64BR Social Thread

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Hello everyone... Since we got most of the members of our BR here, it'd be cool if we all got to know each other better and have fun. I also heard that the other Back Rooms also had social threads, so why shouldn't we have one?

Talk about anything and everything (that you are allowed to talk about of course! =D).

Hey Koro

This is a horrible way to respond, but you said "the backroom should have at least one keyboard player" and "I think Boomfan and I are the only ones that play Barwl". Well, dandan and I play keyboard, and King Funk plays Brawl. Not that any of this matters, I just felt like informing/correcting you

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Hey Koro

This is a horrible way to respond, but you said "the backroom should have at least one keyboard player" and "I think Boomfan and I are the only ones that play Barwl". Well, dandan and I play keyboard, and King Funk plays Brawl. Not that any of this matters, I just felt like informing/correcting you
I told him I played SSBM and SSBB. xD

Btw Star King you have MSN or AIM?

s2j

Smash Master
i commented on the only active topic in smash 64 backroom

so will u guys stop telling me to post?? lol

I'm gonna be on vacation for a week starting Wednesday. Sorry, but it couldn't be helped. I might be able to check in now and then, but I'm hoping that at least a skeleton of a ruleset will be created soon.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I hope no one has been spreading rumors from within the BR.

I have a feeling Darth Rancorous knows more then he is letting on (his thread seemed to let on that he knows about the 3 stage striking rules we have come up with)

I really hope we dont have to kick someone out because they can't be trusted :\

I don't think the confidentiality rule should be in place.

What's the point of the backroom? To help filter good input from bad by only letting knowledgeable people post. Once that's been done, there's no reason not to have the good input available.

How about...dont listen to anyone telling you about the BR.

If it's a BR member telling you about things that are happening you should report them asap (although i cant see it happening).

This thread should be fine to debate if you think the color should be banned on dark stages or not though...just dont take what the OP says about the BRoom too seriously.
What's wrong with someone from the BR talking about things that are happening?
e.g. "The BR is discussing stage legality"

What's wrong with someone from the BR talking about things that are happening?
e.g. "The BR is discussing stage legality"
From the "64 Backroom Doctrine-in-progress" sticky:
Article V: Confidentiality
All information posted within the 64 Backroom shall be considered confidential material unless otherwise noted. If an 64 Backroom member publicizes this information they may be removed from the membership. The Director of Member Relations will be in charge of any investigation and recommendations of expulsion to the Head Council.
But yeah, like I said, I disagree the concept.

lol i just copypasted the brawl doctrine and ctrl-H'ed Brawl Backroom with 64 Backroom

The only thing I would consider TREASONOUS and BANNABLE is leaking discussion on who's to come in. Everything else is stuff others could legitimately come up with on their own.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
The whole point of this BR is to do these projects "secretly" then we release the info once everyone in the BRoom has finalized it.

Nothing is really keep from the public, it's just not released till it's finished.

If we dont keep up with this then there really wasn't any point to making it non-viewable to others in the first place. I hope this isn't some way to try and make that happen btw...that'd be awful

either way it comes down to this...

dont disclose info from the BR...if you want to, you dont want to be in the BR

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I'm gonna sound off here:

I think we either need to admit a lot more ppl in the backroom or make it viewable by everyone. I'm not sure I like that only 8-9 select people are making decisions for an already small community, in secret.

I think they should be allowed to know what were talking about and discuss it themselves before we finalize anything.

Like A$ said, I think the ssb64 backroom needs to be more about filtering intelligent and experienced posters rather than just letting "elite" players in to make all the decisions for everyone.

EDIT: I think we should move on this quickly too. The backroom has been open for a while now and there hasn't been a whole lot of productive discussion. Only one thread really. I think we all need to get together and take a poll on intelligent posters we can invite to the backroom. That is much better than an application process IMO.

We aren't anything like the brawl or melee communities and we shouldn't have to run our backroom like they do. I'm betting MLG_JV would agree with me here.

The whole point of this BR is to do these projects "secretly" then we release the info once everyone in the BRoom has finalized it.

Nothing is really keep from the public, it's just not released till it's finished.

If we dont keep up with this then there really wasn't any point to making it non-viewable to others in the first place. I hope this isn't some way to try and make that happen btw...that'd be awful
I have yet to hear a good reason why it should be non-viewable to the public.

People are going to create threads in response to the Backroom. It has already happened. With something as little as the issue of dark colors on Kongo, a thread was still created by Darth, because he wanted to get his opinion out. It kind of defeats the purpose of letting only certain members in, when everybody else is going to be discussing in the main forum.

To be honest I still want a publicly viewable backroom, or to at least have the competitively relevant threads viewable by the backroom.
it would also make me work more >_>

We aren't just allowing 'elite' players in, it just so happens that the 'elite' players often make up the majority of the informed posters. I for one am mediocre at the game, I just happen to have okay reasoning and organisation skills.

People are going to create threads in response to the Backroom. It has already happened. With something as little as the issue of dark colors on Kongo, a thread was still created by Darth, because he wanted to get his opinion out. It kind of defeats the purpose of letting only certain members in, when everybody else is going to be discussing in the main forum.
I'm not sure what the problem with this is?

It's going to happen anyway once the back room releases something, and it lets everyone get his opinion heard in the main forum.

The back room people on the other hand can just ignore it and carry on. I thought the point of the back room is just that you don't have to read any more "Ness's recovery is SO GOOD!!!!!!" posts by people who just joined.

Marc

Relic of the Past
GRimer
None of the SBRs are public. Not saying it should be like that per se, but having the entire room set to public means people can single members out and attack them over decisions/recommendations they don't like. You also lose a lot of freedom when it comes to discussing major happenings (might not be as much of an issue for the 64 community) and well, social talk. Transparency and providing reasoning are both things worth striving for, but you shouldn't decide making this room publicly viewable lightly. If anything, you're giving people who are going to disagree no matter what A LOT to work with.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Northern NJ, 15 minutes from the GW or Manhattan
To add to what some of the people here said, the issue also with allowing people to see the back room is that then people can see who actually made the decisions that the person disliked (for example, Darth knew about the dark colors rule but does not know who actually started the discussion or who voted on to ban it). It makes the posts at the end more as a community.

Marc

Relic of the Past
GRimer
Does not making public who said/voted what preclude the backing of opinions/decisions? Whenever a BR releases something, there should be an explanation of what it is and how it came about alongside it.