• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6WX Joins Circa eSports!

Another top Smash 4 player has received a sponsorship! Yesterday, it was announced that 6WX joined Circa eSports.

6WX made his rise to fame starting in Smash 4. He was previously considered a WiFi-warrior in Brawl with his Sonic, until he began to enter tournaments in Smash 4. When Smash 4 released, he quickly became one of the best Sonic mains in the world, placing 4th at Apex 2015. He is still one of the best Sonics in the world, as shown by his top 8 placing at Paragon LA.

Be sure to give 6WX a follow on Twitter @Circa_6WX!

Last edited:

Comments

6wx you must go all out at Genesis 3 this weekend and remind everyone who that sonic was at Apex 2015. Go get em!

I like how small this article was compared to the other ones, like they're trying to hide sonic.

Anyways, that nice to hear!

It's true though. Sonic is just the worst.
I don't hate him actually. I think I'm one of the few people in the Smash community who doesn't even mind Sonic. Then again, this comes from a Sonic fan, so don't take that into consideration. There are characters that I think are a lot more annoying and more obnoxious than Sonic (looking at you guys:4jigglypuff::4olimar::4gaw:and braindead:4ness:).

I don't hate him actually. I think I'm one of the few people in the Smash community who doesn't even mind Sonic. Then again, this comes from a Sonic fan, so don't take that into consideration. There are characters that I think are a lot more annoying and more obnoxious than Sonic (looking at you guys:4jigglypuff::4olimar::4gaw:and braindead:4ness:).
See, and I love Olimar. There's something about a defensive wall-out character that really appeals to me. I actually like sonic outside of his gameplay. I remember when he was the new hot mascot on the scene and all the kids thought he was the coolest. I love his throwback-to-the-20s style art. He's a bit of a Poochy D, but man, I'm okay with that. What I hate is how damn difficult a time I have punishing that spindash. But then, I main Kirby and I'm too slow.

Congrats 6wx! Show'em who's boss.

It's true though. Sonic is just the worst.
I don't understand what makes Sonic disliked (i ask because i've seen a lot of dislike recently). I can understand he's annoying to fight against but he controls great and can be easily read when he's in the wrong hands. Im a sonic main, and the only reason i dont like sonic is because he's a too predictable (Spin Dash the crap outta anything that moves), but other than that, he's a great character that just knows how to mess you up.

I was just wondering if it was anything beyond a john.... :3

Last edited:
See, and I love Olimar. There's something about a defensive wall-out character that really appeals to me. I actually like sonic outside of his gameplay. I remember when he was the new hot mascot on the scene and all the kids thought he was the coolest. I love his throwback-to-the-20s style art. He's a bit of a Poochy D, but man, I'm okay with that. What I hate is how damn difficult a time I have punishing that spindash. But then, I main Kirby and I'm too slow.
Me too. I liked Sonic because of his games that appealed to a lot of people back in the 90s and his attitude. I even tried the original Pikmin game on the GCN, but it didn't work out for me. I didn't really liked it. Maybe it's not my game genre.

I don't understand what makes Sonic disliked (i ask because i've seen a lot of dislike recently). I can understand he's annoying to fight against but he controls great and can be easily read when he's in the wrong hands. Im a sonic main, and the only reason i dont like sonic is because he's a too predictable (Spin Dash the crap outta anything that moves), but other than that, he's a great character that just knows how to mess you up.

I was just wondering if it was anything beyond a john.... :3
First and foremost, he is annoying to fight against. The spindash is difficult to punish and easy to spam. Often, Sonic ends up behind you on shield, and if you anticipate him, he'l just up and throw a spring in your face. Even bad, spammy Sonics can require some patience to finally corner and attack. Sonic is a threat from anywhere on the stage, whether you are airborne or grounded, and his spindash can and often is delayed indefinitely to create these stupid mexican standoffs where whoever gives up first loses (Like, I did an inhale against a sonic one time anticipating a spindash, and he just sat there for 2 minutes waiting for me to drop inhale so he could release and smack me). Most characters with moves like this have limits on how long they can delay (think Pikachu/Luigi's headbash, or Jigglypuff's rollout).

As a spectator, a lot of his moves look similar. Spindash, homing attack, nair, uair and a few others I'm surely forgetting -- all amount to rolling up in a ball and bashing people. And it's just not fun to watch for 3 minutes as sonic repeatedly attacks somebody's shield before running away. Yeah, top players can handle it, but that doesn't make it fun to watch, nor does it make him fun to fight for casuals.

Last edited:
Top Bottom