• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

----------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Winnar, please PM me even though I think we've already talked? o_0 I can't remember. x_x

And yeah, Bloshi, hope to see you in October. We'll see what we can do then.

Casture

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry if someone has already asked this, but what is the name of the songs used in these vids. I absolutely love them.

Oh yeah, the Zelda dance was unfrickenbelievable. Way too good.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I'll be releasing all that information when the project is complete.

Oh, hey hey hey hey hey hey hey.

So guess what, guys? I have a totally surprising surprise for you!

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: It's actually progressing some!

I managed to recapture all the part four footage I had lost, so I just need some time to fix it up and ship it out to you guys.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: We are still, but I lost massive amounts of footage on my move...

...so I've had to do quite a bit of miracle recording. Don't worry, it'll get done.

Sometime. >_>;

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
:yoshi: We are still, but I lost massive amounts of footage on my move...

...so I've had to do quite a bit of miracle recording. Don't worry, it'll get done.

Sometime. >_>;
Thank ya much Shiri! Its koolio man we've waited this long, so what's a few more weeks...

months...

years..... :chuckle::p

SaltyBacon4me

Smash Rookie
i have a few questions....
what the heck is a chainthrow? are there any aerial move yoshi can do to try and get closer to the stage? what are some noob combos with him??? and...where is he on the tier list?

D

Deleted member

i have a few questions....
what the heck is a chainthrow? are there any aerial move yoshi can do to try and get closer to the stage? what are some noob combos with him??? and...where is he on the tier list?
Ermmm, a chain throw (CG) is when someone keeps throwing u while u cant do anything. Yoshi is bottom tier, so basically he sux really bad, but dont be discouraged. Noob combos...ermm i dunno against fast fallers (in case u dont know, that would be fox, falco, captain falcon) u can utilt juggle at low percents, then lead into an uair and egg juggle. U might want to go to some threads to teach u all u need to know about advancedish smash stuff. Oh and no aeriel move recovery, except air dodge and if u are high enough, egg roll. Hope that helps, and if u need anything, feel free to PM me. Welcome to the yoshi boards.

D1

Banned via Administration
Gonna go back to work on Yoshi once again...that green Dino is just too fun...plus his grabs don't totally suck like I once thought. I had an idea but I thought I should first ask you Shiri if you think its practical...I was basically gonna compile a list of all the moves that are shield-grabbable by Yoshi...for us Yoshi players to probably start getting encouraged to grab more often....but I dunno...generally speaking certain tilts/dashattacks/smashes are generally easy to shieldgrab at least. I dunno if its practical for me to want to make that list.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: D1, that's not a terrible idea, I think. Especially against Peach and Samus...

...they have moves such that the only way to punish OOS is with a shieldgrab.

And Eltrotraw, Yoshi can grab opponents in the air with any part of his grab hitbox. Samus can't as far as I know, and Link can, but only with the hilt of his hookshot--the actual hook does not grab mid-air. Actually, when you have the time, try working on variations of the famous "Fumi Combo" against a dummy Fox/Falco where after about 105-110%, you can up tilt, for example, and then regrab into a throw into a guaranteed KO. It's actually pretty fun, quite challenging, and lets you see how Yoshi's aerial grab works.

P.S. - You are aware that's like...my favorite first gen pkmn, right?

D

Deleted member

my new yoshi style involves spamming roll dodge, the light shield sliding thing, and mashing down b to get out of combos.

it's pretty amazing.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Max, go to bed. Only you would be up at 3 in the morning playing Yoshi. =_=

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
I am a firm believer in yoshi's grabs sucking. But I do believe that can be use. Thats A great list to make D1. And with my yoshi im gonna work more on doing the jab grab. and jab dash grab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom