• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So here's a question.

If they do use One winged Angel, would they use the KH version because it is shorter? I mean, bear in mind for Rooftop Run they used the Generations version despite that version of Rooftop Run not appearing on a Nintendo system.

I mean, the only thing I think stops it would be Disney, but I'm not sure they own rights to remixes like that.

Jake1079

Smash Rookie
So here's a question.

If they do use One winged Angel, would they use the KH version because it is shorter? I mean, bear in mind for Rooftop Run they used the Generations version despite that version of Rooftop Run not appearing on a Nintendo system.

I mean, the only thing I think stops it would be Disney, but I'm not sure they own rights to remixes like that.
We don't even know that one winged angel is in the game, For suzaku castle we only got ryu and ken themes and remix so who knows what we will get.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Well, based on this trailer, I MAY have found a 3rd co-main, or at least a secondary. We don't know where he will be competitively, but I do know that it'll be fun playing as Cloud. Him in Smash is like a dream come true, as Final Fantasy 7 was a big game for me in my childhood, and Smash was the game that made me love gaming. I never rooted for him though, as I thought he was an impossibility, but he came through. I do wonder what music will make it in, bar the ones used in the trailer, they're stapled in it seems.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
-Language Warning-

Byootiful.

As for music, both of the FFVII battle themes, and One Winged Angel feel like shoe-ins.

But I also want that FFIV Boss theme. It's iconic in its own right, let me have it. :V

Also, no game with FF in it can be complete without the Chocobo music.

Last edited by a moderator:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
The Chocobo music is absolutely necessary. They wanna rep Square hard, they need that theme.

J.Noble

Smash Rookie
The hate directed at Cloud's inclusion on various sites is hilarious.
Yeah Jeez! Everyone complains that Square cheated on Nintendo or that he's a playstation character. Remember in melee where everyone requested Sonic? It doesn't matter where they come from, I'm just happy he's there. I mean damn! you get to use the buster sword (and the Mark II bustersword from AC) in SM4SH. Idk about you alll but I'm mega excited for that.

Also since we're going to Playstation I say we hit Xbox and get good ole Cheif in the Mix. With the surprise of Cloud, I think dreams do come true.

Also. does anyone think that the FF7 version and the AC versions are variations af the character and not different costumes? For some reason, I got that vibe. What do you think?

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Honestly i'm surprised how little there is. If you told me Cloud would be revealed I would have expected unending salt. Now it's only regular salt.
Yeah, although I do have a few very vocal friends right now venting on Facebook about him being included. Saying "there were better choices" and while there could have been a better choice in the name of "representing Nintendo's Square", the argument against Cloud gets laughable when I'm hearing people would have preferred characters other than him FROM THE SAME GAME.

Jake1079

Smash Rookie
It's probably going to be only ff7 for the stage but I think bravely default music has the best chance not only because it has good music but also because it's a recent 3ds only title with a sequel in japan and coming to other countrys.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Whoah there's a social thread already.
I hope that by "December" they mean early December and not late December. I really want to use Cloud already.

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
Regarding the music, normal and boss battle are obvious. I would really love to see One Winged Angel, JENOVA Absolute, Shinra's theme, Crazy Motorcycle Chase, a VII medley, and the VII main theme.

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
Totally psyched about this. It became cool to hate on FF7 in recent years and call it overrated,but it's always been a favorite of mine. Heck, it got me into JRPGs. I never played the earlier FFs until after the Playstation era.

I've become a pretty big FF fanboy over the years but I never thought this was possible. Square Enix still releases their high profile games on competing platforms more than Nintendo.

I have to wonder how Geno fans feel about this...

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Yeah, down B seems logical as limit break. Projjectile as down b would be wierd.
I'm thinking that it would also make sense for Limit Charge to be mapped to Down-B because it looks like that's also how you use Finishing Touch once you're fully charged, and that input makes more sense to me.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
The December Smash Direct can't come soon enough! Really looking forward to playing as Cloud in Smash.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NEW SECONDARY!

Maybe.

We'll have to see when he comes out.

Hi guys! Charizard main here, K. Rool ballot supporter, but I am just as hyped and SURPRISED as any of you by Cloud Strife's reveal.

Edit: I nearly forgot this means Cloud Amiibo and CLOUD in MARIO MAKER.

What a day to be alive.

What a day.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So...

Do we have a release date?
I assume it's "December" whenever we get the Smash Direct.

I imagine they're just waiting to unload Cloud and the ballot winners on us there.

But who knows anymore. Cloud Strife is actually in Smash Bros. ANYTHING can happen now! (Mostly.)

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I assume it's "December" whenever we get the Smash Direct.

I imagine they're just waiting to unload Cloud and the ballot winners on us there.

But who knows anymore. Cloud Strife is actually in Smash Bros. ANYTHING can happen now! (Mostly.)
I was talking about this in the K. Rool support social. I think this opens up doors for quite a few. Banjo looks more than possible now. My hope is up for my dream of the Bear and Bird.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
So here's a side by side comparison of Cloud's original art to his Smash 4 rendition:
Cloud_Strife.png

fighter_5.jpg

Looks pretty accurate to me.

Last edited:

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
I can't wait to see the poster artwork for Cloud. Makes me wonder if they'll get Amano to do it.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
So this makes me want to play FF7 really badly. But as it stands, the only thing I own that can play it is my iPhone. Has anyone played FF7 on their phone? Is it any good on an iPhone?

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
I'm thinking that it would also make sense for Limit Charge to be mapped to Down-B because it looks like that's also how you use Finishing Touch once you're fully charged, and that input makes more sense to me.
Yeah, i can see limit to finishing being a solid counter esque move

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
-Language Warning-

Byootiful.

As for music, both of the FFVII battle themes, and One Winged Angel feel like shoe-ins.

But I also want that FFIV Boss theme. It's iconic in its own right, let me have it. :V

Just a general reminder that videos with language that is NSFW should be posted with warnings. Carry on.

That being said, while I can't say I'll be playing Cloud, he's looking excellent. Definitely will use him in friendlies.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Sadly I'm a 3DS peasant, so I'm hoping if One Winged Angel really is stage music (oh god I hope it is), it's the alternate theme on the 3DS (OH GOD I HOPE IT IS).

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
-Language Warning-

Byootiful.

Max's reaction reminds me why I love Smash so much. The simple concept of "I CAN MAKE MY FAVORITE CHARACTER FIGHT A BUNCH OF OTHER PEOPLE'S FAVORITE CHARACTERS!"

So I'm not sure if this would be the greatest thread to ask or what but assuming there's probably one or two FF7 fans on the Cloud boards I've gotta ask. I'm aware that Cloud's a really famous character from a very famous game but I'm unsure of the history of WHY. Like I know Final Fantasy has earned its place as a famous series but what was it about FF7 in particular that was so huge that its hero would join Smash? Storyline? The dawn of 3d? Some cool mechanic? Just a bit curios from one who hasn't played much FF.

Last edited:

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
Cloud is very clearly about to be my main. So I may as well introduce myself; I'm here to stay, fellas!

I'll probably be using Advent Children's Cloud by far the most. I think his hair is just better in that form.

Jamble

Smash Apprentice
I don't think I'll end up using him all that regularly, but I'm more excited than I thought I'd be over Cloud's addition here. I'm also really excited that adding a Square character means we have hope for some other third party characters making the cut. Then again, his fight animations look really cool, might be enough to grab my interest and keep me.

I mean heck, I stopped playing Sm4sh for awhile and this has got my attention back on the game. That's something.

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
Max's reaction reminds me why I love Smash so much. The simple concept of "I CAN MAKE MY FAVORITE CHARACTER FIGHT A BUNCH OF OTHER PEOPLE'S FAVORITE CHARACTERS!"

So I'm not sure if this would be the greatest thread to ask or what but assuming there's probably one or two FF7 fans on the Cloud boards I've gotta ask. I'm aware that Cloud's a really famous character from a very famous game but I'm unsure of the history of WHY. Like I know Final Fantasy has earned its place as a famous series but what was it about FF7 in particular that was so huge that its hero would join Smash? Storyline? The dawn of 3d? Some cool mechanic? Just a bit curios from one who hasn't played much FF.
These are my thoughts on the matter. It's not necessarily FF VII being a REALLY big deal back in the 90s, it's more about the series as a whole. The series began on Nintendo consoles with FF I-VI before making the big switch to PS with VII. FF is significant in Nintendo's history, as is Ryu and SF II. As for Cloud himself getting in over the large variety of other characters in the FF universe, it's most likely because Cloud is arguably the poster boy for the series because when people think of FF, most people will think of VII, not to mention it's one of the more successful titles in the series, so Cloud is pretty much one the faces of FF, if not THE face.

RosaPeach

Smash Journeyman
I hope we get Kingdom Hearts music maybe kinda hope not.
FF7 Remake coming on NX:lol:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Well. That happened.

Seems like the dream's come full circle for me. Best of luck to everyone else out there either aiming for the top or having some fun! Crossing my fingers for some remade VII music for the Midgar stage on my end personally.

Needless to say, I flipped.

Jamble

Smash Apprentice
Happy to see so many people happy, even though as a fellow BFS wielder... you'll get no sympathy from me.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Seeing Cloud have both his FF7 look and his Advent Children look makes me, as a K. Rool supporter, have hope that we could potentially see a Kaptain K. Rool outfit for a hypothetical K. Rool character.

Still, surprises left and right for this guy. Not expecting Cloud aside, I wouldn't expect him to rock both those looks.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
It's reaching 12 hours since the Direct went live and I'm still at a loss that they managed to do it.

This was the best surprise possible.

I also seriously recommend anyone new to try out Final Fantasy 7 if you have some money spare and can't wait for the remake. I finished it a few years back and as long as you're okay with the visuals it's a fantastic game that is also surprisingly short (I finished it at around 23 hours). It's definitely my favourite Final Fantasy just because of how much fun it was.

Last edited:
Top Bottom