• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

825 BPM -- Free Pizza and Drinks!! Ft. Teczero ;)

Rat

Smash Lord
Use the spring!

Someone someplace said that ike does extra shield stun or something. So maybe it's better to spot dodge/roll against his attacks.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
They really just need to remove the wall jump after side B, that's my only gripe with Ike.

But then again I haven't played Vro or Metroid.

Rat, I've been playing Sonic quite a bit in P:M lately, hopefully I can get some tips from you when you get there, cause I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing.

Rat

Smash Lord
Ok Sonic Tips!

Tip #1 Press the b button a lot
Tip #2 OverB is great
Tip #3 You're really really fast
Tip #4 Follow these tips to win
Tip #5 When they are off the stage, go and kill them
Tip #6 When you hit them, hit them again while they are unprepared
Tip #7 Knuckles is a jerk. get those emeralds back.
Tip #8 If you see a bowser, be careful!
Tip #9 Sometimes it's good to grab
Tip #10 Remember that you are crazy fast, so press a lot of buttons

metroid1117

Smash Master
Ok Sonic Tips!

Tip #2 OverB is great
Lol Rat.

Use the spring!

Someone someplace said that ike does extra shield stun or something. So maybe it's better to spot dodge/roll against his attacks.
According to Magus in this post:

Magus said:
Ike's sword attacks (which have a reduced hitlag property in PM) that hit a shield are going to function as if they have about 3-5 frames less cooldown than on whiff or 3-5 additional frames of shield stun because shields will be in hitlag longer than Ike himself is (on hit both take the same reduced amount of hitlag). It makes them more effective on block without also making them safer on whiff.
I think this is unnecessary and needs to go though.

ORLY

Smash Master
i honestly thought he would be in brawl

like, tails wouldn't have made sense but knuckles was perfect for smash

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
Ok Sonic Tips!

Tip #2 OverB is great
Pressing buttons is hard though!

Mike come over on Friday

:phone:
I have plans with my girlfriend Friday. Gomen. :(

What about tomorrow?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
As reported on your pr threads

I'm in Batavia, IL and would like to get some games in if there's interest.

I'm bad at both games.

Rat

Smash Lord
Magus with that info.

So let me get this straight. If Ike hits someone's shield there is extra hit lag which only effects the shielding person?

Also, learned how to CC grab. Aw yeah.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
As reported on your pr threads

I'm in Batavia, IL and would like to get some games in if there's interest.

I'm bad at both games.
Ur in batavia? If you play melee, play with us (i'm in warrenville, other people are in geneva/st charles)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I play melee more than brawl tbh, it doesn't mean I'm good it just means I'm literate.

When do you guys play? I'm staying at my old roommates place and he's at work until 9 p.m. tonight so I don't have anything planned until then. Friday would be an excellent day for games as he works then too and it's the day before this event.

Also Zelda is probably my 2nd best character after Sheik in singles.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Friday I will probably have people over pre-tournament. Before that, im not really sure when smash is happening

metroid1117

Smash Master
Magus with that info.

So let me get this straight. If Ike hits someone's shield there is extra hit lag which only effects the shielding person?

Also, learned how to CC grab. Aw yeah.
From what I understand, it means that Ike's sword attacks have 3-5 less hitlag than other attacks when they hit a shield. This means that while the opponent is in shield stun, Ike's attack animation will continue and thus finish 3-5 frames faster than other attacks.

Kirk

Smash Champion
From what I understand, it means that Ike's sword attacks have 3-5 less hitlag than other attacks when they hit a shield. This means that while the opponent is in shield stun, Ike's attack animation will continue and thus finish 3-5 frames faster than other attacks.
50% less, in fact. If you don't mind me stepping in, I took a look at PM Ike.

All of Ike's sword attacks have a 50% modifier for hitlag. To clarify...

Lets say, under normal conditions, Ike(Attacker) hits your(Defender) shield with Ftilt.

Attacker goes into Hitlag(the state where the character is momentarily frozen in place), lets say its 8 frames long. Defender goes into shield Hitlag(same thing, except frozen in his shield), which is also 8 frames. I.E. Hitlag is the same duration as Shield hitlag.

After this...

Attacker moves on to finish the rest of the attack animation, the recovery.
Defender has an additional amount of shield stun(usually less frames than the shield hitlag), then can act out of shield.

With THAT out of the way...

Ike has a 50% modifier on the Hitlag for his sword attacks, which essentially halves those attack's Hitlag frames, both on hit and on shield.

From the above example, Ike would have 4 frames of hitlag, while the Defender would still have 8. And there's your frame advantage. The rest of the stuff that happens after is unaffected.

Also, the only exception is his Fair, which has a 75% modifier, which would give it 6 frames of hitlag...so its not ALL bad!

metroid1117

Smash Master
50% less, in fact. If you don't mind me stepping in, I took a look at PM Ike.

All of Ike's sword attacks have a 50% modifier for hitlag. To clarify...

Lets say, under normal conditions, Ike(Attacker) hits your(Defender) shield with Ftilt.

Attacker goes into Hitlag(the state where the character is momentarily frozen in place), lets say its 8 frames long. Defender goes into shield Hitlag(same thing, except frozen in his shield), which is also 8 frames. I.E. Hitlag is the same duration as Shield hitlag.

After this...

Attacker moves on to finish the rest of the attack animation, the recovery.
Defender has an additional amount of shield stun(usually less frames than the shield hitlag), then can act out of shield.

With THAT out of the way...

Ike has a 50% modifier on the Hitlag for his sword attacks, which essentially halves those attack's Hitlag frames, both on hit and on shield.

From the above example, Ike would have 4 frames of hitlag, while the Defender would still have 8. And there's your frame advantage. The rest of the stuff that happens after is unaffected.

Also, the only exception is his Fair, which has a 75% modifier, which would give it 6 frames of hitlag...so its not ALL bad!
Thank you for looking into that, that's very good to know.

Arty

Smash Lord
free pizza and drinks my ***
Lol, yah the $3 venue fee goes towards the pizza and drinks, so TECHNICALLY, it's not free :(

But for the melee players that haven't experienced this in the past, trust me it's worth it. $3 for a huge variety of unlimited drinks (soda/water/gatorade) and pizza is a sick deal. It also attracts a lot of new players to come along.

Also, I am in no way profiting off this lol.

Akashi

Smash Lord
For the longest time, arty wasn't even asking g for a venue fee. His life (and job) is so amazing, he makes it rain.... cheeseless pizza:c

Also, if I bring my 360 and p4a, can I have a set up? :)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Akashi: if you also bring a TV for it, I have no complaints. If the decision came between using the TV for a tournament game and using it for a non-tournament game, I have to put the tournament first.

TRE1

Smash Apprentice
So uh, just gonna throw this out there...anybody have an extra controller that works properly? If so, could you bring it and let me use it. I have one, but it kinda doesn't work that great.

metroid1117

Smash Master
In case anyone still cares about the reduced hitlag that Ike has on shield, this is what someone from the Project M Backroom said:

Everyone has the modifier, it's not just exclusive to Ike, they just have different levels of hitlag compared to him. Not everyone has .5 hitlag on nearly every move though.
Also, the pizza is legit - Arty is extremely generous to arrange it for all of us, we should all thank him on Saturday <3.

Top Bottom