• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Yeah, I bet those Bayonetta nerfs will have a sweet taste in every competitive players' mouths.

Question is will it be enough?

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Um, yes, it will be enough. Anybody who thinks it's not needs a reality check. Like Bayo was BUTCHERED. I have to say I feel bad for Bayo mains, but maybe it'll be a blessing in disguise, make more people able to play the character they love without hate.

actually really pissed about this patch cause I lose all my replays

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Don't really care about the replays on the Wii U version thanks to the YouTube uploader feature.

The 3DS however...yep, it's bull****.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Yeah, I bet those Bayonetta nerfs will have a sweet taste in every competitive players' mouths.

Question is will it be enough?
Looks like it.
The Sheik and ZSS nerfs didn't stop them from performing well in competitive, but they did enough to where more characters stood a chance (coupled with buffs on a few of them). I doubt Bayo will be much different. As long as the nerf did enough to where Bayo can't cheese out, I say were solid.

Also, -m0 -m0 You wouldn't mind linking me the full image of your avi, would you? I need it for something.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Looks like it.
The Sheik and ZSS nerfs didn't stop them from performing well in competitive, but they did enough to where more characters stood a chance (coupled with buffs on a few of them). I doubt Bayo will be much different. As long as the nerf did enough to where Bayo can't cheese out, I say were solid.

Also, -m0 -m0 You wouldn't mind linking me the full image of your avi, would you? I need it for something.
This is the full image... I think?
one sec
Yeah it appears to be the full image.
Higher-res version
What do you need it for?

VPTurnip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Turnip
3DS FC
0920-3141-8524
So... those Bayonetta nerfs...
Yes, yes, screw you too and all that. Tired of the whole situation honestly.

Anyway..

I'm sad the other characters who needed fixing didn't get any fixes. Like Duck Hunt is gonna have those broken smashes forever. And Jiggs will forever have no grab combo. RIP Low Tiers.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
0_o
image.jpg

Anyway..

I'm sad the other characters who needed fixing didn't get any fixes. Like Duck Hunt is gonna have those broken smashes forever. And Jiggs will forever have no grab combo. RIP Low Tiers.
Hey man, not trying to be a ***** but if you come in here, I don't think you have the right to be mad at us rejoicing in our own thread.

But yeah, jiggs, shulk, etc, could have used some stuff

And @Skelly could you maybe link me to that thread? I looked around but I'm not sure I found it. Sorry to be spoon fed here lol

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I have nothing but respect for every player here and their mains, including Bayonettas, so I'm not one of those who just sits around with smiles on their faces over something that doesn't concern me at all.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002

Anyway..

Was that really necessary? I understand and agree that there are characters that need buffs, but there was no need for the negativity, especially against those that didn't deserve it.
And @Skelly could you maybe link me to that thread? I looked around but I'm not sure I found it. Sorry to be spoon fed here lol
I would, but it's in the Disco Room and you can't access it unless you have premium. Sorry.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Wait. Waitwaitwaitwaitwait. There are threads exclusive to premium members? I'm legitimately confused as to why I didn't know about this. It's not on the Premium page, is it? I swear I looked that **** over a million times. Anyway, if you plan on putting it with other images then just put the final result here! ^_^

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Wait. Waitwaitwaitwaitwait. There are threads exclusive to premium members? I'm legitimately confused as to why I didn't know about this. It's not on the Premium page, is it? I swear I looked that **** over a million times. Anyway, if you plan on putting it with other images then just put the final result here! ^_^
Yeah, these blue names aren't just for show, matey!

The DR is on the main forums page, but it only shows up if you have premium.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Oh well I have the blue color scheme for Smashboards on so I didn't even notice that much lol. What color do you guys use?

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Oh well I have the blue color scheme for Smashboards on so I didn't even notice that much lol. What color do you guys use?
Emerald. Green is my favorite color, so naturally I picked emerald.

D

Deleted member

I use Emerald. Green is my favorite color, so I naturally chose it. :p

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Garnet, because it's red and more shadier look compare to Ruby.

D

Deleted member

Guess who is a college graduate? :)

Time flies faster than you realize. To be honest, I never thought I would see this day...

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Guess who is a college graduate? :)

Time flies faster than you realize. To be honest, I never thought I would see this day...
NIIIIIIICE! :D
Tino Tino Color of Smashboards? This?

On a different note, you know how Shulk needs buffs? When I play Shulk, I'm just like, "this character is fine" And when I play Cloud, I always ask myself for buffs.

Also, would Finishing Touch be better if it did 999% but no knockback? Still with absymal shieldstun and shieldpush though.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Tino Tino Color of Smashboards? This?

On a different note, you know how Shulk needs buffs? When I play Shulk, I'm just like, "this character is fine" And when I play Cloud, I always ask myself for buffs.

Also, would Finishing Touch be better if it did 999% but no knockback? Still with absymal shieldstun and shieldpush though.
Now why didn't I know anything about this ****?

D

Deleted member

Thank you so much! :)

I feel the opposite.

When I play Cloud, I think the character is fine as is (with maybe a few adjustments, but I can't ask for anything major). When I play Shulk, I keep asking for buffs. I love Xenoblade, Shulk is one of my favorite characters, and he was my most wanted Smash 4 character. While I am glad he's in... I just wish he was better.

Airpoizon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
(Private)
3DS FC
0946-2898-1267
Wait, there's a Cloud social thread that I somehow couldn't find? Cool.

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
I myself run the Malachite Style, due to it being the closest I can get to spring green (or maybe it IS that exact color?), which is my most favorite shade of green, that I didn't even know was my #1 favorite, until I saw Mion/Shion Sonozaki from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni rep it with their hair, almost an entire decade ago when the anime version of Higurashi came out. Gosh I miss that series in all of its brutally horrifying & yet mysteriously poignant glory. ._.

EDIT: *Suddenly realizes that this could be THEE spring green I've been wanting.... and plans on using that AND orange in his Official Conquest Thread posts, among others~*

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
@XenoBrawler610 What did you major in? Where do you plan on working? Any advice you could have for somebody going into the dreaded 11th grade of high school? The seniors of my school came in and did a little Q&A thing about that.

D

Deleted member

@XenoBrawler610 What did you major in? Where do you plan on working? Any advice you could have for somebody going into the dreaded 11th grade of high school? The seniors of my school came in and did a little Q&A thing about that.
1. I am a mathematics major with a minor in finance.
2. I want to work somewhere involving numbers and calculations, preferably with little interaction as possible.
3. Junior year is always the toughest year in both college and high school. I recommend keeping a level head, study as much as you can, and have some free-time to yourself and friends. It helped me keep a relaxed mind after a stressful day or week. If anything, I would create a schedule for yourself, such as spend this much time doing homework, spend this much time if you have other projects, and spend as much time as you can to catch a breather.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Now why didn't I know anything about this ****?
You mean you didn't know you can change Smashboards' color? Well, now you know, go and change it.

1. I am a mathematics major with a minor in finance.
2. I want to work somewhere involving numbers and calculations, preferably with little interaction as possible.
3. Junior year is always the toughest year in both college and high school. I recommend keeping a level head, study as much as you can, and have some free-time to yourself and friends. It helped me keep a relaxed mind after a stressful day or week. If anything, I would create a schedule for yourself, such as spend this much time doing homework, spend this much time if you have other projects, and spend as much time as you can to catch a breather.
I am an English major, obviously...
My plans for my college life so far is go studying abroad around 2nd grade, and study hard to become a diplomat.
I will definitely take your 3. as an advice, since I am in my junior year.

Last edited by a moderator:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I wish Greninja could get a couple of buffs, but outside of a few Quality of Life changes, Cloud's in a pretty good spot.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Bayonetta is not dead. Not even close in fact. She still has her death combos like the one that goes from D-tilt (X3 or just get them to 24%) and once there in the air give them a quick forward air to double witch twist to the two kick (going forward not downward) and hit them with an Up-air to seal the stock. Is it guaranteed? Hell no its not, in fact its hard to start the combo in the first place. But it exists still, not to mention all her other moves are fine and witch time is still crazy.

I wish Greninja could get a couple of buffs, but outside of a few Quality of Life changes, Cloud's in a pretty good spot.
On the contrary

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Bayonetta is not dead. Not even close in fact. She still has her death combos like the one that goes from D-tilt (X3 or just get them to 24%) and once there in the air give them a quick forward air to double witch twist to the two kick (going forward not downward) and hit them with an Up-air to seal the stock. Is it guaranteed? Hell no its not, in fact its hard to start the combo in the first place. But it exists still, not to mention all her other moves are fine and witch time is still crazy.
Never said she was dead, but she dropped a lot in tiers.

Greninja did get buffed - dash attack is frame 7 now, shieldgrabs are a little more viable, aerials are safer, and headbonk got kinda fixed. Can't say I'm happy cause I struggle vs Greninja. Samus is getting kinda popular on FG as well with the new buffs, and playing against them in lag is suicide-inducing. I struggle against her too. The Charge Shot really gets to me mentally, it does so much damage, kills early, charges fast, and if she hits it at any percent she gets another one for free. I played a Samus in tournament and lost the first game, then he switched to ZSS (he was a big Metriod fan) and I won against his ZSS on battlefield. He went back to Samus and I went Shulk and got pineappled both stocks on Dreamland. I'm now going to ban that stage always.

@XenoBrawler610 Thanks a lot for the advice man.

Oh and I've been listening to this user a lot. Already decided to put some of his tracks in my game. The tracks I plan on replacing are:
Those Chosen by the Planet
Cid's Theme
Shinra Corporation
Jenova
The Great Warrior Seto
Cosmo Canyon
Flowers Blooming in the Church
Underneath the Rotting Pizza
Birth of a God
Tifa's Theme
Jenova Absolute
Anxious Hearts
Weapon Raid
Judgement Day
Fortress of Condor
Holding Thoughts in my Heart
Secrets Sleeping in the Deep Sea
Oppressed People
Reunion
Hurry Faster
Wutai
Also I've found a REALLY nice compilation of mods known as The Reunion. The main draw to it is that it correctly translates everything. There are some shockers in terms of name changes (Zack becomes Zax, Midgar Zolom becomes Midgardsormr, and Marlene becomes Marin among others) but the story is much more understandable and relatable. It improves the field models but keeps them loyal to the original "blocky" style of the game. Battle models stay the same except for Cloud and Sephiroth, whose higher-quality models are already in the game (Cloud's model is the one from the scripted battle with Sephiroth for example) with is great because all the battle models except Yuffie's were already excellent and portrayed the character's personalities better than that other mod I showed off earlier. The installer installs the mods for you with no hassle at all, and you are able to chose which mods you want to install and you can uninstall it at any point extremely quickly. The installer also comes with a detailed readme that describes in excellent detail what every install option and mod does. Windows such as text boxes and menus are more compact and flow better overall. The ONE problem I've found with it is when using the auto-run function, you cannot escape Aerith's house. This is detailed in the readme as well and it is easy enough to simply quit the game and uninstall the mod, then reinstall it once you have escaped the house and used the Save Point right outside. Other glitches like the Save Point glitch and the double item bug in the Northern Crater (not the W-Item glitch, that remains) have also been fixed. I recommend ANYBODY with the ability to install this mod and play it. It's worth an entire replay of the story. Here is the link to the forum page: http://forums.qhimm.com/?topic=14914.0

Last edited:

VPTurnip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Turnip
3DS FC
0920-3141-8524
~Skelly~ ~Skelly~ -m0 -m0
Oh yeah, I forgot we celebrated bashing other people's mains and putting people down out of ignorance. My bad.
I was just replying to Jesse, who if you failed to notice, was being a little rude as well.

I'm saddened by the fact we're all celebrating someone getting nerfed instead of being sad other characters weren't buffed.

Sigh. But that's the toxic Smash community I guess. I give up.

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Homes, NOBODY asked you to come into OUR social and look around for posts bashing your top-tier main.

VPTurnip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Turnip
3DS FC
0920-3141-8524
I dunno if that was to me or not so I dunno.. anyway.

I've never even once played as Bayo just to clarify. But I do know a lot about her. Tourney results, frame data, combos, etc. But that's not the point..

I am legitimately annoyed at the Smash community for raising a vocal outcry over Bayonetta and not raising that kind of rallying cry for the low tiers. Sure, there's the vocal minority, but no where near the attention Bayonetta got.

So yes, I do think the Smash community is toxic.. and I need a break from it. Just ignore me while I try to forget about this embarrassing moment in the smash scene. I'm just whining over here to myself. Seriously, ignore me, I'm not joking, I'm just being a frowny face right now. No need to pay me any attention until I'm out of this rut. I don't mean any hard feelings to anyone either. (Because I don't usually act like a complete jerk to others because they don't share my opinion, and no I don't mean anyone on here either, I mean the very vocal Bayo haters who have heaped trash talk and badmouthing on me recently, and they don't even know much about her.. sigh).

Last edited:

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
I'm saddened by the fact we're all celebrating someone getting nerfed instead of being sad other characters weren't buffed.
If anyone should be benefiting the Bayo nerf, it should be an Olimar main on account that she can WT pikmin that are attached to her.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Last thing I'm saying about Bayonetta.
This? This right here?
This needed to stop. Props to Pink Fresh for being an amazing player, but this could only hurt the game in the long run.

D

Deleted member

Last thing I'm saying about Bayonetta.
This? This right here?
This needed to stop. Props to Pink Fresh for being an amazing player, but this could only hurt the game in the long run.
Honestly...
It's hard for me to feel sympathetic. I know how it feels to have your character be severely nerfed; I had to deal with that when Luigi got nerfed. However... I can't say that being able to easily do a 0-death during any percent was fair. I do agree that she was toxic to the metagame.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
so i've seen Tweek do two bairs in a full hop and i'm wondering how that is done. the timing must be really specific. or do i need to double jump in order to be high enough to get that.

also how do i do that thing where he snaps to ledge when he is right next to it without having limit.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Honestly...
It's hard for me to feel sympathetic. I know how it feels to have your character be severely nerfed; I had to deal with that when Luigi got nerfed. However... I can't say that being able to easily do a 0-death during any percent was fair. I do agree that she was toxic to the metagame.
This means people who wants to main Bayonetta, they have to try harder to get good with her.

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
so i've seen Tweek do two bairs in a full hop and i'm wondering how that is done. the timing must be really specific. or do i need to double jump in order to be high enough to get that.

also how do i do that thing where he snaps to ledge when he is right next to it without having limit.
You need to bair immediately after you initially jump.

To snap the ledge, you need to up B when you are next to the ledge. Practice in training mode and you'll see it's not hard to pull off at all.
This means people who wants to main Bayonetta, they have to try harder to get good with her.
Just like Shiek, Diddy, Metaknight, and any other character that's gotten big time nerfs after getting popular.

Top Bottom