• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
OoS Limit Breaks seem pretty good.

Edit: Accidentally quoted somebody.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm gonna wait until tomorrow to download Cloud since it's my day off from work due to a doctor's appointment I'm going to.

Corrin and Bayonetta looks amazing (though I prefer her original design from the first Bayonetta game).

Overall, that was one hell of a final presentation right there.
It may not be the best presentation for everyone, but overall, great.

Bobert

NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
What about just jump OOS LB cross slash(or normal cs for that matter)
The full cross slash wouldn't connect when I did a Jump OoS out of shield, but the limit break version always fully connects no matter what.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I spent 2 hours playing Cloud.
My god, he is one of the most fun characters on the roster. His power and range are just amazing and the Limit Break mechanic is something that I adore. It's odd how Cloud kinda clicked with me and I might consider having him as a secondary. I need to see how my Cloud fares against other players because I am kinda interested in learning him. I think that he has a lot of potential as a character.
What disappointed me the most was that Cloud's voice is in Japanese only and only 2 songs on Midgar? No Bombing Mission? No One Winged Angel? Why?

As Corrin and Bayonetta...
I am content with Corrin. I have been looking forward to Fates for a very long time and I did want to see him in Smash 5. To see him now is a bit of a blur.
Bayonetta though... I don't think she is up there with the likes of Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Ryu, and Cloud and I'm shocked that she was the overall ballot winner. She also looks too complex for my liking.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackrider213

Smash Apprentice
Cloud felt really natural to use. A little floatier than what I expected, but still felt pretty good to use. I'm disappointed though that there are only two songs for the Midgar stage. I was sure they were going to put in the chocobo song after hearing it in the presentation today. Funny thing though is his victory theme actually "overwrites" the standard Smash 64 menu theme that normally plays after all the other characters victory theme

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
I was playing some For Glory versus a rather decent(maybe good, I dunno how good I am to compare) ZSS, 7 or 8 matches, first match I barely won, next few matches I got 2 stocked the second and barely lost the next few, last 3 I twostocked them easily, uploading a video of the really interesting match if anyone would be curious to see it for some analysis.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I was playing some For Glory versus a rather decent(maybe good, I dunno how good I am to compare) ZSS, 7 or 8 matches, first match I barely won, next few matches I got 2 stocked the second and barely lost the next few, last 3 I twostocked them easily, uploading a video of the really interesting match if anyone would be curious to see it for some analysis.
Please do. I wish to see some pro cloud play

Last edited:

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
Cloud clicked pretty quickly with me, I'm having an absolute blast playing as him. I might actually main him instead of Shulk.
The Limit Break mechanic is so much fun. I love how much it discourages opponent's camping. (at least it seemed to with the people I fought)

Also, I never would have guessed that Shulk's Nair would ever be outclassed.

What are everyone's thoughts on Finishing Touch? I'm not sure if I was DI'ing properly, but in my quick test it seems to kill Bowser at 67.
Not nearly as early as KO Punch, but we can't lose it to time or damage.

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
Meta Knight can still DI to avoid dying to finishing touch at 70( on midgar, I assume battlefield has similar ceiling), but it certainly sparks at that point. It doesn't need to be buffered to work in the air like KO punch does so has some pretty good options on how to use it. It does seem to come out rather fast though as my video shows at the end when I "interrupted" ZSS's combo with it. an opponent above 70% can't get reckless versus cloud if you have limit charged.

Last edited:

tirkaro

Smash Champion
So from what I've been hearing and from my approx. 5 hours of playtime, I can safely assume Cloud is absolutely -nuts.-

Dude is way more agile than I thought he was gonna be, and his power is still nothing to scoff at. And those aerials, my god, those aerials. Barely any hours in and they're just so useful.
Only particularly negative thing I can say about him is that his recovery is predictably trash, but with how easy it is to get full Limit Break, that might not even be a problem so long as you get creative with how you apply your charge time. As someone who likes to play things safe, I'm glad charging your LB is so easy for the utility it provides.

Bobert

NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
He's everything I wanted him to be...

Greatest 6 dollars I have ever spent in my life.
I have to agree. Nobody else clicked with me in this game and he feels perfect. The Limit Breaks are so fun to use. The only thing that would make me happier is if my man Ganondorf got a huge buff like Bowser did.

Last edited:

Dokokashira

Smash Journeyman
I didn't expect this at all, but I've been loving playing as Cloud! It might seem strange coming from a Dr. Mario main, but Cloud felt so natural to me and he flows so well. He's got combos, a terrific bait and punish game, and the potential to kill extremely early. The differences between him and Dr. Mario make me feel like I'll learn a TON from being able to use him well, and that it'll strengthen not only my Dr. Mario play, but my play overall and with my secondaries Pikachu and Mii Gunner (one of whom I might drop for Cloud... I don't think I can handle four serious characters). That said, I'm not 100% sure I will pick him up, but he is a very likely possibility!

I would love to talk and play with Cloud mains/secondaries set on bringing the best out of him, or people interested in him like me! Heck, just Cloud players in general! I'd like to get as informed as I can about this character and see all of what it can offer me. I'm looking forward to learning about Cloud!

My name for anything is Dokokashira. Skype, Facebook, Discord, you name it. If you'd like to do Cloud things with me, let me know!

AGreatProcrastinator

Smash Apprentice
3DS users: Go to Corneria, stand at the base of the ramp fin thing and just throw stuff out or stand there. Cloud's legs go pretty crazy.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Heh, I get the pun with Finishing Touch and why it does 1%. It's the final touch before you're dead. So, it doesn't need to do a lot of damage

Y'know, whatever I was thinking for Finishing Touch sounded way better in my head. :p

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I didn't expect this at all, but I've been loving playing as Cloud! It might seem strange coming from a Dr. Mario main, but Cloud felt so natural to me and he flows so well. He's got combos, a terrific bait and punish game, and the potential to kill extremely early. The differences between him and Dr. Mario make me feel like I'll learn a TON from being able to use him well, and that it'll strengthen not only my Dr. Mario play, but my play overall and with my secondaries Pikachu and Mii Gunner (one of whom I might drop for Cloud... I don't think I can handle four serious characters). That said, I'm not 100% sure I will pick him up, but he is a very likely possibility!

I would love to talk and play with Cloud mains/secondaries set on bringing the best out of him, or people interested in him like me! Heck, just Cloud players in general! I'd like to get as informed as I can about this character and see all of what it can offer me. I'm looking forward to learning about Cloud!

My name for anything is Dokokashira. Skype, Facebook, Discord, you name it. If you'd like to do Cloud things with me, let me know!
Is it really that strange given they have similar recoveries?! :troll:

Dokokashira

Smash Journeyman
Is it really that strange given they have similar recoveries?! :troll:
LOL, I was thinking something like that too. I'm used to bad recovery, so maybe Cloud felt right at home. :D

I could go on and on about how versatile and underrated I think Doc's recovery is, but that's for the Doc boards

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Ok finally got the forums to load up.

I just wanna say....all this Fire Emblem hate is real. I'm personally pretty satisfied, despite wanting absolutely NONE of the 2 characters revealed.
Because this really seems that Sakurai may be biased towards of adding FE characters.
My brother who is a FE fan, TOTALLY satisfied.

Hey guys~
So I decided to get a Steam account and buy FFVII and I gotta say that I love it! I've pretty much finished the game, just need to complete the final dungeon.

As for Smash, I'll get Cloud later today and try him out.
In terms of Corrin and Bayonetta being added, it was unexpected for me and I would of preferred other characters, but their movesets are unique and seem pretty interesting so I'll probably buy them when they get released.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I love playing Cloud!

He's by far the swordsman that fits best to my taste.
He has some unique stuff like that Utilt that starts behind him, super useful, and comboes easily into another Utilt, or even Usmash. (Utilt, Utilt, Usmash, Uair combo <3)

Every attack feels great. And his Limit Break mechanic is tons of fun!
I still have to get used to not pressing B twice while using Climhazard (don't know why I started this habit now of all times, lol)

His juggle game is AMAZING! I know I can come up with something cool to follow up that Dthrow.

My only downsides are:
-Sucky horizontal recovery. (It has to be the Powet Meter curse) seriously, a little enemy windbox might actually take a stock, if I don't aim to (not)snap the edge immediately, which is another similarity to Little Mac. :(

-Not a lot of safe landing options (maybe I just got too used to Ryu's many options), but I'm having a bit of a hard time landing in the neutral zone.

-Costumes are meh. The only non-boring 3rd party color swaps to me are the Capcom Bros.'

Other than that, this is a character that's just so much fun to use. He feels light at times, and heavy, depending on the moves.
He runs/hovers fast, and his Bair is strong and quick, I think it comboes into itself since I've carried the CPU out of thw screen in a chain of bairs.

<3 I think I just got over the whole Corrin thing (I knew I'd eventually shake it off, but not THIS quick, thanks Cloud).
I'm so glad my 2DS' thumbstick survived long enough for me to play this character!

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Hey, a Doc main posted in here about how he was playing Cloud....

Make that two =3. I've been active in here in speculation and said I'd at least lab....and then the character ended up clicking and feeling amazing to play and look where I am now.

Can't wait to see what unique things people find!

My thoughts on the character are that he's solid. Nothing super spectacular but not remotely terrible at all. Just solid. Recovery is a dead horse at this point, B Reversing up the bottom of the stages seems to help, but I just find his flow and gameplan really suited to me.

Last edited:

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
Not sure if I am suppose to post this here. But I put together a small video and added some glide tossing in it

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
So I was able to get the chance to play as Cloud earlier on the 3DS version and I must say, he feels just right for me to add him as one of my mains. I really enjoy the way he plays with the Limit Breaker and stuff.

Looking forward to downloading him on the Wii U version.

Last edited:

Bobert

NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
I never even imagined these two fighting together.

I love this game so much.......

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
CLoud is so much fun. I see Link and Shulk moves in him but better and faster. Its good to see a fast strong swordsman aside Marth and some others. Not much ending lag on his aerials, but you do have to watch forward air. Loving him and will probably play him serious in the future.

Here I have a Day 1 breakdown of Cloud's moveset and how to use them

Link:
https://youtu.be/kdt3fDZCye8

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I never beat All-Star Battle: Secret and The Final FINAL Battle in Events on Hard before...
That is, until I played Cloud. He makes those Events bit more easy (still tricky, but Cloud's weight and power make it manageable).
I also played against someone as Cloud this morning and I think I did pretty well with him. I just need to do a few more battles with him before saying "I want to secondary this character". I have to say though, he is really clicking with me.

Last edited by a moderator:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
As someone who's played a lot of DK, the landing lag on Cloud's F-air is actually really forgiving.

Top Bottom