• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Ice Cream Island has the Kirby Dance play at the end, Dedede's theme V2 has the Kirby Death play at the end and I highly doubt Cloud's victory theme would last that long judging by every other character's victory theme
More that the victory fanfare presented in the trailer would be unfitting. Obviously having a different version of it in a medley would be fine as long as it meshes well.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
More that the victory fanfare presented in the trailer would be unfitting. Obviously having a different version of it in a medley would be fine as long as it meshes well.
The Xenoblade Medley would like a word, it's awkward as **** and most Xenoblade fans absolutely hate what they did when remixing Engage the Enemy, a track that was perfect for sad moments, to make player feel sorrow.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
The Xenoblade Medley would like a word, it's awkward as **** and most Xenoblade fans absolutely hate what they did when remixing Engage the Enemy, a track that was perfect for sad moments, to make player feel sorrow.
It's barely remixed at all, just took the most hopeful bit of the song and sped it up a bit.

That's the problem with Xenoblade's music when it comes to remixing: most of it is too good and modern to be remixed. Mechanical Rhythm and You Will Know Our Names aren't remixed at all. Case in point: Good Egg Galaxy remix.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
-The one I call "bizarro Sephiroth"
It's actually called "Birth of a God". And I agree, it's a really good track.
Then again, almost every track in this game is amazing.
Actually the final boss trifecta with JENOVA Absolute, Birth of a God and One Winged Angel would be pretty rad, though again, hitting the limit of what I can expect them to put into the stage.

Not that I could complain. Unless the trailer was just a massive tease, Still More Fighting is in, and that's probably my absolute favorite battle track in FF (though Force Your Way comes really close).

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
It's actually called "Birth of a God". And I agree, it's a really good track.
Then again, almost every track in this game is amazing.
Actually the final boss trifecta with JENOVA Absolute, Birth of a God and One Winged Angel would be pretty rad, though again, hitting the limit of what I can expect them to put into the stage.

Not that I could complain. Unless the trailer was just a massive tease, Still More Fighting is in, and that's probably my absolute favorite battle track in FF (though Force Your Way comes really close).
I'm still mad that they put Bowser Jr.'s Fiery Flotilla in his trailer but not in the game.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Victory Fanfare better be Cloud's victory song (even the second part of it) or I'll be really mad.

I'm actually kind of doubting one-winged angel. Not because of the opera in it or even the length. Just because it seems very.... not Smash. Plus it'd be upsetting to hear "SEPHIE-ROTH!" with no Sephiroth around.

All this talk of music and remixes makes me impatient for the Remake's music. Can you imagine how incredible the music will sound with a modern take on all of them??? Ugh, I'm fanboying all over the place!

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Victory Fanfare better be Cloud's victory song (even the second part of it) or I'll be really mad.
Eh. I'd be happy with the victory fanfare alone. After all, no other character got a special extended version of a victory theme, even though there are a couple of characters where they could have done it.

I'm actually kind of doubting one-winged angel. Not because of the opera in it or even the length. Just because it seems very.... not Smash. Plus it'd be upsetting to hear "SEPHIE-ROTH!" with no Sephiroth around.
I dunno. There's plenty of tracks that would seem very "not Smash" or don't feature the character it's the theme of. Hanenbow or Environmental Noises, for example for the former, or the two Golden Sun tracks for the latter.
I would fully expect it to be a shortened version, though. It's a shame, but that's what happened to a couple of long, great tracks (still a bit miffed about Id~Purpose being shortened in the WiiU version, too).
All this talk of music and remixes makes me impatient for the Remake's music. Can you imagine how incredible the music will sound with a modern take on all of them??? Ugh, I'm fanboying all over the place!
I fully agree on this part though. I hope they keep the "unreal" feel of some of the tracks.

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue

Hm, well the Sonic music with lyrics like Live and Learn and Escape From the City and His World and those songs aren't really very "Smash", either. I actually turned all of those songs off because they're so jarringly out of place to me, even if I love them.

Another song that doesn't fit the area is Porky's Theme for Onett. So maybe they're a bit more lenient on "fitting" songs this time around as long as they're able to get in songs that represent the character or game.

Besides, Sephiroth's theme might actually fit in with Midgar. I really, really hope they use the Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix version:

Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
The Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD version of One-Winged Angel would be PERFECT for Smash. Man alive.

... ... ...

Could you imagine if they jumped the shark and somehow put Sephiroth in the game too? Another Melee moment where Marth and Roy are put together to rep Fire Emblem. Sephiroth and Cloud to rep Final Fantasy VII.

The riots would be so intense. ...but awesome. lmao

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Hm, well the Sonic music with lyrics like Live and Learn and Escape From the City and His World and those songs aren't really very "Smash", either. I actually turned all of those songs off because they're so jarringly out of place to me, even if I love them.

Another song that doesn't fit the area is Porky's Theme for Onett. So maybe they're a bit more lenient on "fitting" songs this time around as long as they're able to get in songs that represent the character or game.

Besides, Sephiroth's theme might actually fit in with Midgar. I really, really hope they use the Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix version:

With how many times One Winged Angel has already been remixed, I wouldn't flinch a second if Smash got it's own version.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
The Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD version of One-Winged Angel would be PERFECT for Smash. Man alive.

... ... ...

Could you imagine if they jumped the shark and somehow put Sephiroth in the game too? Another Melee moment where Marth and Roy are put together to rep Fire Emblem. Sephiroth and Cloud to rep Final Fantasy VII.

The riots would be so intense. ...but awesome. lmao
What if we got Cloud and Zack? Considering Zack would be far easier to make lol, and then we got 3 or 2 other dlc alongside and Sakurai is like "Zack has many fans, so I decided to include him as a bonus alongside cloud and so that you all get nice dessert after being so patient. Thank you"

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
You're probably right.

What does everyone think of the Dissidia remix of the battle theme? I kinda hate it.

I'm usually not that big on electronic or house music, but I'm surprisingly onboard with this remix.
Though I am a sucker for a good melody over a nice, basey beat.

VPTurnip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Turnip
3DS FC
0920-3141-8524
Bombing Mission, Aerith's Theme and Birth of a God are probably my favorite FF7 pieces, so if one more of those get in I'd be happy.

Although I'm already happy with the fanfare being in. Hearing it will be my motivation in winning with Cloud.
Unlike Link, whose victory music is kind of dull and used for every Zelda character. x_x
Villager and Olimar have nice victory themes though, so Cloud's will be the icing on the fanfare cake for me.

Alright, So who wants to help me and Strong-Arm Strong-Arm with the first official Cloud boards guide when Cloud is released?
I can try to get framedata, if you'd like. ^_~

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Strong-Arm Strong-Arm I'm liking the new avatar.
Bombing Mission, Aerith's Theme and Birth of a God are probably my favorite FF7 pieces, so if one more of those get in I'd be happy.

Although I'm already happy with the fanfare being in. Hearing it will be my motivation in winning with Cloud.
Unlike Link, whose victory music is kind of dull and used for every Zelda character. x_x
Villager and Olimar have nice victory themes though, so Cloud's will be the icing on the fanfare cake for me.

I can try to get framedata, if you'd like. ^_~
That could help. Thanks. Tell @BlueX to add you to the list of helpers if you are not already added.

Last edited:

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Wow, im surprised with the amount of people liking my new avatar lol. How to impress ppl 101: change avatar to sunset shimmer.

Anyways, do you guys want me to link the helpers in the thread I made?

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Even tho my heart is set out to Cloud as it stands only 3 characters come to mind that could challenge him in terms of who I would play, that being
King K Rool
Scorpion
Shovel Knight

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So I've been making progress. Last night, I got through Cloud's story about the Nibelheim incident.

I knew Sephiroth was on the unhinged side, but damn. And I know enough from other places to already know Jenova wasn't what they believed her to be...

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So I've been making progress. Last night, I got through Cloud's story about the Nibelheim incident.

I knew Sephiroth was on the unhinged side, but damn. And I know enough from other places to already know Jenova wasn't what they believed her to be...
Crisis Core gives us a different view on Sephiroth and the Nibelheim incident... Now, if only we could have a game from Sephiroth's point of view, but maybe that would ruin it for some people e.g. some people want to see Sparda in a Devil May Cry game, but don't want to see him "weakened" for gameplay and maybe plot reasons. It's kind of like the whole Big Boss saga where seeing and living through his life, can you really say he was a monster? Now, imagine playing strictly from Liquid or Ocelot's perspective and compare it with Solid Snake's. You'd have Big Boss's view, Liquid's where he hates Big Boss and his "destiny", Ocelot who starts angered by, but later admires Big Boss, and Snake's where it's from respect? to anger to perhaps understanding. In a way, we have that with Cloud who hates Sephiroth and Zack who admired, but later is confused and angered by Sephiroth. Now, what about Sephiroth's view? What about the viewpoint of someone who initially starts off as perhaps likable, sympathetic, and admired and ends up in madness? The difference is that Big Boss wanted a place for soldiers even in questionable and abhorrent ways - child soldiers were employed by him - while Sephiroth wanted to destroy planets just as his "mother" did.

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
One of my favorite overlooked portions of Cloud's trailer is at the very end, when it shows all of the companies involved in the game, and then throws Square Enix at the end there.

I feel like it just goes to show how incredibly large a project this game is, that the most iconic video gaming companies can fuse together in one video game. It's really cool stuff. :grin:

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
So I started playing Final Fantasy VI and its great! But something stood out to me. How does this
look like this?

I am nit-picking, but I just find it strange.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Crisis Core gives us a different view on Sephiroth and the Nibelheim incident... Now, if only we could have a game from Sephiroth's point of view, but maybe that would ruin it for some people e.g. some people want to see Sparda in a Devil May Cry game, but don't want to see him "weakened" for gameplay and maybe plot reasons. It's kind of like the whole Big Boss saga where seeing and living through his life, can you really say he was a monster? Now, imagine playing strictly from Liquid or Ocelot's perspective and compare it with Solid Snake's. You'd have Big Boss's view, Liquid's where he hates Big Boss and his "destiny", Ocelot who starts angered by, but later admires Big Boss, and Snake's where it's from respect? to anger to perhaps understanding. In a way, we have that with Cloud who hates Sephiroth and Zack who admired, but later is confused and angered by Sephiroth. Now, what about Sephiroth's view? What about the viewpoint of someone who initially starts off as perhaps likable, sympathetic, and admired and ends up in madness? The difference is that Big Boss wanted a place for soldiers even in questionable and abhorrent ways - child soldiers were employed by him - while Sephiroth wanted to destroy planets just as his "mother" did.
...the difference being that Big Boss completely skewered the interpretation of his former mentor's will (as did his comrades) up to the end, while Jenova pretty much made it clear what she was to Sephiroth thanks to his (erm) "lineage."

There was NOTHING subtle about what she wanted for Gaia when she was roused, after all.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
...the difference being that Big Boss completely skewered the interpretation of his former mentor's will (as did his comrades), while Jenova pretty much made it clear what she was to Sephiroth thanks to his (erm) lineage.

Smooth Criminal
And the irony is that Solid Snake carried out the Boss's will without ever knowing what it really was. See, if the Boss actually told Big Boss what she wanted, we wouldn't have this whole mess that happened in Metal Gear! Guess who one-upped you on being a good mom, Boss? Jenova. And she's a planet-eating monster! :p

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Part of the whole MEME/GENE/Legacy theme (suppose V's language/communication shtick fits in somewhere, too).

Metal Gear is crazy, but a lot of the stuff (at least thematically) makes sense after awhile.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Speaking of crazy or rather, wacky, anyone played D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die? Music is really good in my opinion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbDmYQiQ3j8, and I watched Geek Remix play the prologue and episode 1... I think they didn't like it, but I think it's really, really weird and really bad, but so bad it's good. Considering it came from the same developers who did Deadly Premonition... Also, the main character, David Young, has beautiful eyes. Embarrass

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Eh. I'd be happy with the victory fanfare alone. After all, no other character got a special extended version of a victory theme, even though there are a couple of characters where they could have done it.

I dunno. There's plenty of tracks that would seem very "not Smash" or don't feature the character it's the theme of. Hanenbow or Environmental Noises, for example for the former, or the two Golden Sun tracks for the latter.
I would fully expect it to be a shortened version, though. It's a shame, but that's what happened to a couple of long, great tracks (still a bit miffed about Id~Purpose being shortened in the WiiU version, too).

I fully agree on this part though. I hope they keep the "unreal" feel of some of the tracks.
Music like that is why FF7 had the absolute best tracks. You could give this music to anybody who has never played FF7 and i guarantee they will grasp the feeling of what this music is all about.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Pretty sure we heard Cloud's victory jingle for Smash at the end of his video.

Top Bottom