• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

7/21/2007 - GIGABITS - We do the Smash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
GIGABITS LAN Center will be holding it's 18th Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournament Saturday July 21st 2007

Format: Doubles, Singles

Time:

Doubles Starts: 11:30am

Singles Starts after Doubles but not earlier then 2pm

-Note For those that haven't been to a Gigabits Tournament before these are an all day affair if participating in Doubles and Singles you will probably be here from around 11am to around 9pm (depending on how many people show).

Gamer Fees:

Doubles: $10 admission per player ($20 per team)
Singles: $15 admission per player

Rules= Stock
Stock = 4
Handicap = Off
Damage Ratio = 1.0
Friendly Fire = On
Self-destruct = -1
Items = Off

All four tournaments are Double Elimination as well as best two out of three with the semifinals and finals best 3 out of 5.

Stages banned for Singles Only: Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom 2
Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City
Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, and Kongo Jungle, Onett.

Prizes:

Doubles:

First Place team will receive 50% of doubles admission
Second Place team will receive 15% of doubles admission
Third Place team will receive 5% of doubles admission

Singles:

First Place will receive 50% of singles admission
Second Place will receive 15% of singles admission
Third Place will receive 5% of singles admission

Snacks and Food Available for Purchase at Gigabits (stock permitting)

- Pepsi Products (Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, Pepsi, Lipton Teas, Tropicana producets, and more)
- Bawls
- Monster
- Redbull
- Headshot
- Dominos Personal Pan Pizzas (Gigabits sells 1 topping Dominos personal pan pizzas for 5 dollars including a can of soda).
- Chips (Pringles, Sunchips, Lays Producets)
- Candy (Lots of different Candy Bars, Airheads, etc etc)
- Doughnuts, Honeybuns, Etc.

Also located just in our Plaza is:

Dominos Pizza
Silver Mine Subs
Anmol Indian Cuisine
Miss Saigon Vietnamese
Lazy Moon Pizza (30 inch pizzas, huge slices run like 3-4 dollars which is awesome)
Jeremiahs Italian Ice
Millie's Jamican Cafe
Great China Chinesse
Fusian Sushi and Japenesse
Broadway Pizza
McDonalds
Bangkok Square Thai and Sushi
El Cerro Mexican

all that just in our plaza and more in the area. Yes, you are allowed to bring outside food and drink into the store.

12243 University Blvd.
Orlando, FL, 32817

Across The Street from UCF in the plaza with McDonalds and the El Cerro Mexican Restaurant. The plaza is called University Shoppes.

Gigabits is in the middle of the plaza next to Miss Saigon Vietnamese and Anmol Indian Cuisine.

Directions:

Coming off 417 (toll road):

Get off at the exit for the University of Central Florida, University Blvd.

Go straight down university heading for UCF. Gigabits is in the plaza on the left side of the street at the intersection of University Blvd and Alafaya Trail. (Across the Street from UCF).

Coming off 408 (toll road)

Get off at the exit for the University of Central Florida - You stay on 408 till it literally turns into Challenger Parkway. Stay on Challenger Parkway until you reach the intersection of Challenger and Alafaya Tr.

Hang a right on Alafaya Tr.

Contiune on Alafaya Tr. until you reach the intersection of University and Alafaya. Turn left here and take the next right then again the next immediate right and you will be in Gigabits' Plaza.

See GIGABITS website at www.gigabitslan.com

Results

Doubles Brackets

Singles Brackets (After Pools)

Col Bol

Smash Champion
Second Post :(

I don't know if I can make this or TS5, if I do make one of them, I won't make the other, cause my bday is the 25th :grin:

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
**** 3 tourneys in one month. I'll prolly also have to choose this or TS, most likey it will be Gigs.

Pritch

Smash Lord
I think it's probably unlikely I'll make this, as my wallet will probably be pretty pwnt with all the traveling I plan to be doing over the rest of the summer, with potentially 2 family trips up north, FC, and (maybe) LTEC on top of that. Man, I am missing way too many tournaments now. The panhandle sucks. :(

CmRoddy

Smash Journeyman
Yet another gigabits tourney i'll probably be missing... so sad. I'm deff going to try though. My car will be fixed by then, so maybe. If not, I'll just have to make the August tourney, since school would have started by then.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I'm down to come to this tourney, but will there be any housing, I'm from Mobile. Al.

Peachtress

Smash Ace
A-L: You didn't know I was there because didn't enter the tournament. Lol. There were alot of people I wanted to play but they were too busy w/ tourny matches. I played a white Peach.....and was wearing a grey shirt, I'm short too..Maybe next time.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
im not sure if i will be able to house anyone, since i dont know if ill have enough money to enter the tourney, im goin to FC so im gonna b kinda broke after that

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
Melbourne could house you most likely Ragnarock. We're about an hour or so from the venue, but we could prolly give you a ride there from our place. I'll talk to the other melbourne guys if you're interested.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
OTRU, you don't technically have to attend the tourney in order to house people. Understandable though, there was a hell of a lot of people there last weekend.

on a side note, I probably won't be going to this gigs either. It's right after my trip to the Panhandle and I'm going to be low on money after getting married.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Me and my crew will probbaly be there... I may even ENTER this one, seeing as I haven't entered a gigs tournie since they canceled low tiers >.<

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I hope that they bring back pools with the top 4 getting into the double elimination bracket again. It was a great idea and let you have more matches then the bracket alone.

Pritch

Smash Lord
OTRU, you don't technically have to attend the tourney in order to house people. Understandable though, there was a hell of a lot of people there last weekend.

on a side note, I probably won't be going to this gigs either. It's right after my trip to the Panhandle and I'm going to be low on money after getting married.
Trip to the panhandle? When're you showing up over here?

And congrats on the marriage bit too, while we're at it.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Thanks pritch/rohins.

We're not going to do any sort of ceremony yet, basically just eloping and maybe later on hold something for the parents to go to. Like a renewal of vows or something. But I need to look into what we have to do exactly, like sign some papers and pay a fee I imagine.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
yo, hiroshi is getting so good lately. he got his car finally so he can finally smash again, and now he's beasting. this kid is too good...peace

-hiroshi
Bah, Hiroshi is noob! <3 :)

and omg, DF is coming back.. Good ish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom