It usually takes place at Arti's house, but sometimes tournaments are run elsewhere for locations, directions, dates, past resulults and more check the sporly smashwiki page.

Everyone is welcome. Start time is always 2pm.

smashwiki link: http://www.smashwiki.com/wiki/Sporly

our Sporly Rules - allways subject to change depending on attendence:

1 VS. 1

double elimination

5$ entry - will not be raised to accomadate out of towners.

two out of three in both the loser and winner bracket

4 stock

8:00 minutes

No Items

All characters are available

Character switching is allowed

Players should bring their own controllers

No glitches, exploits or stall tactics (i.e., Ice Climber's freeze glitch, etc.)

wobbles : legal

Brackets are created on ALJ's Tournment maker 2.1 and are categorized by location/crew.

Random (nutral) stages are: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium

Loser counter picks a stage or can choose to go random.

banned stages include : Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Flatzone, Mushroom Kingdom, Venom, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Yoshi's Island 64, Big Blue and Termina Bay.

everything else is fair game for counter-pick

A 2v2 tournment may be played if enuff people wish. The buy in is 5$ a TEAM.

-Credit goes to arti and SW.SW for leaving this thread up to me.Arti,I will update this thread whenever you tell me there is going to be another sporly.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
I'd like to know who in the general spokane area plays this game anymore, or anyone that would be willing to make a drive to play. I'm thinking about setting up a tourney just outside of spokane on highway 291, there's a pizza parlor there that would probably let us use their place for the day. Anybody be interested in doing that?

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
Premium
BRoomer
I am at school in Idaho right now, but my hometown is Richland. I know some guys in the Tri-cities who still play I think. They just haven't been around the boards recently. Also, what happened to the member Peaches? He lived in Spokane, I thought.

Peaches

Smash Lord
Sounds great. I haven't been playing or on the forums for a long time. If you set something up, I'll try to go out of my way to make it. BTW, I've been playing a lot more Street Fighter and ITG lately.

EDIT: I'm suprised so many people remember me.

Deva

Smash Lord
Man, Peaches.... You don't know how long I've been trying to find you. I live in Spokane Near The Arena. The only people I have been able to play are some close friends for the past six years...we've been trying to put together a Spokane league group and were wondering if you would like to help us out. I would definately love to come to your tournament and I'd bring at least four other skilled players. PM me so we can get in touch. You can't imagine playing this game for six years in Eastern Washington. No good players. No good tourneys. No good rep.... Wait ....you do know what it' like.:(

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
hey peaches long time no see! I'm going to talk to the owner sometime this week and I'll try to get a time set, I was thinking about the 11th of November. Hope everyone will be there!

@Buzz or Deva did either of you make it to the spokane tourney that was last year at the guys apartment?

Deva

Smash Lord
@Buzz or Deva did either of you make it to the spokane tourney that was last year at the guys apartment?
Sorry, like I said, I've only been able to play close friends and my younger brother for the past six years. Don't get me wrong, we've been keeping up with the latest vids of the pros and browsing websites for new techs and skills, it's just that I only found out about this site earlier this month. The only touraments I've been to are small ones set up by me and my group, usually just to pwn some random n00bs that think they know how to play. Maybe that's what's kept me going this long. The feeling of having some guy say "Dude, I could own you at that game," and then me just pretending to be modest and say "Oh you probably could." Then after lawnmowering the n00b, acting all cool and saying "hey, good match," while I know how pathetic they mut be feeling inside. :laugh:
I'd love to play some skilled players other than my usual group so I'll try to get November 11 free to stop by. I'll see how many from my group will be able to attend as well.

Note: Hey Buzz, I'm dying to see a Y.Link ditto between You and my brother. He's only 14, but he's got some of the weirdest mind games I've ever seen even after all the vids I've watched of the pros. Seriously...he could put Aniki to shame in some respects. Really all I want to see is you crushing him. Our matches are basically 50/50, but it still bugs me that he can win without using many advanced techs. He sticks with the basics and only uses an advanced tech to throw off his opponent. In fact my style gets crushed by his unless I switch to a responsive style as well. It just annoyes me that all my wave dashes, shffles, ledge techig, etc, are totally useless against what seems to be an almost n00bish style. I wish you luck.

Peaches

Smash Lord
Man, Peaches.... You don't know how long I've been trying to find you. I live in Spokane Near The Arena. The only people I have been able to play are some close friends for the past six years...we've been trying to put together a Spokane league group and were wondering if you would like to help us out. I would definately love to come to your tournament and I'd bring at least four other skilled players. PM me so we can get in touch. You can't imagine playing this game for six years in Eastern Washington. No good players. No good tourneys. No good rep.... Wait ....you do know what it' like.:(
Cool. I'll get in touch. PM sent.

EDIT: BTW any people who use myspace, I've got a group up for fighting games.

http://groups.myspace.com/spokanegamers

Ashtten

Smash Journeyman
Alright finally I will not be pwned only by Deva... I cannot wait I gotta get really good first though.
-Ashtten

SlyD

Smash Cadet
we really should get a smash team down for spokompton

too many people talk too much big on here like they own smash bros.

hah

Wait till i play that game well rested

i think we should get together regularily 1x a month (pref. week)

and play.

Is it possible for someone (whom doesnt attend your university) to visit for such the occassion?

M

Deva

Smash Lord
Hey Matt, I'll try to stop by once a week with Ash, though I don't know if I can find anyone else. We could definately get a good team going. The vids are also up on youtube. Search "SlyD Shiek" or Deva Link" and it should have our matches.

Peaches

Smash Lord
Let;s keep this thread alive. We need a thread. We need some casuals going by the end of the week. I'm willing to travel anywhere in Spokane and I might got to Cheney Wednesday morning.

Deva

Smash Lord
Let;s keep this thread alive. We need a thread. We need some casuals going by the end of the week. I'm willing to travel anywhere in Spokane and I might got to Cheney Wednesday morning.
Cool, stop by at Eastern any time Wednesday from 9-11 am and you could smash for a while against me, Ash, and Brdy. I'll see if we can get some casuals going in Spokane every week.

Peaches

Smash Lord
Where at in Eastern? I'll be there because I need to pick someone up at the airport just after 2.

Peaches

Smash Lord
As much as we'd all like to go to tournaments, it won't do us any good if we don't play amongst ourselves.

Also, due to a change in plans it's iffy about when I'll be showing up at Eastern.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Heyya. I live in Spokane on the North Side, near North Central High School if you know where that is. I don't really have access to a car unless I hit up friends for a Ride, but if I can make my way anyplace, i'll try my best.

Deva

Smash Lord
Heyya. I live in Spokane on the North Side, near North Central High School if you know where that is. I don't really have access to a car unless I hit up friends for a Ride, but if I can make my way anyplace, i'll try my best.
My younger brother goes to NC. His name's Brendan Duffey. See if you can find him there or if you send me a PM of where your at, I could come pick you up to smash some time. Did you go to the last Spokane Tourney?

Note: The Wii is awsome!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't stop playing TwilightPrincess!!!!!!!!!!!! Best Zelda ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
I live in spokane on the northside near westview elementary,anyone who thinks they can find my house is more then welcome to play me.

brdy_

Smash Lord
I live at the SigEp house near the EWU campus (on 5th street) if anyone is in the area drop by - but I'll be gone for winter break.

Peaches

Smash Lord
When's winter break? I'm thinking of taking the bus out there sometime this week.

brdy_

Smash Lord
Winter break starts the 9th of December, and I leave that day. I'll be back around the 6th or 7th of Jan. If you come this weekend and Deva isn't going to TANG 21 I'll play with ya. Or if you decide YOU want to go to TANG 21 I'd go with you, split gas.

So this whole week I'll be busy studying for 2 finals that I have on Friday (the 1st) - but my weekend will be free. I might have a couple free days next week as well.. the 7th and 8th I believe.

Oh and speaking of friday... if any of you are into the Guitar Hero games, there's a Guitar Hero II tournament taking place on friday starting at 1pm in the PUB Bookstore. I'd go but I have to take a government final at 1 X(.

SlyD

Smash Cadet
hey just give me a message... i got about 3 roomies that smash and their half decent

i live on the northside near the safeway on the highway

cedar meadows by walmart

appt 15

welcome any time

M

Peaches

Smash Lord
Winter break starts the 9th of December, and I leave that day. I'll be back around the 6th or 7th of Jan. If you come this weekend and Deva isn't going to TANG 21 I'll play with ya. Or if you decide YOU want to go to TANG 21 I'd go with you, split gas.

So this whole week I'll be busy studying for 2 finals that I have on Friday (the 1st) - but my weekend will be free. I might have a couple free days next week as well.. the 7th and 8th I believe.

Oh and speaking of friday... if any of you are into the Guitar Hero games, there's a Guitar Hero II tournament taking place on friday starting at 1pm in the PUB Bookstore. I'd go but I have to take a government final at 1 X(.
I'd like to play this weekend, name a time on Friday preferably and I'll be there.

brdy_

Smash Lord
Anytime after 3 would be good. You could even stay until Sunday if you want. There's plenty of room. Take the bus to College Street and walk up that street and our house is the very last house on the left . It's huge and on the other side of the building (teh front) it says "Sigma Phi Epsilon" (facing 5th street, address = 419). You can just walk in and just say you're looking for Brady. Tell someone to call me if I'm not there. I have a test to take at 1 and I'll try to be back at the house by at latest 3:00. Bring your cube (I don't own one - lol). We should try to get Deva to come too.

Peaches

Smash Lord
That was pretty fun. I'll have to work on fighting Luigi, lol. We should smash again before you leave.

iSam

Smash Cadet
I go to University of Idaho in Moscow, not too far away. Would be nice to play anyone to mix things up a bit. Don't have a very big variety of people to play.

brdy_

Smash Lord
yea that was fun... wanna come over wednesday?

edit:

or tuesday?

edit 2:

on second thought - I really feel like playing today. who wants to play smash with me today? eh?

Peaches

Smash Lord
Yeah, maybe we can get a mod to rename this thread or something. Make it just the eastern washington thread.

R.C.

Smash Apprentice
Hey, don't know if anyone is interested but I am up in Washington State Univeristy in Pullman if anyone is interested in smashing down here. A ride for me to go out to Spokane is rather dificult. I have about 4 friends down here who are decent. Would be nice to play with people of a little more skill level though...

Peaches

Smash Lord
Well, I have to go out to Pullman soon to hear some lectures (at least, I'll likely have to).

There's some guys in the tri-cities that play. If you somehow manage to get a hold of them then they might play. Sandman is probably the only one you could hope to reach.

brdy_

Smash Lord
Some of my bros here go to Pullman sometimes. In fact, some of them went there this last weekend. Maybe next time I could get a ride with them - think you could PM me some contact info? I'd be down with getting a ride there and playing with you whenever I can. :p

iSam

Smash Cadet
Well awesome, I'm in Moscow which is like 5 minutes from WSU. Tell me if you guys set something up. R.C. I'll pm you and perhaps we can play. That'd be way fun.

R.C.

Smash Apprentice
Sweet. We usually just smash whenever but now I'll try and plan something. When are you free Sam? Got to ask with finals around the corner.

Top Bottom