• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

----------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I'm privately funding this machine...

...with my overseas Yoshi Egg trade. The government has "no recollection" of being involved.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I know I already put this in another thread, but just in case...

If anyone has any of the old Super Mario World cartoons, please PM me and let me know. I'm trying something with them, and it'll be pretty cool (read: pretty uncool) and definately funny (read: maybe not). Let me know. ^_^

P.S. - Updated the front page. Nothing special...just a progress report.

D1

Banned via Administration
the end of the month draws near lets hope this shiz rocks my sockz when I see it or I'm gonna break some eggz :chuckle:

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: D1 is so abusive. :_:

P.S. - Actually, there is a good chance that this will be finished very soon since I've very recently leveled-up in my movie-making skills. However, I leveled-down in common sense when I was attempting to record about an hour of moveset footage yesterday and realized that I hadn't hit the "Start Capture" button. Very disappointing. -_-

MDZ

Smash Journeyman
Armstrong B.C Canada. It's in the Okanagan, so if
Haha, just minor setbacks, Shiri :p Nothing like redoing the proccess over and over because of one missed button :D Anyways, if you don't have to, don't rush it. You got lots of time to make it an excellent series.

Looking forward to it :D

Iggy K

Smash Ace
This looks like it'll be one hell of a guide, nice going! :chuckle:

oh, if you still want those Super Mario World episodes, I know you can download all of them from this site. http://yoshilore.com/

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Unfortunately, Yoshi Lore has been down for about a week or so. x_x

If I had known the videos were there, I would have snagged them a long time ago.

Actually, I suspect that the presence of the videos so freely might be the cause of the site's lack of operation. I'm sure somebody didn't like the fact that full-length epsiodes were available for download like that. It's a shame, too, cuz an avatar I had on another forum came form there and I forgot to save it to my hard drive. It was a pretty pimp Yoshi icon, too. -_-;

I've been waiting everday (and will continue to do so) for Yoshi Lore to come back online. Until then, thanks for the tip. Hopefully, the episodes will still be available for download and I can get them from there. Thanks. ^_^

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I actually found a site that has some.

I think you guys will like what I found. Good times. ^_^

P.S. - Part Three done. Almost completed!

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I read that and I couldn't stop laughing for like...ten minutes...

The Yoshi boards and the people who come here easily 4 stock any of the other boards.

I'm gonna be doing more work tomorrow during the holiday, so fear not. I want this to be done by next Wednesday at the absolute latest.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I should learn to play Yoshi dittoes.

Whenever I meet a Yoshi player, that's the first thing they want to do. I should get on that soon. o_o

D1

Aight Yan send me my PM or I'LL REALLY START BREAKING SOME EGGZ >_<.

MDZ

Smash Journeyman
Armstrong B.C Canada. It's in the Okanagan, so if
Shiri said:
:yoshi: I read that and I couldn't stop laughing for like...ten minutes...

The Yoshi boards and the people who come here easily 4 stock any of the other boards.

I'm gonna be doing more work tomorrow during the holiday, so fear not. I want this to be done by next Wednesday at the absolute latest.
I agree. The Yoshi community is by far my favorite out of all the character-boards I've been on. Anyways, good luck with the fnishing of the videos. I'm highly anticipating it :p

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I'll post it in this thread. No need to make a new one.

I just hope it will all fit. Maybe I should just link to the text documents instead of dumping all the text into the top two posts of the thread? I dunno, I'll try a few different things.

P.S. - I have the worst sense of timing ever. If I had known it would take this long to encode these decently, I would have started a few days ago. I've either got ghastly filesizes or so many artifacts that you can't tell what's going on. -_-

P.P.S. - Okay, so....yeah. I've been encoding for the past eight or nine hours with horrible results. I probably should have started this bit a few days earlier. I don't wanna do this (cuz I promised), but I might have to wait until I get back from FC to get these encoded and released. x_x

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Supershielding is my very cheezy name for a technique most Yoshis know about (I think) involving Yoshi's invincible shielding animation. It's very handy.

D1

JUST SEAL FTW

Japanese smash terms>American Smash terms hands down.

They fuggin call the ledge, CLIFF!

Cliff fuggin sounds mofuggin betta mofuggaz *moves to Japan* :colorful:

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
I can't find where he explain what those abreviations (Y.O.S.H.I.) mean ;>_<;

D1 said:
JUST SEAL FTW

Japanese smash terms>American Smash terms hands down.

They fuggin call the ledge, CLIFF!

Cliff fuggin sounds mofuggin betta mofuggaz *moves to Japan* :colorful:
so, D1 does like japanese's bad translations? :laugh:

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Hahaha.

Wak, there is no real meaning to the abbreviation. It's just there as a project name. ^_^

And yes, Just Seal sounds pretty fantastic.

P.S. - Part One has completed its first successful encode.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: +10 points.

P.S. - Okay, here's what I'm thinking.

Part One is complete. Like...all the way done.

Part Two is almost finished with what I think will be its final render.

This is obviously taking longer than planned.

What I'm thinking of doing is releasing the text documents now and then releasing the videos as they undergo successful encodes. What do you guys think? I just don't wanna hold this up much longer and I know people are being patient. Let me know.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: So, I'm sick of holding this up.

All the text is now fully released with the first video released as well.

As the videos reach my desired level of encoding (part two is done, but not uploaded--part three now rendering), I'll be uploading them.

Have fun, guys. Drop me any criticism or suggestions. You can post here or PM me, whichever you like.

If you're looking at the part one vid and asking yourself, "He took this long on something like THIS?" well, this was my first time doing something so big. Don't worry about the apparent lack of detail, especially on areas like DI. I'll be going back and releasing videos on topics that I feel deserve a closer look.

I'm still working, so I hope you guys will be happy with the finished product. I hope the text I've released is informative. I'll try to get this stuff out as quickly as I can.

Thanks for all the support so far.

P.S. - As thanks for waiting, I've included some bonuses at the ends of each part including part one, so I hope they make up for the wait. ^_^

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Holy crap, this fricking rocks! Never knew there were so many shield options, that cancelling stuff helps a lot to, bravo shiri, I eat my eye off for you :lick:(I don't know what this smiley means, but I can't think of a better time to use it).

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: No problem.

Don't thank me for the shield stuff, though. I've been doing it for a while without knowing what it was and Bringer was the one that I saw bring the info. to the boards, so he gets credit for that stuff. It's too good.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Shiri said:
:yoshi: Your sig amuses me. Wow, you made my day.
lol :laugh: I get that alot actually.
My last 5 PM messages and last 10 or so rep comments where in response to my sig :lick:

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Excellent work Shiri!

A quick point before I forget about it. You mention that fallspeed is a factor in reducing vertical knockback, without mentioning that weight is also a factor. Unless I have been mistaken a long time, I'm sure that weight affects vertical knockback as well as horizontal for every attack except for some reason... upthrows.

Correct me if I'm wrong please =)

Also - I thought Automatic Smash DI was the movement you got on the first frame of hitlag, because that was the direction of your joystick. Since you ASDI in that direction, you cannot smash DI until you change the direction your joystick is pointing. Imo this makes more sense than ASDI being the last fram of hitlag. (Again, I could be wrong.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom