• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

8 player ice climber matches.

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
I just wonder how the game will be be able to handle 8 icies on a big stage with items in handheld mode without lowering the poly count or frame rate...

Then again, this is Sakurai and the Smash devs lol.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I just wonder how the game will be be able to handle 8 icies on a big stage with items in handheld mode without lowering the poly count or frame rate...

4 people playing ICs on Fountain of Dreams caused enough lag in Melee for the stage to be banned in doubles, so I'd imagine it's possible for the same thing to happen with 8 on a graphics-intensive stage. With that said, Smash bigger than ever, so their sandards may have been heightened as far as acceptability of framerates drops.

Bayopuff

Smash Apprentice

This is what I'm wondering. Just imagine 8 pairs of Icies on something like The Great Cave Offensive with items on. I'm kind of scared it'll be too much for the Switch to handle.

ClimbersOfIce

Smash Cadet
This is what I'm wondering. Just imagine 8 pairs of Icies on something like The Great Cave Offensive with items on. I'm kind of scared it'll be too much for the Switch to handle.
In cases like that the game might employ a slightly lower resolution and lower the quality of some textures maybe..

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
I think we might be underestimating the power of the Switch. Remember, Sakurai said Ice Climbers worked in Smash Wii U (but not in 3DS, hence their cut), the game that first introduced 8-player Smash. Even without Ice Climbers, some stages were limited and hazards were off most of the time. We’ve seen 8-Player Smash on a stage like Lylat Cruise, without graphical limitations, so who really knows if they are pushing the limits of 8-Player Smash.

Top Bottom