Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is a very large game, but after multiple months of quarantine even the most dedicated player can get bored. Here are seven ideas to stave off Ultimate boredom for a few hours!
- Play a “traditional” 2D fighting game! Set match rules to heavy gravity, Stamina to simulate the heavier style. For extra immersion, limit character choices to Ryu, Ken and Terry, and limit stage choices to Omega-style stages.
- On the Spirit Board, beat a higher-star spirit with a lower-star spirit! This is an unpredictable challenge, and it’s a different experience for each spirit battle!
- Train an amiibo! There’s many amiibo tournaments being conducted through Battle Arenas, so you’re sure to find some fierce competition should you train them for competitive fighting.
- 100% complete World of Light! This task usually takes about 25 hours to complete without any outside spirits, but won’t be nearly as long if you already have three and four-star spirits.
- Turn off your Preferred Rules on Quickplay, and embrace the chaos!
- Make a Mii Fighter based on a celebrity, cartoon character, or someone you know! What sort of Mii Fighter would Snoop Dogg be? Would he be a Suplex-based Mii Brawler, or a Flame Pillar-focused Mii Gunner?
- Create your own Classic Mode! Using a Mii Fighter of a character you want in Smash, imagine the character’s Classic Mode route, and try to create it using CPU opponents, different skins, stage choice and match rules.